Help, I've lost backup

Guest nabby21

Guest nabby21

So I backed up my apps and data using the default app that was on infusion B07. "GO backup". I then redownloaded it on the new rom I am trying, CM9.1 and I cant find my backed up data anywhere. Some of it was really important like the "notes" app. Please can anyone help me retrieve this data

Guest kyan31

Mount your phone to a computer, look on your internal and external storage spaces. Maybe it's there?

Edited by kyan31

Guest nsmacd1

It should be /mnt/sdcard/GOBackup/ by default - Maybe it was changed to save to the internal storage instead and got wiped during the ROM update?

Try to browse the SD card using a PC and see if it is there. Good luck!

There should be a GoBackUp folder in the root of the SD card. If so, then re-install GoBackUp and if it doesn't find it automatically, then try the settings to see if you can browse to the location.

Edited by nsmacd1

Guest Costy88031

Go to settings/storage and set default memory different than now. After that open again GOBackup and surely you will see your backups

Guest nabby21

Thank you everyone for the responses. Ok so I found it on my memory card in the GO backup folder, and can see many of the files in their, but I am confused on how I am meant to restore them? I tried to download the GO backup app again, but when I did, it showed no backups to restore, so how do I restore the apps and data?

Guest kyan31
Thank you everyone for the responses. Ok so I found it on my memory card in the GO backup folder, and can see many of the files in their, but I am confused on how I am meant to restore them? I tried to download the GO backup app again, but when I did, it showed no backups to restore, so how do I restore the apps and data?

If it is on your internal SD, move it to the external SD and try restoring. If it is on the external SD, put it in the internal SD.

Guest nabby21

Its on my external SD card that I backed it up to initially, in the GO backup folder. So how do I restore it? It doesnt show when I launch the GO backup app, it shows there is nothing to restore.

Also, when I go to settings and storage, I dont see the option to set SD as my default, as I did on infusion

Edited by nabby21

Guest nabby21

Thanks for the help, you're life savers. Copied it over as you suggested, went back to GO backup and it was there. Got all my data back. Thanks again. Now running CM9.1 with all my data and its feeling smooth and good so far. Any way to set sd card as default storage place though? I dont see the option in storage settings