[Resolved] Plastic cracked ALREADY?! I've only had it three days!!

Guest glossywhite

Guest i am not a hacker

Calling exec office got me a replacement shipped out overnight, and when that also had a tiny crack, exec office, off their own back, gave me:

* £110 cheque refund

* Told me to keep the phone for the trouble

* £30 airtime

* My unlock code within 2 weeks

So regardless of speculation by others, take it from one who has dealt with them personally, and be reassured that they **will** get you utmost satisfaction.

No, saying they WILL get the utmost satisfaction is wrong. You just got very lucky. He MAY get the utmost satisfaction and it is very unlikely Edited by i am not a hacker

Guest glossywhite

If anyone else has the same materials defect issues as I and many others have mentioned, I am offering you all consultation via PM, in order to point you in the right direction, so as to get the best possible result from the Orange Executive Office.

I see no benefit in discussing this openly, as doubters and cynics will always exist, and try to push you off-track with negativity and speculation. I respect opinions, but then you must respect that the person with the issue has the right to *try* to get satisfaction, and by merely saying something "is very unlikely", does not make it so. I am not promising *everyone* will get satisfaction, but I am willing to help those who do not wish to do so in public, here.

I have dealt with this Orange department on about 10 occasions now, which means physically picking up the phone and dialling their number, then speaking to them. Had I sat on a forum for a week and "discussed" it with people, having not once even tried to find their number and call them, I'd still be sitting here with a broken, 3 day old San Diego, and a head full of opinions and speculation - I didn't, I took the initiative, Googled a little and took decisive action. I wish to share my gift of communication as a gift to anyone else here who is unhappy with the situation regarding quality, ergo, you may PM me and I shall point you in the right direction.

Take care all, thanks.

Edited by glossywhite

Guest Donkey Oaty

I got knocked back and told I could only call them if I had gone through ofcom first

They were very nice but I need to take it to the shop, sent for repair, be accused of breaking it myself, raise a complaint through orange and then beyond orange to ofcom to get a reference number that can be used at the executive office.

Or I can call back Monday and see if glossy whites personal contact can help.

Obviously I didn't mention names etc today

Don't want to get anyone in trouble

Guest glossywhite

I got knocked back and told I could only call them if I had gone through ofcom first

They were very nice but I need to take it to the shop, sent for repair, be accused of breaking it myself, raise a complaint through orange and then beyond orange to ofcom to get a reference number that can be used at the executive office.

Or I can call back Monday and see if glossy whites personal contact can help.

Obviously I didn't mention names etc today

Don't want to get anyone in trouble

Call them on Monday - have faith :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sang3eta

I've got the same problem 4 cracks in my Orange San Diego case after only 20 days!

I've had an Orange San Francisco/ZTE Blade for 2 years, and never had any issues with that, so this looks like a design/manufacturing fault.

Here's my video evidence...

Edited by sang3eta

Guest glossywhite

I've got the same problem 4 cracks in my Orange San Diego case after only 20 days!

I've had an Orange San Francisco/ZTE Blade for 2 years, and never had any issues with that, so this looks like a design/manufacturing fault.

Here's my video evidence...

Superb detailed video! Finally I meet someone with the same level of attention to detail as me - you ought to send that video to orange, and call then on the exec office number.

It's a fantastic phone, but in sincere honesty, I can't say I miss it one bit, especially as I have a 3GS now which has lasted all this time and is equally a joy to use :-)

Thank you for this superb video :-)

Take care, and I pray that you will have a successful resolution to the issue.

Guest Thedarkphonetech

Sorry typed it wromg. Calped executive argued with them for 20mins they refuse to give me.replacement. shall call again

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sang3eta

He.said.you need insurance

It's a common problem when you ring tech support and say it's cracked on it's own. They don't want to believe you and blame you for dropping it. I had to speak to 3 different people, it took me 32 minutes on the phone to convince them they had a problem with their plastics.

Edited by sang3eta