Best stock (really stock) rom

Hey guys, I was just wondering the best _stock_ ICS rom, which I cand flash via update.app.

I´ve been using B952, but RAM usage is _very_ bad. On boot, 200-300 ram is used. WTF?

I have rooted, but i read that when bootloader gets unlocked, those 2g/3g reboots starts.

Please, help me.

Guest hippy dave

If you use a stock-based rom, like Lightning or Stock+ or others, you can relock the bootloader after it's installed, to avoid the reboots.

Or if you're determined to stick to actual stock, you could use a root uninstaller to get rid of some unnecessary crap from your phone to try and help the memory usage.

I've always found that B944 is the best version of ICS I've tried, but B952 comes seriously close to it, I'd say they're equal but I'm not so sure it could be placebo.

- go back to gingerbread

Curious, what makes you say that?

If you use a stock-based rom, like Lightning or Stock+ or others, you can relock the bootloader after it's installed, to avoid the reboots.

.... why I didn´t even thing that. How I do that? (Just to be sure: every stock-based rom. Lighting, repacks etc with locked bootloader = no reboots?)

Guest kyan31
I've always found that B944 is the best version of ICS I've tried, but B952 comes seriously close to it, I'd say they're equal but I'm not so sure it could be placebo.

Curious, what makes you say that?

Because it literally is "the best stock ROM". Its fast, efficient, and most apps are still compatible with it so you can't necessarily call it old. Think about it, most apps were flawless on GB, but now terrible on ICS and even JB. That's not a complaint by the way, because I use JB as my daily driver and I love it, but if this guy really wants the best stock ROM, Gingerbread all the way.

Edited by kyan31

Guest hippy dave

.... why I didn´t even thing that. How I do that? (Just to be sure: every stock-based rom. Lighting, repacks etc with locked bootloader = no reboots?)

It restores the stock kernel so will disable overclocking and possibly other tweaks some roms may use, but yes it should work with any stock-based rom and avoid 3g-related reboots.

Guest kyan31

Oh, and this guy seems to be obsessed with RAM usage, so Gingerbread would also be better for him.

ICS: 70-100 MB free ram

GB: 200-250 MB free ram

Huawei did a very dodgy job with ICS, it has no hardware acceleration or OPENGL, so developing in general is hard. That's why custom ROMs compiled from source for this phone are usually poor in some fields, eg. gaming.

Edited by kyan31

Accidentally quoted myself, can't find the delete button either. Something's probably wrong with me lol.

Edited by kupp

Funny, I always had the impression that GB was straight up better than ICS for the normal daily usage at least, but everywhere I went people had the exact opposite opinion about it. You might just be the first that I recall at least to share my viewpoint. In all honesty I never spent much time with GB and updated to ICS in a day or so after getting the G300 (my first android too) but I've been wanting to roll back to it for quite some time now, the only thing I think it's stopping me from doing it is that I enjoy the overall look of the ICS better, and simply the feeling of having the latest version, even if really is worse. Dumb maybe, but hey...

If it's not too much to aks, what's the latest version of Huawei's GB? All I have is a nandroid backup of the vodafone version that came with the phone. For some reason I can't find it in the Huawei website, only the ICS install.

Edited by kupp

Guest kyan31

Funny, I always had the impression that GB was straight up better than ICS for the normal daily usage at least, but everywhere I went people had the exact opposite opinion about it. You might just be the first that I recall at least to share my viewpoint. In all honesty I never spent much time with GB and updated to ICS in a day or so after getting the G300 (my first android too) but I've been wanting to roll back to it for quite some time now, the only thing I think it's stopping me from doing it is that I enjoy the overall look of the ICS better, and simply the feeling of having latest version, even if really is worse. Dumb maybe, but hey...

If it's not too much to aks, what's the latest version of Huawei's GB? All I have is a nandroid backup of the vodafone version that came with the phone. For some reason I can't find it in the Huawei website, only the ICS install.

That's also the one thing that holds me back, the look, and the loss of ICS/JB features eg google now, panorama etc.

Anyway, I believe that B885 is the latest version (or it could be B895, I can't even remember the names anymore)

Actually, you should probably ask someone who knows GB a little better :P

Edited by kyan31

Thanks, both of you. Think I'll indeed try the downgrade and see how the phone behaves, pretty curious to explore GB and it's custom roms too. :)

Yeah.. Thanks ^^ I´ll think it´s time to try GB. Alltought I´m going to miss screenshot"integration".

Edit: I tried B960-repack some days ago, and there was ~200MB ram free on start, B952 had only ~100MB. Maybe I´ll switch back and lock bootloader and hope that will help.

Edited by Guest

Guest Rico_89

I installed the CWM repack of B952 and I have to say it's the best rom I've used so far. My brother had a stock G300 and upgraded the official way to B952, and like some of you, he found it laggy and slow, so I installed the repack and his phone is as smooth and fast as mine. If you have CWM installed you might want to try it out.