HTC One: Double Dip Hard Shell case

Guest PaulOBrien

• 2 weeks later...

I bought both the double dip and the flip case as I wasn't sure which one i'd prefer. I got them both on ebay from a seller called londonmagicstore for around £14 ea including shipping. Very fast delivery and brand new in unopened packaging.

I tried the flip case first and was hugely disappointed. This was the one I thought i'd prefer. The problem for me was the huge crease down the back centre of the leather (faux?) where it folds to act as a stand. Even bigger issue I found was the flip front cover; I expected it to be magnetised to a degree in order to hold it flush to the screen when closed. Its not. The front cover just sort of flaps about like an expelled jack in the box. Really disappointing.

The double dip on the other hand; Really impressed! I wasn't a huge fan of the colour but it fits so snugly and offers good protection all round its totally won me over and has been installed since the day I received it.

I too have suffered a minor scratch to the back of the device, around 30mm long vertical hairline scratch. I'm guessing either the plastic moulding or a tiny piece of dirt has caused it when sliding the back on. Personally speaking, I'm not bothered by this, the phone will no doubt pick up scratches over the 18 month contract duration. People who expect to purchase a phone (or any item for that matter) and expect it to remain pristine for any period of time need to lock it in a glass case and leave well alone! Its a fact of life.. My old handset was a Samsung google nexus which never had any kind of cover for 18months and only has minor surface scratches and is perfectly usable as a back up!

My contract with Orange (renewed so reduced monthly cost and extra data:

18month Panther 31 with an extra 750mb of data (1.5gb total)

£24/pm

Total cost (£24*18) £432 + Handset price £150 = £582. Not bad for unlimited mins, texts and 1.5gb of data per month!

Guest jimac

I bought both the double dip and the flip case as I wasn't sure which one i'd prefer. I got them both on ebay from a seller called londonmagicstore for around £14 ea including shipping. Very fast delivery and brand new in unopened packaging.

I tried the flip case first and was hugely disappointed. This was the one I thought i'd prefer. The problem for me was the huge crease down the back centre of the leather (faux?) where it folds to act as a stand. Even bigger issue I found was the flip front cover; I expected it to be magnetised to a degree in order to hold it flush to the screen when closed. Its not. The front cover just sort of flaps about like an expelled jack in the box. Really disappointing.

Yes, I was similarly disappointed - not only that, but after very little use, the rubber edge on the front flap peels off and the red stuff on the inside edge is starting to lift as a result.

I am tempted by the tuff-luv vintage leather wallet, but it's too expensive given that (having already failed to deliver on thier promise several times) by the time it was eventually in stock, I had already had the phone a couple of months and bought the dd+f and 6 different "cheap" cases and an not about to spend the best part of £40 on another case.....

If I could pick that up for £20 or so it'd be a different matter.

• 2 months later...
Guest Thumper Net

I bought this case but it scratched the back of my black htc one , so now back to a rubber case , the hard case has a small grip line in the plastic on my case ( don't know if that's on all cases , so by removing the case to clean any dust caused the back to scratch , beware of this case