XMOD: MoDaCo Toolkit for Xposed Framework

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest rmein

Any chance of getting a long press on the back button for menu again in HTC One 4.2.2 roms? There are just too many functions on that home button :wacko: and it doesn't make sense to me.

For me, the buttons should really be set up like this, but I'm not quite up to doing it myself:

Back: short press back, long press options menu (both in app functions)

Home: short press home, long press task switcher, swipe up for google now (all of which take you out of the current app)

Double taps just feel weird with fingers rather than a mouse, so I'd rather not have to do that for anything :)

Guest tooon

Hi Paul,

Did you had the opportunity to look at it? Do you think it can be done?

Sorry, I tried several HTC One options but it didn't work.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough,

I have user certificate in trusted creditential to connect to Wifi network at work. Because of that, some options are disabled in the "choose screen lock" screen :

2013_05_16_19_53_29.jpg2013_05_16_19_53_02.jpg

when I select "Enable VNP with facelock" I can choose face Unlock :

2013_05_16_20_03_48.jpg2013_05_16_19_56_08.jpg

Is it possible to enable Slide and None?

Edited by tooon

Guest melando

Am using the (built in) Xposed module in ARHD 10.3 (HTC One 4.2.2) and it seems to have no effect at all...

I have activated the framework and modules (your toolkit + App settings [DPI] module) and (fully) rebooted but neither module seems to have any effect whatsoever.

Was working fine yesterday on the stock 4.1 ROM, any ideas what might be wrong on 4.2.2?

EDIT: now seems to be working after a 3rd wipe and flash... no idea what is different now... but App settings (DPI) are still not yet working correctly

Edited by melando

Guest fbriolini

Am using the (built in) Xposed module in ARHD 10.3 (HTC One 4.2.2) and it seems to have no effect at all...

I have activated the framework and modules (your toolkit + App settings [DPI] module) and (fully) rebooted but neither module seems to have any effect whatsoever.

Was working fine yesterday on the stock 4.1 ROM, any ideas what might be wrong on 4.2.2?

EDIT: now seems to be working after a 3rd wipe and flash... no idea what is different now... but App settings (DPI) are still not yet working correctly

Hi, I have the same issue, see my post # 275 above.

I tried to reinstall ROM, Xposed framework, MoDaCo Toolkit, deactivate/activate mods, but the problem is still there.

Cheers.

F.

Guest melando

Hi, I have the same issue, see my post # 275 above.

I tried to reinstall ROM, Xposed framework, MoDaCo Toolkit, deactivate/activate mods, but the problem is still there.

Cheers.

F.

All seems to be working fine now... Someone suggested fixing permissions but I didn't need to do that in the end just kept reinstalling

PAUL: can you add an option to turn off power notifications? It is greyed out in settings

Edit maybe it is already there under system? Seems I can turn off now after all :)

Edited by melando

Guest sethzr

Hi Paul,

as it has been asked before, can you please add the option to enable NFC when screen is on and locked instead of it beein on even when the screen is off?

Thanks!

Guest anssi_s

What about multiple users on Galaxy Nexus? I don't see the option to enable multiple users in MoDaCo Toolkit. If I enable "Show users on power menu" a Users entry appears also in Settings but activating that gets me an instant reboot.

I'm running MCR Jr16 from March 28th so it's not quite the latest. Should I upgrade to that? And what happens to all this Xposed stuff (I'm using Xprivacy as well) when I upgrade ROM anyway? Does it need to be reinstalled?

Guest melando

I think OP is misleading... I don't think root is necessary so long as the xposed framework is installed eg by flashing an install zip.

I am now running quite happily without root, everything seems ok

Guest klashnikoff

Help!? Am I being thick here or does this google wallet mod only work in the us.

I have rooted, falshed custom roms (all different ones) installed framework and modaco toolkit on 15 phones and they asll get the same error.

Device not ready.

Wallet is unable to proceed untill the devixe is fully initialized?

