Blade 3 Development

Guest Zainster

Guest Zainster

This thread is basically a thread where people can post errors that they receive or just general talking about developments

Edited by Zainster

Guest x6itru

do we need gapps or not and whats working and whats not

yes you need gapps for it. I'm just downloading i will edit this post with feedback.

/edit/ i've got error while flashing :) set_perm: some changes failed. ;p

Edited by x6itru

Guest Droidevil

There are two system and two meta-inf folders in your zip-archive if you will look with root explorer

Edited by Droidevil

Guest x6itru

I can make build for our device too, but my internet connection is a bit slow ;/ so only for download sources i must spend a few hours ;s (CyanogenMod sources weights about 10gb? ;o?) i dont think that it can be lighter.

Edited by x6itru

Guest robt77

Been trying to build the pacman rom from source but having issues with the manifest, managed to down load pacman source but just getting error on manifest

Guest x6itru

EDIT:This is the new one might fix bootloop but will have the same error as x6itru reported as I have no idea how to fix it.MIUI Is also included if anyone wants to try it.

this line is causing error :) :

set_perm(1000, 1000, 0644, "/system/etc/paranoid/properties.conf");

This file ( and directory ) just doesnt exist :P i think it can cause bootloop too, for now i have blank screen after splash logo so i dont see even bootanimation.

// miui not booting too :P

btw i have fully working MIUI but its 2.3.6 :D with 2.6.x kernel xd from v889D :)

Edited by x6itru

Guest KonstaT

If someone wants to have a try and build Paranoid Android/RootBox/PAC/what ever ROM from source, I'll be more than happy to help. My device sources are fully working and up to date. With 4.1 jellybean, porting these ROMs wouldn't even require that much of a effort. All the work is already done and it's pretty much only matter of compiling.

That said, there is just no sense in even trying to make these winzip 'ports'.

Guest robt77

Hi KonstaT,

I am literately downloading the source for rootbox 4.1.2, probably got a couple of hours left, am I right in thinking once that is complete in the device folder of Rootbox I just need to clone your sources etc for your CM10 build and once that all is done I just need to compile it, or is it more complicated than that

Any advice is greatly appreciated it.

Thanks

Guest KonstaT

Well, CM10 requires no outside changes to work. Just clone the three device repos (or add them to your manifest) and start from there. I'll try help if you encounter problems with compiling.

Guest robt77

Well, CM10 requires no outside changes to work. Just clone the three device repos (or add them to your manifest) and start from there. I'll try help if you encounter problems with compiling.

Hi KonstaT, have run into problems already. I downloaded the CM10 rootbox source https://github.com/Root-Box I cloned the three device repos, however when I tried to repo sync i got the following

error error: Cannot fetch KonstaT/android_device_zte_atlas40

error: Exited sync due to fetch errors

If you have any ideas what I have done wrong it would be appreciated,

Thanks

Guest x6itru

I've almost compiled paranoid android,but I'm getting sigsegv from java at the end :D I hate java ;__;

Edited by x6itru