[ICS][4.0.4] Baidu Cloud ROM beta V49 English (2014-06-06)

Guest pOcHa

Guest sedj

I don't think battery life is a problem on this rom it does a day easy and 2 days at a stretch, easily comparable to slim or stock+. Just use it for a few days you may be hammering it more than usual being a new install? and the memory widget is really handy when things start to slow a little.

Guest pOcHa

the latest beta v29 added to the first post - enjoy it even before the chinese themselves 8-)

dakok, could you add it as well on anzhi? i just want to see their reactions ;-p

Edited by pOcHa

Guest smweb

Thanks pOcha for v29

Hehehe, I mean :D :D :D

Done:

http://bbs.anzhi.com/thread-7068680-1-1.html[/CODE]

[color=#444444][font=Tahoma, 'Microsoft Yahei', Simsun][background=rgb(201, 215, 241)]Sorry, the specified thread does not exist or has been deleted or are being audited[/background][/font][/color]

Guest pOcHa

thanks dakok, but they took down the thread - did they say why?

and can someone please confirm if my barebones google play store is working now? it always has for me - but if it's still force closing for you, can you provide a logcat...

Edited by pOcHa

Guest elvis56nl

thanks dakok, but they took down the thread - did they say why?

and can someone please confirm if my barebones google play store is working now? it always has for me - but if it's still force closing for you, can you provide a logcat...

No way to get the barebones store working here(see my previous post). Flashing gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip fixed the problem.

Guest pOcHa

whether Polish language ??

sorry, no - but there is a couple of versions older multilingual rom by bruno:

what's new on the beta v29?

you can check in the first post (features and changes links updated)

Guest Mireczech

Question was if Wifi tethering toggle exists in 29. Of course, throw the settings menu, we can find WLAN hotspot.

post-986645-0-79629300-1370793384_thumb.

Edited by Mireczech

Guest Paulzie

Question was if Wifi tethering toggle exists in 29. Of course, throw the settings menu, we can find WLAN hotspot.

With other ROMS like Telsa there is a wifi and a wifi hotspot. When I tried the wifi toggle on Baidu v28 it only enabled wifi rather than enable the phone to act as a hotspot. Can you confirm if v29 corrects this by giving a wifi hotspot toggle? (or I hope I didn't confuse myself with my previous testing . . . )

Edited by Paulzie

Guest predragiPredrag

With other ROMS like Telsa there is a wifi and a wifi hotspot. When I tried the wifi toggle on Baidu v2 it only enabled wifi rather than enable the phone to act as a hotspot. Can you confirm if v29 corrects this by giving a wifi hotspot toggle? (or I hope I didn't confuse myself with my previous testing . . . )

There is no WiFi thetering in toggle in v29, or v28.

Guest pOcHa

i think those custom roms are using the toggles from CM - but you can install notification power toggles from play store that add all kinds of things as well

Guest infobleep

Instructions (do not skip any of the wipes, or the old files will cause bugs):

- Wipe data/factory reset

- Wipe cache partition

- Mounts and storage: format /cache, /cust, /data, /system

- Advanced: Wipe dalvik cache

- Install zip: Choose zip from external sdcard -> Baidu29beta.zip

(google play store now confirmed working)

- Reboot system now

(if you get a prompt, then select "no" - it will not flash custom recovery, but install init.d scripts support)

settings -> about phone -> privacy settings -> CEIP OFF

Hi there

I am interested in stalled Baidu but I am not certain about the wiping stages.

If I do a factory reset won't it wipe the clockwordmod recovery or does that modify the system so it doesn't get wiped?

Where would I find the cache partition?

/cache /cust, /data, /system

How do I mount the above folders on a Mac running Mountain Lion. I know how to mount my G300 and the external SD card and have some knowledge of terminal and BASH but I am not certain where I find the /cache /cust /data and /system areas to mount? Do they simply mount when I mount my G300?

If I wipe the cache partition is that not the same as wiping /cache?

I did a search in the form and have been reading a variety of threads over the course of an afternoon but not seen any answer to my questions.

Thanks for reading

Guest infobleep

Hi there

I am interested in stalled Baidu but I am not certain about the wiping stages.

If I do a factory reset won't it wipe the clockwordmod recovery or does that modify the system so it doesn't get wiped?

Where would I find the cache partition?

/cache /cust, /data, /system

How do I mount the above folders on a Mac running Mountain Lion. I know how to mount my G300 and the external SD card and have some knowledge of terminal and BASH but I am not certain where I find the /cache /cust /data and /system areas to mount? Do they simply mount when I mount my G300?

If I wipe the cache partition is that not the same as wiping /cache?

I did a search in the form and have been reading a variety of threads over the course of an afternoon but not seen any answer to my questions.

Thanks for reading

It's OK I've found the answer on the following Web Site:

http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/what-is-clockworkmod-recovery-and-how-to-use-it-on-android-complete-guide/

Edited by infobleep

Guest infobleep

My problem now isn't really relevant to this thread so I'll start a new one to avoid cluttering up this one.

Edited by infobleep