Downgrade & upgrade from recovery

Guest jsevi83

Guest Buffalo Soldier

Tried that, data connection is not working as it should, the only way, if you want to use ICS, is to leave the original bootloader.

I've tried everything else, and we definitely have to wait for Huawei to offer bootloader unlock, if you need 3G, and I need it, very much.

Guest save me

Hi I've just tried the downgrade method and now my phone is stuck on the huawei logo and won't start up I was on lightening rom hope someone can help

Guest jsevi83

Hi I've just tried the downgrade method and now my phone is stuck on the huawei logo and won't start up I was on lightening rom hope someone can help

If you want to use ICS roms in GB baseband, you have to use this:

Guest jsevi83

One question - why don't clockworkmod 6?

Because cwm5 works in both basebands, it has no bugs and I wanted to use the same recovery in both zips. You can easily chage it anyway. :P

Guest lejkabasz

I Installed Slim ROM on GB baseband but HSDPA not working correctly. It works, but like this /\/\/\/\. Download the data and stop and again and again.

I tried different hsdpa drivers and used some 3g/H tricks in build.prop but nothing changed.

Any clues? Thx in advance.

Guest jsevi83

I Installed Slim ROM on GB baseband but HSDPA not working correctly. It works, but like this /\/\/\/\. Download the data and stop and again and again.

I tried different hsdpa drivers and used some 3g/H tricks in build.prop but nothing changed.

Any clues? Thx in advance.

There is an issue using ics roms in gb baseband for operators that use two different networks for 3G. We still didn't find a solution. Look here:

Guest jsevi83

Jsevi, there`s also a problem with GB roms on 2030 baseband. I had no network signal occasionaly on 3 GB roms I tried. :(

I guess that is more related to the thread:

This thread is not so much related to rom issues, it deals with bootloader, baseband and recovery.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Wellus

Hello, so i know that i can restore everything with these backups, i did backup of my gb 2.3.6 b885 baseband 109808 with cwm4, if i use your ICS zip i will get baseband 2030 and cwm5 and ofc i have to put into my sd card any custom mod i want to get my phone working. The question is, if i use my backup i will get same baseband, stock rom with apps and cwm when i did my backup?

It is my first android, so sorry if i look stupid, but i just don't want to make any mistake that would lead in bricking or similar stuff

btw where do i put that file and which option i should use apply update from sd or install zip from sd card(probably this one)

Edited by Wellus

Guest Fenomenorx

See if you understand my point.

When trying to install a new rom, the phone does not pass the huawei logo, have to pull the battery, enter in recovery mode (cwm) and do a restore and he restarts again.

Right now I have the stock rom + (B960). To install the stock firmware of huawei, i have to change imei, and I'm afraid to brick the phone.

If I install this zip to DOWNGRADE TO GB, then I can install a GB rom by the dload method without any imei problems?

What was the rom that I could install?

Then i could upgrade again to ICS?

I'm doing all the steps correctly?

thank you

• 2 months later...
Guest dalyer

Do I need, after downgrade to GB, than upgrade to ICS, to unlock bootloader which is unlocked officialy now?

My bootloader is officialy unlocked, please read my question again than anwser... :)

Sorry - I misread you earlier post but having read it again I don't really understand the question.

If you are on ICS and the bootloader is officially unlocked then what's the issue?

Edited by dalyer

Guest Pyntux

Do I need to unlock bootloader again if I downgrade with "downgrade.zip" + install GB rom, than upgrade with "upgrade.zip" + install ICS rom?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dalyer

after download to gb, bootloader is locked and baseband is 109808?

As the first post says:

DOWNGRADE TO GB: http://www.solidfile...m/d/e208f49ff9/

This will install GB baseband (B895), GB bootloader and CWM5 recovery. It doesn't include a rom.

The baseband is 109808.

The original GB bootloader is not locked in the first place.

Guest popadicsm

As the first post says:

The baseband is 109808.

The original GB bootloader is not locked in the first place.

i want to downgrade from ics to gb, and then unlock bootloader officialy. how to do that? do i need to use method from first post or some other method.

Guest dalyer

The ICS to GB downgrade image in the original post installs the original GB bootloader which is inherently unlocked so you don't need to do anything more.

Official unlocking is only for the iCS bootloader so keep your unlock code until such time as you go back to ICS (including original bootloader) and need to unlock.

Hope this helps.