Extended capacity battery for SF2, P736

Guest ChucQy

Guest ChucQy

Hi guys, i finally found extended battery for our beloved phone. Its 2250mAh for 11$, free shipping worldwide. Just ordered one and luckily, I´ll see some battery life improvment. You can check it out here

If someone will find another one with even larger capacity please let me know:)

Guest OuahOuah

Wow, do you mean it lasts longer than original one ?

I got a Blade S (SF2/Crescent) and I think it does not last long :/

How many hours do you win with this ?

Guest bleebloop

How long does your regular battery last?

I'm running Dazzozo's CM7, and take a couple of simple steps to conserve battery - such as only turning on 3G if I'm going to use the internet, and I get a couple of days with moderate use.

edit: here's a screenshot. Been on battery for 17 hours, most of that with the wifi turned on and it's at 68%.

Edited by bleebloop

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ChucQy

still waiting for delivery...it allready arrived in my city according to online tracking though, so in day or two i will post report:)

Edited by ChucQy

Guest ChucQy

well finally i got it tested. I did set full brightness, cpu governor performance, 960mhz,wi-fi on and went on youtube, played a video and unpluged the charger. UNFORTUNATELY, that new battery last only for 2h37m,while the stock one last for 2h59m. So thats it, that battery definitely isn´t 2150mAh.

Guest Test007

That's only 250mah more than the standard one. Not much point unless your existing one is broken.

Yes, you're right, but I think that if it is true 1500mAh then everybody want have more (even few minutes) battery life. Sometimes few minutes can save your life ;-)

Guest momist

So thats it, that battery definitely isn´t 2150mAh.

So sorry you have been disappointed, as are probably many others here. Thanks for the report though - very useful to let the community know. I found a spare original on ebay, so I can carry a spare when I need more battery life. You can at least keep it for that purpose.

Guest dodgetimmy

I'm pretty sure when you test a new battery, you need to charge it to 100 percent and wipe the battery stats and boot again. Otherwise android just uses the battery estimates from the previous battery to calculate the percentage.

Guest dodgetimmy

You'll need to charge to 100 percent and reset androids battery stats to be certain I think.

Over time these stats are used to better predict your battery % so it could well be the case your phone is shutting down still at the same point as your old battery (thinking is at 0% when it's not.

Even when you install a new Rom they say you should do this, so I guess it may be worth a try?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nema.batterycalibration

• 1 month later...
Guest zorbon

Battery with 2150mAh is sold out. There is new, still on LocalVogue, one with 2000mAh.

http://www.localvogue.com/compatible-cellphone-business-battery-2000mah-for-zte-p736-p10005215

I bought previous battery and was it better than with default battery. On default battery I can play Ingress max 1:10~1:20. When extended battery was new, so I can play 2:15~2:45. But battery was soon as default and shutdown phone at 20% (if I play Ingress). Ingress very drain battery, after 2 months I must buy new battery, maybe 3. :-)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fuzzra

Whoops, I've not been on here in an age...

On a number of occasions I've found myself with terrible battery life. It turns out that occasionally it'll get stuck only charging to 3.7V while the device is switched on. If you're having trouble, try charging the phone powered off - it should manage to charge to the proper 4.2V in that state and start to behave again without having to mess with battery stats.