[ICS][4.0.4] Baidu Cloud ROM beta V49 English (2014-06-06)

Guest pOcHa

I myself repacked another one from the original C8815 beta v42 for my use, it also had the same "android.process.media has stopped" issue. :(

first, don't use the U8815 version from Baidu, it's also a third party repack of C8812, as mine is (but done really poorly)

and I just checked the baidu forums - that error is present even in the original untouched version (no gapps at all there)

the problem is in the native Download Manager (not in gapps) - so just clear its data and cache in settings -> apps -> manage apps -> all -> download manager

i'll try to fix it permanently with a DownloadManager.apk from an earlier version...

UPDATE: edited this post with a workaround

Edited by pOcHa

tried with an older download and media providers, no luck - hope they get the beta v43 right, but until then stick with the stable version if you want google play store to work...

Edited by pOcHa

• 2 weeks later...
Guest paddyponchero

Have any of you tried Badiu's version which was supposed to be optimised for phones with 512 mb of ram?

Yes its terrible, next one is out on 27th.

yes, it crashes whenever you try to update or download something (they fixed it for the next version), but the memory optimizations are pretty great - when i clear the memory the system is using only around 150MB (before was around 200MB), so now you get more than 200MB free...

Guest paddyponchero

uploading now...

first post updated with the latest beta V43 - google play store is working again

android.process.acore has stopped, home has stopped, settings has stopped, thats on a full wipe install.

yes, I myself am using the latest TWRP (http://www.modaco.com/topic/359827-twrp-2631-official-for-u8815u8815nu8818-09122013/), and that exact version of gapps is already included in the rom (no need to flash it)...

if you are using CWM, make sure it's the version that is compatible with Android v4.3+ since baidu is now using some of KitKat memory optimizations - they did mention on their forum that it must be flashed with a new (chinese) recovery, so that may be it

Edited by pOcHa

Guest dinamo1975

is your recovery Android v4.3+ compatible?

and take a look at this post, it might help (although it happened to me only on V41): http://www.modaco.com/topic/361324-ics404-baidu-cloud-rom-beta-v43-english-2014-01-27/page-45#entry2185798

i tried your suggestions (i used CWM 6.0.4.4 R7)... not working! I have to install Nova Launcher!

Guest paddyponchero

maybe it's just CWM (any version) then, is there anyone with TWRP having crashes?

Working great after full wiping and flashing third time with twrp, first flash wouldn't boot, second said successful then twrp told me there was no os .. very odd. Never had these kind of issue before.

odd indeed, maybe your sd card was corrupted (did you fromat it as well?)... anyway, glad it worked out for you - and just out of curiosity, since you were using KitKat before, do you have a Hynix or Samsung memory?

Guest paddyponchero

odd indeed, maybe your sd card was corrupted (did you fromat it as well?)... anyway, glad it worked out for you - and just out of curiosity, since you were using KitKat before, do you have a Hynix or Samsung memory?

Mine is samsung, I formatted internal sd with twrp external sd card was formatted on monday with cwm so maybe its cwms partitioning. Works great now though I think its a keeper thanks :)