Updating stock 935 to 952? How?

Guest penthaler

Guest penthaler

Hi,

I have G300 with baseband 2030, version of android 4.0.3, still on stock ROM build 935, kernel 308 (modded with http://www.modaco.co...dated-07022013/). ROOT and BL unlocked, CWM about v4.x (not sure what version).

Wanna stick with STOCK ROMs, but there is no update for my device (online, via PC prog, - nothing).

From official HUAWEI site downloaded stock ROM build 952, but cant update it in "normal" way and am little afraid of "forced" update.

Few more questions:

- If the force update will be succesful, must be rooted again? (and flashing cwm and that kernel too?)

- If it fail - is possible to flash my cwm backup back or my phone bricks?

EDIT: Is this only way to do that? ->

Edited by penthaler

Guest dalyer

Do you get the c. 30% pink progress bar problem when you try to flash it?

If so the the IMEI hack approach may be the only way.

I think you need to reroot (and unlock bootloader, and install CWM and install custom kernel etc.) afterwards.

Guest penthaler

Right, the pink bar stops there. And when I checked dload folder, there was some file with errors listed inside.

Thanks for reply, will try it (and hope to not brick my phone ;) ) Will report my progress later.

EDIT: It worked. Now I have latest B952, and it is running very smooth. But missing some features from B935 ;) Looks like this B952 is "clear android" without any modification. (missing power toggles in status bar, some apps, but there is RESTART option in POWER MENU, which in B935 dissappeared after unlocking BL)

Edited by penthaler