Use HSPA:11 in any rom

Guest jsevi83

Thanks for this excellent mod. I have indeed seen a good jump in HSPA speeds, however having used the phone now for a couple of days the downside is reduced battery life. I am currently using latest Stock+ and before modding to this I was getting a whole days moderate use with approx. 20-30% battery left. Now the phone needs a charge around the time I get home from work. So looks like the battery life is affected.

Guest Pyntux

After installing this, my IMEI is 0, wtf? I installed this on CM10.1... I will try to get my backup to see what is going on...

After restoring backup of B952, imeo is 0 again... :( So I restore IMEI and HSPA is 9... What to do, to try install this on b952?

Now every time I reboot time has changed...wtf?

Edited by Pyntux

Guest Pyntux

I restored my imei backup and rom (B952) and now flashed hspa11 and everything is OK... If I now flash CM10.1 hspa11 and imei will stay? :)

Edited by Pyntux

Guest dalyer

I restored my imei backup and rom (B952) and now flashed hspa11 and everything is OK... If I now flash CM10.1 hspa11 and imei will stay? :)

Your IMEI is probably OK even if it displays as 0 in CM10.1!

Guest PixelPixie

Just noticed my imei is 0, running latest cm10.1 and the hspa11 flash.

Phone seems be working ok, is it safe to leave it on zero or best to try and restore it? I do have an imei backup, but just wondering if it's needed as phone is working and as reported above is probably still there just not visible to the cm rom.

Guest dalyer

If it was me (and it could be soon... :D) I'd do this:

Do a full CWM/TWRP Nandroid backup of the current CM10.1 setup

Install another ROM - e.g. Stock+ or similar

Check the IMEI

If it's not 0 then it's obviously OK

Restore the CM10.1 backup

If the IMEI displays as 0 there but things work OK then I'd just live with it

Keep a copy/backup of the IMEI just in case

Not sure if IMEI appearing to be 0 might cause problems when roaming?

Guest PixelPixie

Well I did what you suggested, and my imei was there using stock+ ROM.

On restoring the nandroid backup it errored. Booted anyway and I got a strange mix of vanilla cm10.1 and some restored parts/apps ect. Can't seem to install things from the play store now either , get a -24 error code.

Probably best to do a clean install and see what happens.

Guest dalyer

Before restoring the nanrdoid backup did you do a full wipe of the phone? Factory reset, all wipes , maybe even format everything... That's what I'd do.

Guest PixelPixie

Yeah, just a dodgy backup, failed the same spot before and after wipes. No bother, clean install and everything is good again.

Thanks for your help :-)

Guest nobody008

Once again I have stuffed up my 3g networking after installing this does anyone have any ideas on reverting back to hspa 7.2

Guest between3and26characters

Nice.

After the update I get 1-3 mbps down and 1-2 mbps up and ping dropped from like a billion to 90-78ms which is quite nice.

• 1 month later...
Guest Paulzie

WARNING: Australian Telstra 850/2100 3G (HSPA:9) reverts to 2G EDGE:2 after applying this mod

So is not recommended for Australia Telstra customers. To revert back I used 5irom's (IMEIBackup) restore function which had my previously saved modems as 5irom\IMEIBackup\10.img and 11.img. Now it works again at HSPA:9 speed.

Edited by Paulzie

Guest rusak2

Hi. I am on stock + and have HSDPA 9 with and without this mod. Whats wrong? I am from Germany, O2. Shouldnt I have HSPA 11 after flashing?

Guest sedj

Hi. I am on stock + and have HSDPA 9 with and without this mod. Whats wrong? I am from Germany, O2. Shouldnt I have HSPA 11 after flashing?

It is strange, i was on HSDPA11 with this mod and chose to downgrade but it still shows HSDPA11?? This is running Baidu v27

Guest jsevi83

WARNING: Australian Telstra 850/2100 3G (HSPA:9) reverts to 2G EDGE:2 after applying this mod

So is not recommended for Australia Telstra customers. To revert back I used 5irom's (IMEIBackup) restore function which had my previously saved modems as 5irom\IMEIBackup\10.img and 11.img. Now it works again at HSPA:9 speed. These files were saved when I originally had GB 2.3.6 on the phone prior to any rom updates. They are available as G300_modems_Australia.zip if anybody else needs them. They work with the official ICS 4.0.3 too.

Just use 5irom's backup function to create a 5irom folder, then drop the 10.img and 11.img in there from this ZIP file and do a 5irom restore. This managed to get my IMEI back as well as my 3G link.

There are official GB and ICS update.app for Australia, so you can also extract the modem files from there.

Yes, you should have HSPA:11 after flashing, very strange if you don't.

It is strange, i was on HSDPA11 with this mod and chose to downgrade but it still shows HSDPA11?? This is running Baidu v27

What method did you use to downgrade? Maybe it didn't replace the modem files, that's why you still have HSPA:11.

Edited by jsevi83

• 3 weeks later...
Guest cameron581

hey i have a american phone that can run your baseband and when i flashed the baseband/modems and that stuff i lost 3g and i used the australian modems but now my 3g is patchy and the phone doesnt have any update.apps i use 850/1900/2100 hsdpa would this work?

Guest george109
hey i have a american phone that can run your baseband and when i flashed the baseband/modems and that stuff i lost 3g and i used the australian modems but now my 3g is patchy and the phone doesnt have any update.apps i use 850/1900/2100 hsdpa would this work?
Is this a G300?

Guest cameron581

U8665 same CPU same adereno 200 only difference is screen size I flashed the 2030 and lost 3g but still have edge

Guest george109

and same ram and rom and 2gb internal storage XD i can run like 99% of your roms

U8665 same CPU same adereno 200 only difference is screen size I flashed the 2030 and lost 3g but still have edge

Do you have an IMEI backup with 5irom? If you do, then just restore that, and I think it will delete the HSPA:11 Mod, and restore your 3G Edited by george109