Vodafone sim 128 k bug

Guest bibiboss

Guest bibiboss

Hi,

I just got a new sim card, and discover this bug, and I cannot use my phone anymore...

Sim card work on stock fw, but all custom rom fail and are not detected, I got a "no service".

I have removed the "lock sim card" feature, so now the phone can connect to the network and I can call and sms.

But there still one problem, I cannot use 3g because I can't add an apn (when I add an apn, it's not saved!).

Seems it's a know problem since more that one year, but I haven't found any solution.

Someone can confirm that, there really no way to make it work?

And what is the best solution, change the rom or maybe ask a new sim card (I don't know if this is possible or if vodafone has only 128k sim card now...).

Thanks for the help, I'm a bit desesperate xD, I tried so much things, without any success :/ I miss internet on my phone lol.

Guest bibiboss

There nothing to do so?

We can't just change settings inside the phone?

Since we are root, we can do all the things we want no?

Sorry but I'm noob with that, thanks for the help.

Guest Ianis G. Vasilev

You can delete a line from build.prop file (ro.telephony.ril_class=acer). This will make you able to switch operators, but there will be no internet. Sorry.

Guest bibiboss

I can call and sms if I don't lock the sim card (remove the pin code).

The only problem is for internet and mms now.

If you are sure there no solution, I'm going to look for a stock based rom.

Too bad I can't enjoy the great roms available here :S

Thanks.

Edited by bibiboss

• 2 weeks later...
Guest digitaldai

I just got this good deal on OVIVO (free!) which runs on vodafone network and has this bug of not allowing the APN to be inputted. So it looks like I will have to go back to stock for the moment shame As the latest CM7 hybrids are perfect. Best stock based rom anybody?

Edited by digitaldai

Guest digitaldai

thanks installed performance rom, back up and running in 30mins with mobile data!

switched to Azurmetal rom, I prefer it so far and it works fine on vodafone as stock based also.

Edited by digitaldai