[ICS][4.0.4] Baidu Cloud ROM beta V49 English (2014-06-06)

Guest pOcHa

well, the only thing that makes those roms better than stock is really just the custom kernel...

Yes, because the tweaks and adjustments we make to the roms make no difference at all. It's purely the kernel. :rolleyes:

Flash the 960 repack and just the #19 kernel and tell me if it is exactly the same as Stock+...

Guest pOcHa

well, the stock with just the custom kernel runs almost as well as with all "yours" (i really hope you are not trying to own some of the xda-developers work on the mods you just added?) tweaks and adjustment - but tell you what, make your version without the custom kernel, and we'll see how they really compare... or better yet, make a baidu version with them, either way, i don't care (and no, that's not a reverse psychology to make you really do it, honest ;-p)

anyway, i'm just saying that baidu allready has all the "tweaks" and "adjustment" it needs, and the custom kernel is the only feature that it still lacks... of course, if you prove me wrong i'll gladly eat my own words (no reverse psychology here either, no siree)

Edited by pOcHa

Guest TangerineTractor

are you using the latest Ouch v1.3 version? if so - then great!

could you possibly be bothered try me infiltrator with it, as that is the only game on baidu that lagged when there are many enemies at once (test it with the first firefight on the second level) - although shadowgun and deadspace both run great

Worked without Ouch kernel, flashed ouch and its faster, data and wifi working, but some strange lags. Also, initially could see the sd card, but after a restart I couldn't. Just a little too ropey for me, recovering back to Stock+ now. Shame, because I like the dark-on-light background, I find it much more readable. I'm not going to try your game - I wouldn't have a clue where to start, never mind if it was laggy or not!

Edited by TangerineTractor

Guest pOcHa

oh well, thanks anyway... its just that games are a much better benchmark of how a rom really performs, than some synthetic tests like antutu, that do not represent any real usage scenario

Guest smweb

But all that aside, how does it behave, cause I'm seriously thinking of flashing this one, and want to know, comparing this one and the version that dakok first put (I think that it was the v20?!?!) how it behaves...

This ROM is a bit slow for me compared to v20. However, I like the overall polishing of this one. No problem so far except the Wi-fi didn't work once, when I connected to a Wi-fi hotspot from the 2G connection. A simple restart solved the problem. And I really liked the stock contact / dialer app revamp. Hoping to keep this for a few days.

This ROM is a bit slow for me compared to v20. However, I like the overall polishing of this one. No problem so far except the Wi-fi didn't work once, when I connected to a Wi-fi hotspot from the 2G connection. A simple restart solved the problem. And I really liked the stock contact / dialer app revamp. Hoping to keep this for a few days.

i agree the v20 was great , this one seems to have gone back a step, also the notification toggles was better on old one, i could not restore my apps+data on this and also found the keyboard had a lag when typing, this has a great potential be great but at the moment it doesn't beat any of the stock roms. someone needs to do the magic with it and mix a bit of stock+ into it ;)

No (sometimes minor) Keyboard lag with Swype with me

its okay on normal sms but when used on the net it is worse, could just be the stock keyboard.

Guest Northstandhero

Loving the contacts app and the message app esp with the message widget, a very nice polished ROM thanks for posting,Thanks for the Touchpal too, I've always used Swiftkey before .

Guest TangerineTractor

Tried a reflash twice, but bith times it fails to make my SD card available, despite scanning it for errors at startup.

Guest oldblader

does anybody know how to get navigon sat nav working on this rom,google maps work fine,have never maqnaged to get it working with any Baidu rom.Thanks in advance

Guest TangerineTractor

OK, tried again. Everything works, but there is no option to set default storage - while you can access the SD card, you can't set it as default. I got all my settings imported by copying the relevant files to internal storage first.

So it seems fast and fairly smooth, and I do like the dark on light interface... but I'm just somehow not convinced about it. It just doesn't feel as smooth as say stockplus or slim.

Having said that, BBC iPlayer works n this ROM, and it doesn't in StockPlus or Slim, so there's definitely something different going on here...

I'm going to try it with Ouch kernel now...

Edited by TangerineTractor

OK, tried again. Everything works, but there is no option to set default storage - while you can access the SD card, you can't set it as default. I got all my settings imported by copying the relevant files to internal storage first.

