'battery tweaks'

Guest topcat07

Guest topcat07

Hi everyone,

Just 'discovered ' (everyone else will know this I would guess) But clicking settings battery>menu button >battery tweaks brings up some options processor frequency etc

What is the optimal settings in this screen for battery life? What have you got everything set at?

Thanks

Edited by topcat07

Guest topcat07
Leave it as it is, you'll get no benefit changing it.

What is your processor frequency on? I changed mine and can not remember what from

Guest glossywhite

What is your processor frequency on? I changed mine and can not remember what from

Hi. The CPU default is 600Mhz, and the governor default is "onDemand" :)

As for the comment about there being no benefit in changing it, I would have to agree, since 600Mhz is the lowest setting for the CPU, as is "onDemand" for the governor.

Edited by glossywhite

Guest BlueMoonRising

The processor speed in the settings is actually a MINIMUM processor speed(when awake), not as you would think a maximum. Since most will spend the majority of the time awake at 600MHz all you will do is use up your battery. If you want to throttle the maximum speed you need to use a separate app(and be rooted obviously).