[ICS][4.0.4] Baidu Cloud ROM beta V49 English (2014-06-06)

Guest pOcHa

the bad news is that there is still no launcher fix, but the good news is that it happened to me only once (before I cleared its data)

and the really great news is that the next Baidu beta version 42 will be specially optimized for the 512MB phones (like ours), and will even feature some of the memory optimizations from Android v4.4 KitKat (which is also optimized for slower device):

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=2&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http://bbs.rom.baidu.com/thread-122357-1-1.html&usg=ALkJrhhP3HdUBmadKMkrq7pAd44Wd_u-fA

it comes out on Jan 13, so i'll have some free time then to repack it right away (Serbian new year)

Guest Salamin1

the bad news is that there is still no launcher fix, but the good news is that it happened to me only once (before I cleared its data)

and the really great news is that the next Baidu beta version 42 will be specially optimized for the 512MB phones (like ours), and will even feature some of the memory optimizations from Android v4.4 KitKat (which is also optimized for slower device):

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=2&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http://bbs.rom.baidu.com/thread-122357-1-1.html&usg=ALkJrhhP3HdUBmadKMkrq7pAd44Wd_u-fA

it comes out on Jan 13, so i'll have some free time then to repack it right away (Serbian new year)

Great news, do you know if it will have kernel 3.4?

Guest predragiPredrag

Ok so I have found how to free more RAM :) I have 225mb free on fresh start !!

1. Open phone, contacts or sms app,

2. Go to MORE tab, it is right after sms tab,

3. Under plugin section click on manage button,

4. Select "Select SMS" and disable,

5. Do same thing for "Timing SMS", "Anti Disturbance" and "Yelow pages"

Enjoy :)

yes, I always empty out the yellow pages db when repacking, but the plugin might still use some ram

but don't disable anti disturbance if you want to blacklist/whitelist calls (it was in the settings before)

^ There's no download link to V42 in the link that you have posted. The link seems to go to the home page announcement.

Edited by smweb

Guest Mireczech

Maybe, there si something wrong with Play Store. When I run it, then imediatelly appears android.process.media has stopped etc. I have already tried clear cache, data, remove Google Account and add the new one. But without success.

-----edit-----

Found solution. Install the new one Play Store.apk from this link:

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23252070760973351

Edited by Mireczech

Guest predragiPredrag

first post updated with the latest V42 beta

happy Serbian new year everyone...

Happy new year :) all the best...

I would live to try V42, but I will be able on Wednesday, so I will report my impressions :)

Guest paddyponchero

first post updated with the latest V42 beta

happy Serbian new year everyone...

Ziveli! Thanks for the hard work on your day off  :wub:

Guest paddyponchero

Maybe, there si something wrong with Play Store. When I run it, then imediatelly appears android.process.media has stopped etc. I have already tried clear cache, data, remove Google Account and add the new one. But without success.

-----edit-----

Found solution. Install the new one Play Store.apk from this link:

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23252070760973351

Installed that and it was fine for about 30 mins then got loads of application has stopped errors even though you can see it continuing to load perfectly in the background. this is on a 100% clean install. 

Guest paddyponchero

True, within 5 mins I encountered "android.process.media" has stopped issue almost everywhere. 

I've gone bck to kitkat, wonder was it an english language issue with the tweaks as czech was fine.

I've gone bck to kitkat, wonder was it an english language issue with the tweaks as czech was fine.

I myself repacked another one from the original C8815 beta v42 for my use, it also had the same "android.process.media has stopped" issue. :(

Guest Mireczech

This morning, same problem when I tried update 2 apps through the Play Store... "unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped". I am a bit desperate. There is something wrong with Gapps, I think so.

Edited by Mireczech

just happened to me when I tried updating something through play store (was ok when browsing)

I checked the logcat, and it's the "com.android.providers.downloads.DownloadService" crushing the "com.android.providers.media":

E/AndroidRuntime(12945): FATAL EXCEPTION: Download Service
E/AndroidRuntime(12945): java.lang.NullPointerException: uriString
E/AndroidRuntime(12945): at android.net.Uri$StringUri.<init>(Uri.java:464)
E/AndroidRuntime(12945): at android.net.Uri$StringUri.<init>(Uri.java:454)
E/AndroidRuntime(12945): at android.net.Uri.parse(Uri.java:426)
E/AndroidRuntime(12945): at com.android.providers.downloads.DownloadInfo.isReadyToStart(DownloadInfo.java:297)
E/AndroidRuntime(12945): at com.android.providers.downloads.DownloadInfo.startIfReady(DownloadInfo.java:476)
E/AndroidRuntime(12945): at com.android.providers.downloads.DownloadService.insertDownload(DownloadService.java:438)
E/AndroidRuntime(12945): at com.android.providers.downloads.DownloadService.access$600(DownloadService.java:55)
E/AndroidRuntime(12945): at com.android.providers.downloads.DownloadService$UpdateThread.run(DownloadService.java:317)
I/ActivityManager(287): Kill com.android.vending (pid 12898): provider com.android.providers.downloads.DownloadProvider in dying process android.process.media

will try with a newer gapps (not just play store), and report back...

Edited by pOcHa