[ICS][4.0.4] Baidu Cloud ROM beta V49 English (2014-06-06)

Guest pOcHa

Guest KingConrad

Hi all,

I am having some issues here. I read that the location error is fixed but it seems to be on my phone. I am unable to set my location to anything but a China location. I also get a UNKNOWN with my map and weather.

Maybe it is related, but, can I change the news Window? It is all in Chinese and I would love to have English news here. Can I customize it? If so... How? I have checked and find no options but selection what type of news.

Apart from this I think it is amazing. I have tried most the ROMS since I got the phone (When it was new). I wish I tried it before now.

Thanks for the hard work.

C

baidu weather is only usable for china - I recommend GO Weather instead

and the news is only in chinese, so just disable it... both it, and the weather widget are integrated inside the framework itself - and that is the only reason they are not completely removed

Guest KingConrad

@pOcHa

Thank you for the reply.

I have now disabled them. I really like how they looked and worked. It is a shame they can't be made to work with English sites and locations.

Thanks for this wonderful ROM. I am enjoying it so much. I am using the phone again (Which I had stopped using due to it stalling on other ROMS).

Great work.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest predragiPredrag

the changes link in the first post is also always updated...

Dialer is problematic,when I dial someone there is only blank screen I cannot dissmis call..

are you using the default one, or the old style addon?

try disabling the "half incall screen" option in dialer settings - or maybe your proximity sensor is broken (the screen goes off when next to the ear)

Guest predragiPredrag

are you using the default one, or the old style addon?

try disabling the "half incall screen" option in dialer settings - or maybe your proximity sensor is broken (the screen goes off when next to the ear)

I was using new one... and I had wallpaper and status bar, but not the rest of the dialer screen.

After I flashed old one everything is working, but it is sluggish. To be honest V34 is firs Baidu in

long time to be smooth without slow moments especially in dialer and messages.

EDIT2: Ok so half call screen option solves the problem thanks :)

Edited by predragiPredrag

Guest predragiPredrag

hi pocha...i couldnt find this below setting....using baidu v34

menu button -> home settings -> bulletin off

(desktop news)

menu button ->home settings->Bulletin

Guest Mireczech

Cannot play videos in Youtube. Has anyone same problem with latest build 35? And whatabout app cleaner in multitask manager (blue circle with %). It causes many hidden problems (CallRecorder e.g.). Would be possible to disable this function in future?

Edited by Mireczech

Guest predragiPredrag

Cannot play videos in Youtube. Has anyone same problem with latest build 35?

And whatabout app cleaner in multitask manager (blue circle with %). It causes many hidden problems (CallRecorder e.g.). Would be possible to disable this function?

I have the same problem, but youtube starts video after 1-2min...pretty annoying 

Cannot play videos in Youtube. Has anyone same problem with latest build 35? And whatabout app cleaner in multitask manager (blue circle with %). It causes many hidden problems (CallRecorder e.g.). Would be possible to disable this function in future?

try deleting the OnekeyWidget.apk from /system/app and then reboot

I have the same problem, but youtube starts video after 1-2min...pretty annoying 

works fine for me (opera classic) - in the last version I added the flash player to /data/app, check if you maybe have multiple versions (if you already had one before there or in /system/app)

Guest predragiPredrag

try deleting the OnekeyWidget.apk from /system/app and then reboot

works fine for me (opera classic) - in the last version I added the flash player to /data/app, check if you maybe have multiple versions (if you already had one before there or in /system/app)

I have problem in youtube.apk and in browser (dolphin). I will try to re-install ROM and see how it behaves.