Wifi issue on Acqua with Blade III ROMs

Guest KonstaT

Guest Di0g0

After installing the rom from Medion, and then again CM10.1 have the WIFI running at 50% ... loool

It takes a long time to connect, and the connection is always unstable and falling ... when it loses the connection, I have to disconnect and reconnect the WIFI to work again, after that works "normally" ...

Well it is always better than not having WiFi connections at all ...

And you installed the partitions?

Guest thmnss

Can i flash this ROMS with CMW??

You can not, for flashing the original ROM you must first install the corresponding recovery with the ROM you want to install ...

If you want to install the ROM from MEDION, the Germany one, you have to first install the recovery from MEDION ...

By the same procedure you used to install CWM.

inside the folder of the ROM is a PDF file with the steps to do for make the installation of the ROM "update" ...

Guest AgenteAlves

You can not, for flashing the original ROM you must first install the corresponding recovery with the ROM you want to install ...

If you want to install the ROM from MEDION, the Germany one, you have to first install the recovery from MEDION ...

By the same procedure you used to install CWM.

inside the folder of the ROM is a PDF file with the steps to do for make the installation of the ROM "update" ...

Guest Di0g0

Nop, i dont need to flash any partitions, because i flash the original zip from zte.

Try what papars said:

"Guys is easy.

Copy the zip files (do not extract) in the sd card.

Install CWM - check the relevant tread.

Then enter CWM and install the German or the Slovak partitions before you load CM10.x (using the option "install zip from sdcard")

It only takes 3 -4 seconds to install the partitions.

Reboot."

Maybe one slovak partition can fix the problem... Give it a try :P

Edited by Di0g0

Guest thmnss

Try what papars said:

"Guys is easy.

Copy the zip files (do not extract) in the sd card.

Install CWM - check the relevant tread.

Then enter CWM and install the German or the Slovak partitions before you load CM10.x (using the option "install zip from sdcard")

It only takes 3 -4 seconds to install the partitions.

Reboot."

Maybe one slovak partition can fix the problem... Give it a try :P

Maybe i will try the flash ROM from Slovakia, but not by that method, i dont like flash those partitions, I do not want to end up with a brick ... lool

Guest Di0g0

Maybe i will try the flash ROM from Slovakia, but not by that method, i dont like flash those partitions, I do not want to end up with a brick ... lool

But that appears to be the only working solution (or not)

Guest _InCoGnIt_

Well... i tried the Slovak one with and without partitions like papars said and no wifi for me, not even at 50% like thmnss .

After testing the Slovak rom i change my preference from the German one to this one because i notice an increase in wifi signal between this 2 rom. I´m stuck at stock rom but a good working one.

PS- I´m obliged to LOVE ICS till this phone died :P

Guest AgenteAlves

I install the german recovery and after the german rom. Now i can't instal CWM :( When installing i have no errors but when i go to recovery mode i still have de german one. Can someone help me?

Guest thmnss

I install the german recovery and after the german rom. Now i can't instal CWM :( When installing i have no errors but when i go to recovery mode i still have de german one. Can someone help me?

I'm exactly the same problem as you, I can not install any other recovery or cwm, tried quite a few times already and nothing .. I'm just stuck to the Medion recovery ... I do not know what to do in order to install cwm again ...

already got ... I installed the CM10.1 doing:

adb reboot bootloader

fastboot boot recovery-cwm6027-atlas40.img

Install the ROM CM10.1

Flash the recovery-clockwork-6.0.2.7-atlas40.zip

And it worked, not sure why but I have already CWM again :)

Try to this way...worck for me and for _InCoGnIt_

Guest AgenteAlves

Hi all :)

I stiil have no wi-fi :S

1 -flashed medion recovery

2 -flashed then the german ROM.

3 - installed CMW

4 - flash 10 ROM

5 - Flash the partitions.

Atfer that i still have no wi-fi :S

• 3 weeks later...
Guest toby0897

I have telecom NZ ROM and my WiFi is working, although apparently the baseband is made for this specific region so not sure what the repercussions will be if u flash it

• 1 month later...
Guest scotous

Just flashed the Konsta 4.1.2 version of blade iii in my ZTE Acqua Greek Wind Version and everything works great!

Cheers!

Edited by scotous

Guest scotous

Hi again, I dont know whether I should open a new topic but I have minor issues in my Greek Wind Zte Acqua with Konsta 4.1.2 Rom.

The brightness levels do not work and remain very dark (if i set the autobacklight sensor levels to anything else the brightness level works great but if the device locks it doesnt come bright again. I have to load default for them work)

And The speaker does not work in the normal mobile version.They work in Skype and Viber however.

The wifi sleep does not work aslo as well. It sleeps after 15 minutes no matter what settings i give

Edited by scotous

• 4 weeks later...
Guest and84

Hey, I have a friend with the portuguese TMN a15 and I've installed CWM but after flashing Konstat's ROM there is no wi-fi (I've reverted to the original ROM).

I've tried flashing the partitions papars made avaliable but still there's no wifi connection. Is there anything else that can be done? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest papars

I have installed CM10 (14 May version) and I came across I very odd wifi situation.

The phone connects without any problem in my asus router and to a belkin router but refuses to connect to a fritz! router and most others I tried.

