[ICS][4.0.4] Baidu Cloud ROM beta V49 English (2014-06-06)

Guest pOcHa

Guest pOcHa

well what do you know, beta v26 for our phone came out simultaneously with others today - and my dl speed from china is great this time around...

bruno, could you possibly make a new thread for your repack, or maybe use this one as it is more relevant:

just so as not to confuse people anymore

Guest pOcHa

well, my is as close to the original baidu as possible, while bruno's is more customized (and based on stable v23) - so whichever you prefer... the new beta v26 will be uploaded tonight

well, my is as close to the original baidu as possible, while bruno's is more customized (and based on stable v23) - so whichever you prefer... the new beta v26 will be uploaded tonight

Using your v25 right now and its great, bruno's looks too dark for me much like CM but that look is a bit old hat and this is more fresh. I have used bruno's v4 overclock kernel and its working well on this rom, everything works as it should as far as i'm concerned the only app that does not load quickly is fast burst camera but the mui camera is really quick.As it stands this is the best out there, it has good battery life is responsive and everything appears to be working. Antuntu bench gives 4000 which is respectable and i also like the fact there are themes that can be installed much like CM but nicer.

Great job on this just one question, i see there are a few V6 scripts in there what and how do they do?

Guest pOcHa

yes, I too find bruno's black theme very unappealing, especially for toggle buttons - but you can confirm that even bluetooth is working with his custom kernel?

V6 would need a topic of it's own - and it already got one by its author on xda-developers

beta v26 added to the first post...

Guest dakok

Quote:

- finally fixed network location (thanks to bruno), and removed chinese cities for numbers without a country code (thanks to narkoman88)

Wow, this IS something nice!!!

Quote:

Instructions:

- Wipe.....

I don`t see here: reboot recovery

???

Guest pOcHa

yes, the network location fix was actually located in resource file used mainly just for translation, of all the places - wouldn't have thought to look for it there at all if it wasn't for bruno

and narkoman88 found the sql lite database files that held the chinese cities - he edited them to keep just the countries, but i simply deleted all as the white space between the numbers actually makes them more readable

what about "reboot recovery", it doesn't say that anywhere in my guide (did you maybe remove install-recovery.sh file from the zip - if so, then don't, as it just runs init.d on every boot, which in turn calls the v6ss, kak, vsync and other scripts...)

Guest dakok

what about "reboot recovery", it doesn't say that anywhere in my guide

No - I`m just used to do that when flashing roms, and seen that as a recommended practice in many other flashing guides.

Guest pOcHa

it's those chinese cities databases, i did an ota update for myself so they were present from before - but for a new install they seem to be needed once initially... sorry, will upload them in a couple of minutes (without chinese cities)...

Guest pOcHa

ok, the fix is uploaded (under the same link as rom) - just flash it right after the rom for the new install

EDIT:

if you already have the rom installed - first flash the fix, and then just clear the data for the "Phone" app (manage apps), that's it...

Edited by pOcHa

Guest Tl2IGGER

ok, the fix is uploaded (under the same link as rom) - just flash it right after the rom for the new install

if you already have the rom installed - try to flash just the fix (but those files seem to be read only once, initially at the first boot - so please report back for others to know if they need a fresh install or not)

for the dialer i installed an app from the market called dialer one and im using that for now works fine seems to be a problem with the dialer app

Guest pOcHa

if you already have the rom installed - first flash the fix, and then just clear the data for the "Phone" app (manage apps), that's it...

EDIT:

so you don't even need to clear the phone app data? it only resets the dialer settings (press menu button when you open it to set them back)

Edited by pOcHa

Guest dakok

Just flashed it and I am very impressed. This is one of few roms for g300 that

should be flashed by every user just to forget to even think of getting back to GB roms.

Bravo pOcHa (and Baidu team, of course)!!!

and Bravo Bruno for (at least) OC kernel which works fine on this release, too. (btw, pOcHa, you could add it as an addon :)

New lockscreen stuff, transparent status bar, faster and smoother than rom22 (I didn`t test 23, 24 & 25 releases)

Now, for problems:

not real ones, just crashing of Play which was solved with flashing ICS gapps and a one more reboot afterwards.

(both times saying NO, in CWM)

P.S.

4361 & 4335 in antutu,

aeroplane mode with 1192MHz, smartass2/noop

Edited by dakok

Guest y4ss1n

Just flashed it and I am very impressed. This is one of few roms for g300 that

should be flashed by every user just to forget to even think of getting back to GB roms.

Bravo pOcHa (and Baidu team, of course)!!!

and Bravo Bruno for (at least) OC kernel which works fine on this release, too. (btw, pOcHa, you could add it as an addon :)

New lockscreen stuff, transparent status bar, faster and smoother than rom22 (I didn`t test 23, 24 & 25 releases)

Now, for problems:

not real ones, just crashing of Play which was solved with flashing ICS gapps and a one more reboot afterwards.

(both times saying NO, in CWM)

P.S.

4361 & 4335 in antutu,

aeroplane mode with 1119MHz, smartass2/noop

well i hope that they fix this apn problem (which i and few others have) one day... i really wanna use this rom too, lol

this is litteraly the only rom where i have apn problem, ive tried almost every rom in this forum and all of them work fine & autodetect my apn

is there anyway to contact baidu developers? maybe i can tell them about it so it might get fixed

Edited by y4ss1n

dakok

I agree on all counts i'm sorely tempted to upgrade to v26 now, what would your antuntu score be without aeroplane mode?

And do you have the new play store now? I had it on cm10.1 but not on this rom for some strange reason?

@y4ss1n

Manually input your apn settings, i have to being on Ovivo mobile

Edited by sedj

Guest dakok

@y4ss1n:

you may try to contact Hay on Baidu and Anzhi forum, he leads a team of Baidu devs / testers

Gather some knowledge in advance - check "funny sim" facts and check types of sim cards which are in use

(some of them has a special area for holding extra data)

@sedj:

I allways test it in aeroplane mode since active wifi and data have influence on testing.

New Play - what is it good for? More apps? Better apps? :)

Guest y4ss1n

dakok

I agree on all counts i'm sorely tempted to upgrade to v26 now, what would your antuntu score be without aeroplane mode?

And do you have the new play store now? I had it on cm10.1 but not on this rom for some strange reason?

@y4ss1n

Manually input your apn settings, i have to being on Ovivo mobile

doesnt work.. when i input all my apn settings, then i click "save" it doesnt save.. apn list stays blank

i also tried these "funny sim fixes" on xda but they dont work

(my simcard is new btw; bought it in january 2013)