So it seems fast and fairly smooth, and I do like the dark on light interface... but I'm just somehow not convinced about it. It just doesn't feel as smooth as say stockplus or slim.

Having said that, BBC iPlayer works n this ROM, and it doesn't in StockPlus or Slim, so there's definitely something different going on here...

I also liked the fresh new approach to UI, i really like interface, My big issue was i couldn't get apps+data to restore and found the keyboard to be laggy, some of features are very nice and the battery sopposievly very good. it's got potential but need some tweaking to get perfect for everyday use.

Guest TangerineTractor

I also liked the fresh new approach to UI, i really like interface, My big issue was i couldn't get apps+data to restore and found the keyboard to be laggy, some of features are very nice and the battery sopposievly very good. it's got potential but need some tweaking to get perfect for everyday use.

The apps and data restore problem is because there's no way to set default storage to the sd card. If you use file manager to copy your backups/app settings to the internal storage, you can restore from there.

The apps and data restore problem is because there's no way to set default storage to the sd card. If you use file manager to copy your backups/app settings to the internal storage, you can restore from there.

Be honest i really liked v20, as that seemed a lot better, i got almost 3days on full charge with moderate use. it had better power toggles and didn't get and storage issue.

sticking to stock+ until something better comes along...

Edited by yaqh

Guest pOcHa

yes, on the official versions the external card was the default storage (but you couldn't change it even there), but i myself prefer the internal storage as it is not wasted

and yes, everything just simply works here - the launcher is maybe not as smooth as on other roms (not lagging, mind you), but all other apps perform better, and that is the only performance i care about, the launcher is just something you use to switch between them, and multitasking is way better also (heavy apps not closing the moment they hit the background)

you already said that Ouch caused you problems, why try it again?

baidu backup worked for me, which did you use? and if you are talking about touchpal, it lags everywhere, i just prefer it for its unique fetaures, try with any other

Guest pOcHa

Be honest i really liked v20, as that seemed a lot better, i got almost 3days on full charge with moderate use. it had better power toggles and didn't get and storage issue.

sticking to stock+ until something better comes along...

why didn't you stick to v20 then?

Update: Applying Ouch or Paul's Kernels stop the SD card from being seen at all...

kratos fixed most of the problems that people reported to him, why don't you send him a logcat, and maybe he'll sort it out...

Guest TangerineTractor

kratos fixed most of the problems that people reported to him, why don't you send him a logcat, and maybe he'll sort it out...

Because its a fundamental issue that stops me using the phone, it's a work phone and I can;t spend time with it totally non-useable, so have to resort to a backup of a working configuration. I don;t mind assisting with minor bugs, and I'll blast roms in the evening, but I can't run on a rom with a major problem.

yes, on the official versions the external card was the default storage (but you couldn't change it even there), but i myself prefer the internal storage as it is not wasted

and yes, everything just simply works here - the launcher is maybe not as smooth as on other roms (not lagging, mind you), but all other apps perform better, and that is the only performance i care about, the launcher is just something you use to switch between them, and multitasking is way better also (heavy apps not closing the moment they hit the background)

you already said that Ouch caused you problems, why try it again?

baidu backup worked for me, which did you use? and if you are talking about touchpal, it lags everywhere, i just prefer it for its unique fetaures, try with any other

I tried gobackup it didnt find any restore backups, the keayboard was from old verion i think it's called HWIME.apk i think its baduis standard keyboard, will allbackup work and what it keyboard used on stock+ because thats really fast.

Guest pOcHa

Because its a fundamental issue that stops me using the phone, it's a work phone and I can;t spend time with it totally non-useable, so have to resort to a backup of a working configuration. I don;t mind assisting with minor bugs, and I'll blast roms in the evening, but I can't run on a rom with a major problem.

just install the catlog app and save and send the logcat file before you reflash the rom, its 5 min tops...

I tried gobackup it didnt find any restore backups, the keayboard was from old verion i think it's called HWIME.apk i think its baduis standard keyboard, will allbackup work and what it keyboard used on stock+ because thats really fast.

huawei backup will not work, and as TangerineTractor told you - just copy the backup from external to internal card, keeping the same folder structure, and gobackup will then find it

why didn't you stick to v20 then?

the only reason i changed was because of keyboard lag and slight issue with contacts lag but otherwise great rom. if these issues where addressed i would happily go back but now using stock+ seem to be the best rom at the moment so not hesitant to change until something better comes along.