Edited by klashnikoff

Guest eKeith

Hello Paul,

First of all, thanks for your great work. I am curious about if/when/how our devices will be receiving the "Android Master Key" patch?

I completely appreciate the approach to exploit the standardization of the Xposed framework to introduce features. However, for patches and major OS upgrades for devices you continue to support, how will such updates/upgrades be delivered?

Should we all revert to stock and then apply your Xposed patches?

What happens if the device does not receive an official 4.3? Should we move to a different custom ROM and then apply your Xposed patches?

I would appreciate your clarification on your future roadmap.

Thank you,

Keith

Guest thedicemaster

most android 2.3 and higher should've gotten a fix by now in the form of an extra verification(can be enabled/disabled in Google settings) for apps installed outside the play store, and everything on the play store has already been checked by bouncer.

Guest eKeith

most android 2.3 and higher should've gotten a fix by now in the form of an extra verification(can be enabled/disabled in Google settings) for apps installed outside the play store, and everything on the play store has already been checked by bouncer.

Thanks for your response. However, I am, as many others are, running a custom ROM with OTA updates disabled. Therefore, we would not receive the official update unless we revert to stock. Typically we flash a new build/bake when Paul rolls out an update. However, since the move to exploit the standardization of the Xposed framework, I am unclear of the way ahead...

Guest thedicemaster

Google settings is updated silently through the play store.

this means as long as you haven't deleted/frozen the play store, you should be safe.

Guest David Bate

Hi Paul,

Is it possible to add the Google+ Locations fix for the custom ROM google map glitch?

move /data/app/com.google.android.apps.plus-#.apk to system/app

move /data/app-lib/com.google.android.apps.plus-#/* to system/lib

# will be usually 1 or 2.

Thanks.

Guest eKeith

Google settings is updated silently through the play store.

this means as long as you haven't deleted/frozen the play store, you should be safe.

Hi thedicemaster,

Thanks again for sharing your knowledge. I did not know Google was pushing the update via the store.

Unfortunately, although my "Play Store" is not frozen, my Nexus apparently has not yet received the fix (according to Bluebox).

I wonder why not yet.

I will keep on the lookout.

Thanks...

Guest eKeith

Hi thedicemaster,

Thanks again for sharing your knowledge. I did not know Google was pushing the update via the store.

Unfortunately, although my "Play Store" is not frozen, my Nexus apparently has not yet received the fix (according to Bluebox).

I wonder why not yet.

I will keep on the lookout.

Thanks...

So my device did not automatically receive any silent update to address the Master bugs. Therefore I installed this XPOSED Universal patch for "Master Key" + "Bug 9695860" vulnerabilities, tested with the listed third-party apps and my device is now covered.

Guest miwaca

Could we have a patch which circumvents Google Play's region restriction? It sucks being in a position where you want to support developers by purchasing their apps but you are "barred" from doing so because of content restrictions.

Guest Zarch1972

I've got this request Paul.

The lights on the buttons on my HTC One have a mind of their own as to when they decide to light up. You can be in dark surroundings, but they are unlit, so you cover the sensor top left and they light up. Crazy.

Could you make a mod so that the buttons are always lit when the screen is on? Or something similar? :)

Guest lanlith

Hi Paul....

Is it possible to add a torch (or Flashlight) to the stock 4.2/4.3 Quick settings drop down...

Its probably the one main thing I would miss from my quick settings :-D

Thanks!

Edited by lanlith

Guest mnomaanw

Can someone help me with the "prevent app disabling" option? I tried applying it on CM10.1 but I cannot get region restricted apps to show up.....also when i change carrier name it just shows blank.

Guest plastikman187

Hi Paul,

Could you add a root check removal from the DirecTV geniego app? I have seen some modified APK's but the toolkit seems like a much better way to take care of this. the thread with the modded APK is here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2305687. Here is a link to the untouched APK https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57597076/com.directv.application.android.go.production-1.apk

Thanks!

plastikman

Edited by plastikman187