[POLL] the best 2.3.x rom for zte blade

Guest d_borghi

Guest d_borghi

hi all,

by now all talks about 4.x.x rom, but for me these roms are all not stable 100% and all not affible 100%.

Then i would like to know from all of you, which 2.3.x rom is the best.

Now i know:

t0mm1b rom

lewa

lezo

mokee

micro7

ecocm7

cyanogenmod 7.x (ultimate would be 7.2, if i'm not in wrong)

swedish snow (but is 2.3.5).

Are there any other rom?

tnx

bye

db

Guest killer99

you did forget joyos.

lezo and micro7 for ram

mokee is very smooth

cm7 and other cmx and makeovers, good 3d speed

micro7 for most space left for apps

Guest thanos3xd

What?? 4.x.x roms not stable???? maybe only 4.2.2 all the above are faster and smoother than gb and of course are stable for every day use!!

Guest Sulthekk

As for gingerbread roms, I found cm7 to perform the best.

Lewa rom is a spyware, better forget about using it asap.

In my opinion, CM10 is more than ready for daily use as well.

Guest d_borghi

What?? 4.x.x roms not stable???? maybe only 4.2.2 all the above are faster and smoother than gb and of course are stable for every day use!!

As for gingerbread roms, I found cm7 to perform the best.

Lewa rom is a spyware, better forget about using it asap.

In my opinion, CM10 is more than ready for daily use as well.

mmhh,

maybe is it possible that my idea depends by my 256mb ram chinese blade???

Guest Sulthekk

mmhh,

maybe is it possible that my idea depends by my 256mb ram chinese blade???

Quite possible, even with a swap partition, a chinese blade can't get on par with an european blade above 2.3.7, even if it runs stable, swap will always be slower than RAM, and since swapping always tires the same area on the sdcard, it will kill that partition quite fast, which means you won't be able to swap there, have to repartition again, and the story continues until the sdcard becomes unusable... For a chinese blade, I'd say to go with CM7, maybe with ZRAM enabled.

Guest d_borghi

Quite possible, even with a swap partition, a chinese blade can't get on par with an european blade above 2.3.7, even if it runs stable, swap will always be slower than RAM, and since swapping always tires the same area on the sdcard, it will kill that partition quite fast, which means you won't be able to swap there, have to repartition again, and the story continues until the sdcard becomes unusable... For a chinese blade, I'd say to go with CM7, maybe with ZRAM enabled.

what is zram?

i googled but i didnt find nothing about it that i can understand...

Guest Sulthekk

what is zram?

i googled but i didnt find nothing about it that i can understand...

Imagine that part of the RAM isn't used as RAM, but used as compressed swap. It has an effect on cpu usage, but it makes you able to use more memory demanding stuff without tiring your sdcard with a swap partition. I mentioned it because I guess you previously used a swap partition on your sdcard, which will never be on par with physical ram, but if I think of the cpu usage penalty of zram, it may be on par with a swap partition, but doesn't kill your sdcard.