[ICS][4.0.4] Baidu Cloud ROM beta V49 English (2014-06-06)

Guest pOcHa

Guest pOcHa

thanks Mireczech, but you forgot to make it public, i sent you an access request

UPDATE: finally, 500 KB/s, now thats more like it, thanks again man

Edited by pOcHa

Guest pOcHa

first off, most of the apps were updated from v23, so the v24 OTA update is about 60 MB

and secondly, there were some bugs in the updater-script which i had to fix: missing busybox (added now), and bravia engine (still missing - maybe it was removed at the last moment for a good reason, but probably just because of the copyright), order of execution, etc...

Instructions:

- Wipe cache partition

- Install zip: Choose zip from external sdcard -> U8818_BAIDUROM24.zip

(random offset is not an error, don't worry)

- Reboot system now

since the internal card was the default storage in v23, I left it that way in the v24 OTA update as well

but in the full v24 version, the external card is once again the default storage - so if you want, you can download the new "external_sd.fstab" file and replace the old one in "/system/etc/" with the root explorer, copy everything from internal to external card, reboot, and delete duplicate files on the internal card

Link: https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

UPDATE: I see now that init.d support was removed as well (baidu must really not like any 3rd party mods, copyrighted or not), so if you want to re-enable it, and by extension V6SuperCharger and KickAssKernel also, then just install the apk included in the download link

Edited by pOcHa

Guest smweb

Thanks pOcHa, downloading your repack now. Any chance of repacking the full version? Then there would be option of skipping earlier versions and directly installing the v24.

Guest pOcHa

rest assured, I made the v24 OTA update in such a specific way that if you flash it immediately over the v23 full version (one after another in CWM) - you will get a complete bit-by-bit equivalent as if just flashing the v24 full version (with only exception being the default storage)

it will not only copy all the new files, and overwrite the updated ones, but also remove those that are not present in the new version anymore

i planned to make a full version for the next release, as it would be a drag to dload and flash more than a couple of files for a new install

Guest pOcHa

i've been asked this before, so just to make it clear - OTA update will keep all of your setting and data intact (only cache needs to be wiped as it contains older versions of updated files)

so far i noticed that there is little bit more free memory, and the screen is not periodically waking up for a second or two on its own anymore (this is with the init.d, v6ss and kak enabled, which i suspected were the culprits in the previous version), and they disabled the vsync now so i guess the games will squize some more fps without it (it already was by far the best ICS rom for gaming, but I can't tell if anything else is smoother now, although i didn't notice anything flickering because of it)

power toggles are now displayed correctly in landscape, but i still miss the old ones, and that pointless custom section in options is still present, but overall i think that the unofficial team is finally getting the hang of it

Guest Northstandhero

I've downloaded the Init.d link in your post and installed the apk and activated the init.d from the app, does this also include the Kak and v6 supercharger or do these need downloading and installing separately?

cheers

Guest pOcHa

for some reason (and i presume its only so that it passes the baidu official certification, probably just copyright related, as everything is working really great), dropbox, init.d, v6ss, kak, vsync, and sony bravia engine got removed at the very last moment (files are gone, but updater-script still references them), so that is probably why the version for our phone was released later then the rest

i only readed dropbox, as v6ss, kak, and vsync scripts were left untouched, as well as init.d - but they weren't enabled

so yes, if you enable init.d then everything else starts working automatically after the reboot, you will find their log files under "/data/" folder - but this rom was pretty optimized even before the scripts were added (i skipped v21 and v22, found them only in the previous v23), so you can run it quite perfectly even without them, its your own choice

Edited by pOcHa

1.) don't know

2.) contacts lag? elaborate

3.) yes

V23 had slow keyboard and contacts lag so i didnt know who was calling me until after the call ended.also power toggles wasnt as good as v23 so seems they went backwards.i also coudnt restore apps from gobackup but could in v23 so would like to if its any better.

Guest pOcHa

you mean caller id lag as in other roms - i didn't experience that

power toggles are sadly the same as in v23 - and i don't like them either

@marcio: nothing at all

Guest mr_mufy

It's any way to change the battery to circle mod?

And can on this rom the mod of cyda by applied? i already have de init.d support but the internal mod doesn't work...

you mean caller id lag as in other roms - i didn't experience that

power toggles are sadly the same as in v23 - and i don't like them either

@marcio: nothing at all

Could you do full repack?