HELP: Request Official Unlock of ICS Bootloader

Guest jsevi83

Guest telonius

If you get the unlock code what is the use of it? You unlock the bootloader and then what?

Simply you no longer have to hack the bootloader to install CWM? What is the profit out of it?

Guest george109
If you get the unlock code what is the use of it? You unlock the bootloader and then what?

Simply you no longer have to hack the bootloader to install CWM? What is the profit out of it?

Hack unlock means that when you use 3G or HSPA sometimes you get random reboots. This should stop if you officially unlock it.

Guest george109

@george109: maybe you could use a Live CD/USB? Adb works great on Linux too (I know this for a fact). Plus there is no need for a special USB driver.

I'll try that tomorrow, thanks for the tip :)

Guest telonius

Hack unlock means that when you use 3G or HSPA sometimes you get random reboots. This should stop if you officially unlock it.

This is 100% for everyone? Cause i've checked the dev threads for known bugs and i haven't seen this mentioned, at least from OP.

Guest denzele

This is 100% for everyone? Cause i've checked the dev threads for known bugs and i haven't seen this mentioned, at least from OP.

Which rom you're using?Do you have any 3G reboots?If you don't have any then don't ask for unlock code because you don't need it..And yes mate this is like (3G reboots) NO.1 bug that stopping a lot of us of using better roms such as CM's..

Well not anymore in my case since unlock code from Huawei fixed that...:D

Guest predragiPredrag

Guys I will definatly try one of the custom roms after I unlock bootloader. But I have one question.

Do I need to root phone before unlocking bootloader, or I can root it after bootloader unlocking??

Guest j4r0l
And yes mate this is like (3G reboots) NO.1 bug that stopping a lot of us of using better roms such as CM's..

Well,can sb explain me,how could just slower net connection stop me from using cm,since with 2g only,there are no reboots(confirmed) and lesser battery drain(i cant compare,but it should be truth)?what are the needs for 3g?2sec faster loading web page?faster download speeds?ppl cmon ;) i believe that exchanging some net speed for cm is good deal,isnt it?i find this much better solution than hassling with bootloaders,basebands and all other more or less working options presented here on modaco,until dazzozo finds a way to unlock it "officially"..i believe he will manage it,somehow with his dark magic skills,they are awesome ;)

Guest denzele

Well,can sb explain me,how could just slower net connection stop me from using cm,since with 2g only,there are no reboots(confirmed) and lesser battery drain(i cant compare,but it should be truth)?what are the needs for 3g?2sec faster loading web page?faster download speeds?ppl cmon ;) i believe that exchanging some net speed for cm is good deal,isnt it?i find this much better solution than hassling with bootloaders,basebands and all other more or less working options presented here on modaco,until dazzozo finds a way to unlock it "officially"..i believe he will manage it,somehow with his dark magic skills,they are awesome ;)

It's not just about net connection mate in my case ..Reason for 3G is better coverage as well which is my goal..2G is fine but sometimes it would loose signal due to poor connection ..with 3G there's no such issues ..I'm not sure it's just "2 sec" faster speed between 2G and 3G over here ..much better respond on 3G..

same here.

Something's up with Huawei again I guess since they sending this responds...

Guest joandrade

I dont know if it has been covered already but isn't it possible to backup an unlocked bootloader so that others can install it?

No, because the bootloader's the same. There's just something very early in the boot process that allows it to run unsigned code, officially. We have virtually no hope of getting that "something" out for general use.

Guest deniserxc

Any help? I can't unlock the bootloader. It says: invalid key when I send the "fastboot oem unlock 1234567812345678" commnad.

Apparently, it's a wrong code.

From what I've read, the code should have letters too, but mine doesn't. Oh well. I will send another mail to the Huawei.

Edited by deniserxc

Guest denzele
Any help? I can't unlock the bootloader. It says: invalid key when I send the "fastboot oem unlock 1234567812345678" commnad.

Apparently, it's a wrong code.

From what I've read, the code should have letters too, but mine doesn't. Oh well. I will send another mail to the Huawei.

I hope you're not putting 123456...that code...second thing if it's only numbers then it is Network code for sure...must have letters and numbers for bootloader code...any news from Huawei for those with latest "We'll get back to you from Huawei"...

I also got the answer: We has retailed your needs to our correlative department. And there will have expert to help you with your needs.

Hope it´s not "spam department" :D

Edit: Got the code, let´s see if it works...yes and after two days no reboots.

Edited by qayl

Guest smweb

Same here

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Huawei device.

We has retailed your needs to our correlative department.

And there will have expert to help you with your needs.

Once again thank you for contacting Huawei device.

Best Regards.

Huawei Device Customer Care Team.

The reply seems to have come out of Google / Baidu translation service

Edited by smweb

Guest denzele

Same here

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Huawei device.

We has retailed your needs to our correlative department.

And there will have expert to help you with your needs.

Once again thank you for contacting Huawei device.

Best Regards.

Huawei Device Customer Care Team.

The reply seems to have come out of Google / Baidu translation service

:D

Guest smweb

Got the unlock code today morning :D

Dear Customer,

Thank you for supporting Huawei device.

If your device has upgraded to Android 4.0 that your unlock code : XXXXXXXXX ,please keeping your unlock code properly. Thank you!

Huawei Terminal Company limited