It doesn't matter what encryption is used in routers. Even in open access points it refuses to connect.

Unfortunately that means, despite the efforts, is not possible to use Blade3 CM10 roms in Acqua if wifi is needed.

UPDATE:

I've installed atlas40_PAC_JB_4.1.2-v19.3.0.zip from the Blade III forum and wifi seems to be working great. BT works without problem.

I have to remind people reading this, that I have installed either the Slovak or Medion system partitions to get my WIND (Greece) to operate wifi with Blade3 images.

Also I notice that "ro.product.name" value in build.prop affects the wifi behavior. It might sound strange but I wanted to change the value from "atlas40" to something else and it killed wifi. Setting back to "atlas40" brought back wifi operation.

Just to complete the transition story -from stock to 4.1.2- I must say that restoring applications + data was a bit of a pain.

Edited by papars

Guest epyloxias

I have installed CM10 (14 May version) and I came across I very odd wifi situation.

The phone connects without any problem in my asus router and to a belkin router but refuses to connect to a fritz! router and most others I tried.

It doesn't matter what encryption is used in routers. Even in open access points it refuses to connect.

Unfortunately that means, despite the efforts, is not possible to use Blade3 CM10 roms in Acqua if wifi is needed.

UPDATE:

I've installed atlas40_PAC_JB_4.1.2-v19.3.0.zip from the Blade III forum and wifi seems to be working great. BT works without problem.

I have to remind people reading this, that I have installed either the Slovak or Medion system partitions to get my WIND (Greece) to operate wifi with Blade3 images.

Also I notice that "ro.product.name" value in build.prop affects the wifi behavior. It might sound strange but I wanted to change the value from "atlas40" to something else and it killed wifi. Setting back to "atlas40" brought back wifi operation.

Just to complete the transition story -from stock to 4.1.2- I must say that restoring applications + data was a bit of a pain.

So do I have to install Slovack Rom first and then the Slovack Recovery or backwards?

And after that I install Konstats CWM and then the atlas40_PAC_JB_4.1.2-v19.3.0.zip?(please give me the link)

A step by step guide would be usefull mate!

Πaτριδa, κaνε ενaν κοπο κaι γρaψε ενaν οδηγο γιaτι εχω χaσει τον μπουσουλa εδω μεσa... Εχω ηδη ρουτaρει κaι εγκaτaστησει του Konstat το CWM.

Edited by epyloxias

Guest papars

The procedure is really simple if you have CWM installed already.

Copy the required files in the root of your SD card before you begin. Remove SIM card from the phone.

0. Backup! Backup! Backup! From Titanium and from CWM. Titanium backup can be used to migrate your applications to the new ROM. CWM (nandroid) backup will revert your phone back to the previous state if something is not right with the new ROM.

1. Update CWM from here:

Go to CWM and flash the newer zip if you have an older version.

2. From CWM perform wipe / factory reset / format Dalvic.

3. From CWM install this:

or this:

Do not install gapps. Reboot and let the ROM work for, say, 5 minutes.

4. Check to see if wifi is working. If is not working, then you MIGHT get it to work, by loading either the German or Slovak partitions found here

Again this is done from CWM.

Flash first the German. Boot the phone and check wifi. If is not working repeat with the Slovak. If still not working then only solution is to restore your old rom from the backup. I have no further ideas.

5. If wifi is working with new rom, then go to CWM and install gapps. Boot the phone and wait few minutes. Go to the system settings and disable mobile data, then shutdown and insert your SIM card.

Have fun.

Guest epyloxias

The procedure is really simple if you have CWM installed already.

Copy the required files in the root of your SD card before you begin. Remove SIM card from the phone.

0. Backup! Backup! Backup! From Titanium and from CWM. Titanium backup can be used to migrate your applications to the new ROM. CWM (nandroid) backup will revert your phone back to the previous state if something is not right with the new ROM.

1. Update CWM from here: http://www.modaco.co...-zte-blade-iii/

Go to CWM and flash the newer zip if you have an older version.

2. From CWM perform wipe / factory reset / format Dalvic.

3. From CWM install this: http://www.modaco.co...or-zte-blade-3/

or this: http://www.modaco.co...10-android-412/

Do not install gapps. Reboot and let the ROM work for, say, 5 minutes.

4. Check to see if wifi is working. If is not working, then you MIGHT get it to work, by loading either the German or Slovak partitions found here

http://www.modaco.co...s/#entry2098140

Again this is done from CWM.

Flash first the German. Boot the phone and check wifi. If is not working repeat with the Slovak. If still not working then only solution is to restore your old rom from the backup. I have no further ideas.

5. If wifi is working with new rom, then go to CWM and install gapps. Boot the phone and wait few minutes. Go to the system settings and disable mobile data, then shutdown and insert your SIM card.

Have fun.

So, first I install the CM10 and if wifi not working, then the German or Slovak PARTITIONS (not roms). Am I right?

Thanks in advance mate!

Guest scotous

Guys I am following your steps but I have 2 issues on my ZTE Acqua Wind Greek Version. My wifi sleeps constantly when on standby although i have selected Never to sleep.

Also the brightness level is very bad as well.

Do you also have the same issues with blade iii konsta version 4.1.2 on ZTE Acqua Greek WInd version?