[MOD] FIX THE CALLER ID LAG [updated]

Guest tillaz

Guest tillaz

so, cjcandrei posted on the infusion thread a couple of weeks back that he had found a solution for the caller ID lag, here

after waiting a few weeks i noticed no one had left any feedback as to if it had actually worked... no mention of it at all ??? :huh:

so i decided to make a flashable.zip of the changes for people to test and see what the results are :)

all credit to cjcandrei

can be used on any custom ROM based on stock ICS, or pure stock

Flash vi recovery NO WIPE...

New-Caller-ID-Fix.zip

Guest bladebuddy

The fix messes around with internal storage, and you're not sure what is the default storage , after you're apps have upgraded and after the reboot , it says internal is default , but it doesn't seem to be the case . Saying that I have tried calling my phone from 3 different phones and all of then seem to be showing photo's and the number fine regarding caller ID lag.

Early days will report back after a few more days testing.

looks good though .J

Guest tillaz

to be honest, i don't think the build.prop changes are actually needed as to lock contacts in memory the code is added to services.jar under

com\android\server\am\ActivityManagerService.smali

the build.prop stuff is just for the launcher tweaks and memory manager stuff

Guest dalyer

so, cjcandrei posted on the infusion thread a couple of weeks back that he had found a solution for the caller ID lag, here

Just to clarify I presume that you're referring to cjcandrei's mods (including one claimed to fix caller if lag by locking the contacts in memory) in the posts linked from my post here?

Guest tillaz

Trying to explain more usually the default storage is show under the marker . Not like this.

that's actually normal, as in the infusion build.prop i have it set up so it shows the internal storage that is used for apk,

under that option (internal storage) is your default external storage

android has an internal storage witch is only used for storing the apk package of apps,

once this is full you can not install any more apps regardless of your SDcard size... SDcard can only store app data but not the full apk

so its handy to keep track of the real internal storage that is used for apps.

Guest tillaz

Just to clarify I presume that you're referring to cjcandrei's mods (including one claimed to fix caller if lag by locking the contacts in memory) in the posts linked from my post here?

http://www.modaco.co...80#entry2100575

yes, what he posted in my infusion thread, link is in the OP, (its not a mod but a repack of infusion with the changes)

i have taken just the part for locking contacts in memory and made it flashable to test on other ROMs

if it works i can write a guide on how to modify services.jar to do this manually, without the other stuff that is included by the auto patcher he used

Guest bladebuddy

that's actually normal, as in the infusion build.prop i have it set up so it shows the internal storage that is used for apk,

under that option (internal storage) is your default external storage

android has an internal storage witch is only used for storing the apk package of apps,

once this is full you can not install any more apps regardless of your SDcard size

so its handy to keep track of the real internal storage that is used for apps.

Sorry just looks a little strange to me. I read the fix was based on your rom but didn't realize this would happen. I really do need to read more instead of glancing. Its getting bad. J

Guest dmalaquias

Tillaz, this is only the service.jar modded?

I saw in xda how to lock in memory the contacts app in service.jar, this is the mod right?

Guest tillaz

Tillaz, this is only the service.jar modded?

I saw in xda how to lock in memory the contacts app in service.jar, this is the mod right?

yes,

Guest cjcandrei

Hi,

I think I might have an updated fix for the caller id lag. First one gave me fcs on contacts after a long time in memory (a couple of hours) and when I wanted to make a call by entering digits... Still testing but the new one seems to be good after 20h. I'll post it tomorrow if everything is ok by then...

Guest cjcandrei

Yeah,

It's the same with the other fix. Locking contacts into memory locks the android.process.core as well and it seems this process does not want to stay long locked... I'll see if I can find something else...

Guest dmalaquias

Hi,

I think I might have an updated fix for the caller id lag. First one gave me fcs on contacts after a long time in memory (a couple of hours) and when I wanted to make a call by entering digits... Still testing but the new one seems to be good after 20h. I'll post it tomorrow if everything is ok by then...

I have it locked like about 2 days and no FC's for me :)

I'm using stock+

Guest NeburG300

I have it locked like about 2 days and no FC's for me :)

I'm using stock+

+1 No caller id lag´s at all!!!

Three days and counting... :D

Guest cjcandrei

It is fcs for me when I try to dial pressing digits in the phone app. Ex: after one day open phone app and start pressing 01 blabla erase it the again... It starts lagging and after fc. Restarting contacts solves it though... Glad it works for you...