Wifi issue on Acqua with Blade III ROMs

Guest KonstaT

Guest alfcup

no wifi disconnections?

No. It´s working fine with all routers.

@alfcup Maybe you have a faulty phone. I see no disconnections, It either connects or is not connecting at all.

What's your signal like? Did you check with wifi analyser or inssider? Maybe in your area you have interference.

I don't have any problem at all. Depending the distance i always have a strong signal.

Guest Di0g0

I installed the TMN B04 update and then I flashed the CWM, rooted, and installed this ROM... And yes, now it's working :o I don't know how the TMN B04 update fixed the issue on KonstaT ROM's but yeah, it's working!

Edited by Di0g0

Guest papars

I have 2 acqua. One about 6 months older than the other. The older phone, no matter what official version I install, with CM10.x WiFi does not work no matter what. It simply refuses to connect to any router. But this phone is my wife's and I didn't experiment much.

The newer phone started working on some WiFi routers after I installed the Slovak official update. I still believe there is a kernel problem. Wifi is sending corrupt packages.

I have also loaded several blade 3 partitions without any improvement.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Skinz1984

Papers, my phone behaves like yours. It will connect to some routers but not others, despite flashing many stock roms and the Slovak recovery partitions. I think I may just try the German rom, then Egyptian for one last try.

But full credit to KonstaT. Being able to use CM and CWM on these phones is awesome.

Edited by Skinz1984

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Papers, my phone behaves like yours. It will connect to some routers but not others, despite flashing many stock roms and the Slovak recovery partitions. I think I may just try the German rom, then Egyptian for one last try.

But full credit to KonstaT. Being able to use CM and CWM on these phones is awesome.

G'day! I take it that you already tried the NZ version too? I'm only asking because l don't have any problems connecting to any routers thus far. Not sure why, and its thoroughly confusing. But I'm still trying, just like you, just to see if they'll work at all. I'm having troubles getting downloads with reasonable integrity for a start, so I have to download via PC. Perhaps the baseband is part of the problem. BTW do you have a stock ROM available for your phone? I tried to search Zte and Telstra sites with no luck. A bit of a worry.

I tested 3 phones and all three refuse to connect to 2 different belkin rooters (and some others but I have only the belkin right now in front of me). There is no problem with the official ROM. With official ROM it connects to anything I tried.

Is not related to the partitions. I tested all I could find from ACQUA and BLADE III. Same result.

So I started logging the wifi traffic.

With CM10.x ROMs there is a problem. The phone is sending requests to connect but the router is not responding. I compared the packets from 2 routers - one fritz that it connects and one from belkin and they have different header. But I need somebody that knows 802.11 framing to understand what is wrong.

Here is when it tries to connect to the Belkin router.

It sends 10 association requests and the router is not responding.

post-996579-0-63854400-1378048516_thumb.

One the other hand when I try to connect to the fritz router is connects after one request.

post-996579-0-42904500-1378048555_thumb.

Go figure.

I might need to compare the frames between the official ROM and CM10.x but I do not have the knowledge neither to understand the problem nor to fix it.

Guest Skinz1984

@MJonModaco - the stock nz, Portuguese and Slovak roms work fine on Wifi, but as soon as I flash the CM rom, I can't connect at home. I have a nandroid backup of my testra rom, but you are right that there is no stock rom on the ZTE or testra sites.

@papars - interesting what you have found. Seems to match my experience. It's odd that it works with some routers and not others in cm10

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Let's link that fix gentlemen.

Can't believe it was as easy as that. But I also find it strange it didn't work earlier. It had passed my mind a month ago but I didn't think I could add it without having the ROM resigned (I added manually here with a zip program), thinking I'd get a status error if I tried installing it, so I never bothered.