SIM Unlock

Guest Andymac1969

Guest Andymac1969

We are just having a laugh, brightening up the day, nothing sinister :) we are not North Korean LSE students Great Leader :ph34r:

Guest glossywhite

We are just having a laugh, brightening up the day, nothing sinister :) we are not North Korean LSE students Great Leader :ph34r:

I didn't think it was "sinister" for even a second - I'm not paranoid, I just wondered if it was against the rules - I don't want people being banned :)

Guest glossywhite

Talking crap = Ban, Talking Chinese = Confusion, Mr Miyagi in 1987

Quite a few people talk nonsense on here - I've done so myself a few times, and thankfully been forgiven for it by the mods :)

• 5 weeks later...
Guest MrPuddington

Did anybody have any success recently? Because I called, and they were rather rude and told me I have to go through the official complaints process. I told them I was trying to for a few weeks, but I am not getting anywhere. And then he connected me to 450, argh!

Guest MrPuddington

Success. I finally got my unlock code over the phone. I am not sure which of my attempts was successful in the end - the communication "strategy" from Orange customer service is highly confusion - but I think writing a letter did the trick. I never received a response, but I did finally managed to track down the issue via the executive office. What a bizarre process.

Guest Ashbeard

No joy for me.They just told me the usual about needing to be with them six months. They even told me to get in touch with the guy I bought it off on ebay. Well considering that transaction has long since disappeared from my purchase list I don't think that was great advice.

Guest MrPuddington

No joy for me.They just told me the usual about needing to be with them six months. They even told me to get in touch with the guy I bought it off on ebay. Well considering that transaction has long since disappeared from my purchase list I don't think that was great advice.

Try in writing, they seem to be a lot more reasonable once they receive a letter. But they do like the phone to be used with the SIM that it was sold with, I heard that before. You can also check your email, whether you can still find the details of the seller, in case you need some details.

On the other hand, I had a look around, and both WhiteMobile and Vectone seem to be decent VMNOs on the Orange network, so they should work on a network locked phone.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest chief_wolfinjo

Hi :)

what about people outside UK ? I dont live in UK and soon i will get Orange San Diego device. So i need to unlock it that i could use it.

Please can someone help me ? Can i maybe send e-mail to Orange

please

Thank you

Guest Biohead

It needs to be in the UK, being used on Orange UK for at least 6 months - it's the only way to get it unlocked now. You simply won't be able to get it done any other way.

At the start of the year, Orange changed their unlocking T&Cs so a few people managed to argue that they signed up to old old ones (I know I did) - this isn't the case anymore though.

If you really want an Intel phone, that you can easily unlock then look at the Motorola RAZR i. They're not that much more expensive than the OSD sold for (£149), the build quality is 10x better and it gets the beefier 2GHz CPU.

Guest BlueMoonRising

It needs to be in the UK, being used on Orange UK for at least 6 months - it's the only way to get it unlocked now. You simply won't be able to get it done any other way.

At the start of the year, Orange changed their unlocking T&Cs so a few people managed to argue that they signed up to old old ones (I know I did) - this isn't the case anymore though.

If you really want an Intel phone, that you can easily unlock then look at the Motorola RAZR i. They're not that much more expensive than the OSD sold for (£149), the build quality is 10x better and it gets the beefier 2GHz CPU.

All true I'm afraid. If you want to unlock the sim then 100% don't buy it.