All those with cracked casings, please post photos and explain further.

Guest glossywhite

Guest glossywhite

Hello :)

I have been reading a few comments - and I mean a few, about people having had their San Diego cases cracking. Does anyone here have this experience? I would like to gain a balanced and realistic view on this, preferably with pictures if you could, to back this up. Is this really a big deal, or are people expecting more from their 'phone than is realistic (are they giving them rough treatment? Notice how people will rarely admit to this, with total accuracy and honesty)

If you have a cracked San Diego, would you mind posting some details as to:

#1: How long you owned the device before this was noticed?

#2: How you treated the San Diego - please be honest - was it treated carefully, or just thrown around?

#3: Would you mind posting *close up* photos of the fractures?

Thank you so much, I appreciate the feedback :)

Have a lovely weekend.

Edited by glossywhite

Guest glossywhite

Why are you interested in this?

Thanks,

I am trying to ascertain some facts, to make an informed purchase decision.

[EDIT]

Of all the people who have stated that they have a cracked case, not one single person has backed it up with a photograph of the fault, which is slightly puzzling to me; if I wanted to warn people of something, then the old phrase "a picture speaks a thousand words" makes sense, in this context. :)

Edited by glossywhite

Guest BlueMoonRising

Perhaps you should be asking if the people who have had problems have removed the back at all. Mine is in perfect condition but I've never removed the back.

You do know that you appear to be accusing people of being liars?

Guest glossywhite

Perhaps you should be asking if the people who have had problems have removed the back at all. Mine is in perfect condition but I've never removed the back.

Possibly you are reading slightly too much into my motives, which, with respect, you do not know. I am not at all, I am asking as to the level of the faults, so I can base my decision upon this, along with other things.

Thank you :)

Edited by glossywhite

Guest Andymac1969

Same here, had it two months and it looks like I have just taken it out the box, I have no intention of pulling the back off as the storage is fine for me, and by doing it you must weaken it structurally

Andrew

Guest codroid

Yes I can confirm that. My casing was rock solid but, the moment I removed the back, the fit is not so flush and I have a small hairline crack in the bezel, no doubt from my heavy handed case removal :(

Guest glossywhite

These cracks are virtually invisible, they will cause you no problem

Same here, had it two months and it looks like I have just taken it out the box, I have no intention of pulling the back off as the storage is fine for me, and by doing it you must weaken it structurally

Andrew

Yes I can confirm that. My casing was rock solid but, the moment I removed the back, the fit is not so flush and I have a small hairline crack in the bezel, no doubt from my heavy handed case removal :(

Thank you chaps, and possibly ladies :). I'll take all this into account, and I appreciate your verbatim answers.

Have a lovely night :)

Guest i am not a hacker

Thank you chaps, and possibly ladies :). I'll take all this into account, and I appreciate your verbatim answers.

Have a lovely night :)

Weren't you mean to have your phone today (as it's Saturday)?

I have two hairlines cracked on the side of the phone. Between the silver strip and the face of the phone. I keep my phone in perfect condition and have had it for 8 months.

Guest glossywhite

I have two hairlines cracked on the side of the phone. Between the silver strip and the face of the phone. I keep my phone in perfect condition and have had it for 8 months.

I was supposed to, but it will now wait until life is out of the way; a week's time :)

Guest BlueMoonRising

You enabled the sd slot did you not?

Guest glossywhite

I must confess, this is a cracking lil' mobile! :P

@BlueMoonRising:

You should be a detective; you've got a suspicious mind. :)

Edited by glossywhite

Guest DaveSimonH

I have a couple of cracks on my OSD, if I'm honest I only noticed them after seeing a thread about it. I had noticed the crack beforehand, but had thought it was just an imperfection in the plastic.

I am very careful with phones, other devices etc. So the cracks are not down to me being rough with the phone. However, I would like to add that I removed the back a few times, for a look, and to test a microSD then to install the one in there now. So its entirely possible that the cracks were created due to the gentle force required to remove the back.

Couple of pictures, its very hard to see cracks in the black bezel. I think the pics accurately represent what it looks like in person;

osdcracks01.jpg

osdcracks02.jpg

Guest BlueMoonRising

Nope, haven't even tried. Why would I need to?

No reason, it's just that you spoilt my growing conviction that it was only people who have opened it up that have had problems.

Considering that most have opened it up who have had problems I would suggest that anybody else who is going to should do so very carefully.

Perhaps if you lay a thin cloth on a hard surface and work around from the SIM slot while trying to keep it flat to the surface will reduce any flexing of the bezel and trim.

Edit:- lay it face down obviously

Edited by BlueMoonRising

Guest glossywhite

Isn't it Gigabyte who make this handset? I was always told (but never believed it) that Gigabyte were a top quality manufacturer...

Guest DaveSimonH

I'd actually suggest starting at the headphone jack, the little gap there was how I got the back off. Never had any luck starting at the sim card slot.

Guest xena_wales

I hadn't noticed until I read this thread then had a close look! But yep, the black plastic is cracked on both sides between the silver strip and the screen, and the silver plastic is cracked in 3 places on the left hand side, and one place on the right hand side. Not good!! I've never taken the back off, and have had since Xmas. I do have a bad habit of having it in my back jeans pocket tho, so that must put some curvature stress on it when i sit down, even tho I'm not actually sat on it!