Nokia Lumia 520 only £99.95!

Guest hecatae

Guest hecatae

The Nokia Lumia 520 is only £99.95 on Pay as You Go, available in blue or white.

We covered the specifications of the 520 previously, but just to recap:

• Operating System: Windows Phone 8
  • Networks: WCDMA 900/2100, 850/1900/2100, GSM/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900
  • Speed: 3G HSPA+ (21Mbps)
  • Memory: 512 MB RAM, 8 GB mass memory, support for microSD cards up to 64GB, 7GB free SkyDrive storage
  • Display: 4” IPS LCD WVGA (800 x 480 pixels) 16M colors, 2D hardened glass, super sensitive touch for fingernail and glove use
  • Processor: 1 GHz Dual Core Snapdragon™
  • Camera: 5Mpix autofocus, video recording HD 720p 30fps
  • Size: 119.9 x 64 x 9.9 mm* (*volume thickness)
  • Weight: 124g
  • Connectivity: WLAN IEEE802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0, Integrated A-GPS, 3.5 mm audio connector, Micro USB with charging, USB 2.0 High Speed
  • Battery: 1430mAh
  • Audio: single digital microphone, 3.5mm AV connector, MP3 player
  • Colours: Yellow, red, cyan, white and black
    Talk time: up to 9.6 hours (on 3G)
  • Standby time: up to 360 hours

Yes, double the mass memory storage of the HTC 8S and Huawei Ascend W1, but still cheaper than them both!

TopCashBack are also offering up to £3.03 possible cashback, so the Lumia 520 could only cost £96.92!

Are you interested in picking one up? We're just in the process of updating the Windows Phone 8 device forums, so you'll be able to discuss the device here soon. :)

[Via: CPW]

gallery_19680_3_57462.jpg

Click here to view the item

Guest Simon O

I am very tempted to pick one up when I can.

Compared to the 620 this doesn't have a front camera, NFC or compass but it beats the 620 on a few things. I never use NFC or video calling so they wouldn't bother me at all. The lack of a compass is annoying though.

Guest PaulMilbank

W1 has no compass either, but 8gb internal with support for a memory card would be nice. Windows phone does seems to take up a lot more storage than Android does.

Guest unrandomsam

At least the ones compatible with WP7 and WP8 take up quite a bit of space if they are XNA but silverlight ones take basically no space at all.

The OS probably takes more but if it is a deodexed rom then you waste quite a bit more space just booting for the first time. (I think all roms should be odexed - themers should create odex'ed themes. In exchange for 100MB on the phone of every person using a (deodexed) rom themers save about 5 or 10 mins).

Guest kaizoku_san

I'm taking the plunge and going for this phone. Not for personal use, but of course I will be playing around with it :)

Guest chrisbarker

This was well timed. I am a long time Android user but recently my phone usage has changed and shrunk with my Nexus 7 taking up much of the brunt and I'm on a budget of late. Whilst looking to replace my Nexus S I borrowed a Lumia 800 from my dad.

Fantastic phone but can see myself needing Windows Phone 8 in the long run so purchased the 520 today. The build quality and screen is miles away from the 800 but really liking the OS and responsiveness.

Will be trading the 800 at CEX for 80ish as my dad wants my Nexus S. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.