Relock ICS Bootloader (only for stock ICS ROMS)

Guest jsevi83

Guest jsevi83

I made a zip to relock the bootloader in ICS for those who have a lot of reboots related to 3G. The zip installs ICS B952 original bootloader, stock recovery and stock boot.img, so it only works for roms based on ICS stock (like Lightning, slim, Infusion, Stock Plus, etc) and you won't be able to use overclock. It doesn't work for CyanogenMod roms because of the boot.img, so DO NOT install this in CyanogenMod roms or your phone won't boot.

INSTRUCTIONS: Download the zip, copy it to your sdcard, reboot to recovery, install the zip and reboot your phone.

DOWNLOAD: http://www.solidfile...m/d/d45bd0471b/

NOTE: it's probably better to use GB baseband and bootloader instead of locking ICS bootloader. It's very easy to do, look here: http://www.modaco.co...on-gb-baseband/

Edited by jsevi83

Guest kyan31

Jsevi is awesome :lol:

It's a shame it can't be used on the CM ROMs, those are the only ROMs I actually get random reboots on :huh:

It's very infrequent though, good job :)

Guest denzele

Guys i flashed this over Slim Rom v.10 and now phone is stuck on "Image signature verify fail!" Your boot/recovery image may have an incorrect images. Please update your image to a signature official one. what to do pls help?

Guest denzele

no mate no CWM same old signature s*** on the screen ..flashing roms gets mepink screen only...so i just downgrade to GB...with Huawei official method..

ahh shiittt GB suckssss...it's like going back 20 years heheh...ok now do i have to unlock bootloader on ISC and root again (once i get there) or it sholud be all there?

Thanks for your help mate...

Guest jsevi83

Guys i flashed this over Slim Rom v.10 and now phone is stuck on "Image signature verify fail!" Your boot/recovery image may have an incorrect images. Please update your image to a signature official one. what to do pls help?

Around 50 users downloaded this, many of them tried it and you are the first one with this problem. Did you only install this zip in recovery, or also something else?

no mate no CWM same old signature s*** on the screen ..flashing roms gets mepink screen only...so i just downgrade to GB...with Huawei official method..

When you say "flashing roms" you mean update.app? Pink screen happens when the phone can't find any update.app in the sdcard. Anyway, I'm glad you solved it.

Guest denzele

Around 50 users downloaded this, many of them tried it and you are the first one with this problem. Did you only install this zip in recovery, or also something else?

What can I say one in 50 heh..only install that in recovery nothing else..not sure why that happen..

Edited by denzele

Guest luunatiq

hi, i was on b944 stock, only rooted cause i had the reboot problems so i applied this patch and all is working good till now.

if i locked the bootloader after installing a custom rom and if i want to unlock to flash another patch i just only have to use the bootloaderg300.exe and thats all?10x

Edited by luunatiq

Guest denzele

What CWM did you use?

Exactly what steps in full detail did you take?

CWM 4.0.1 something not sure...ok downgraded to GB install Slim v.10 flashed ICS-in-GB reboot...all went fine but problem now is that I'm getting a lot of Unfortunately,the process android.process.acore has stopped media one as well..contacts too..wtf? Kepps comming up all the time..can't use the phone this way..

Guest dalyer

I would always use this CWM:

As jsevi83 said you are the 1st in about 50 to report a problem so there's a strong chance that you did something wrong.

Regarding the "process stopped" errors any chance it's the old external/internal storage switching problem? The one where for some reason (possibly slow card taking "too long" to respond at boot time) a phone configured for default external storage switches to internal and thereafter can't find files/data/apps installed on the external storage?

Guest denzele

Not sure any more mate..as I said put the file on sd card boot in recovery flashed zip rebot that was it..nothing else done ..can you tell me pls how to flash that CWM from the link over mine which is 4.0.1 ..just to make sure this time..then I'll try again..

Thanks for help mate..

Guest dalyer
can you tell me pls how to flash that CWM from the link over mine which is 4.0.1

Download the Touch Hybrid ZIP

Check the MD5 checksum to make sure that the download is good

Copy the zip to your sdcard

Boot into your existing CWM recovery

Choose apply zip (or whatever the option is called in CWM)

Reboot into recovery

Should be the new one now

Guest denzele

Thanks mate...will give a try later..might be old version of CWM caused error that I had..I can't think of anything else..really want to flash this to stop 3G reboots..

Guest denzele

Why not try the ICS on GB baseband (and bootloader etc.) approach that jsevi83 outlines in the original post and here:

http://www.modaco.co...on-gb-baseband/

He says it's probably a better way to go than relocking the ICS bootloader.

Already tried that options once in GB ( downgraded because of signature/boot issue ) but as I said before lots of android system process would pop up saying acore.process has stop etc...so I'm back on official ISC atm..will root open bootloader then flash new CWM as well with slim rom..of course try relock bootloader once again see what hapens...maybe it'll work this time..fingers crossed.. :)

Edited by denzele

In an effort to fix occasional reboot / network connection issues, I downgraded to GB bootloader then flashed the "Use ICS ROMs on GB baseband" ZIP from http://www.modaco.co...d/#entry2100905. This is all using Cyda's excellent Stock+ ROM. It continued to work, but unfortunately suffered from the "continuous toggling between 3G and H" problem.

So I decided to relock the ICS bootloader, and flashed the ZIP from the first post of this topic. This resulted in the phone becoming stuck in a boot loop (Android logo on screen, vibrate and restart every five seconds or so). I couldn't manage to boot into CWM, and ended up having to put an update.app on the SD card and force an update to recover the phone.

Where did I go wrong? How should I have reverted from "use ICS ROM on GB baseband" to "Relock ICS bootloader"?

Thanks.

Edited by dwvl

Guest jsevi83

In an effort to fix occasional reboot / network connection issues, I downgraded to GB bootloader then flashed the "Use ICS ROMs on GB baseband" ZIP from http://www.modaco.co...d/#entry2100905. This is all using Cyda's excellent Stock+ ROM. It continued to work, but unfortunately suffered from the "continuous toggling between 3G and H" problem.

So I decided to relock the ICS bootloader, and flashed the ZIP from the first post of this topic. This resulted in the phone becoming stuck in a boot loop (Android logo on screen, vibrate and restart every five seconds or so). I couldn't manage to boot into CWM, and ended up having to put an update.app on the SD card and force an update to recover the phone.

Where did I go wrong? How should I have reverted from "use ICS ROM on GB baseband" to "Relock ICS bootloader"?

Thanks.

You should've installed the zip to upgrade to ics first, since ics bootloader only works with ics baseband.