[ROM][JB]-Android Open Kang Project for the Huawei Ascend G300. R2 Updated: 22/4/2013

Guest raverrr

Guest raverrr

How I could do this only flashing this rom? There is really important stuff to me, this is insane! Android File Manager is SHOWING all the files, CW recovery is showing all the files, just the rom isn't recognizing the photos, music and also pc is not showing anything if it is connected through usb cable

Make sure USB mass storage is enabled in settings/storage/menu.

And... Try a diffrent card to see if it is a card problem.

As for any REALY IMPORTANT files you may or may not have lost....my heart bleeds but you should make backups if your hacking your phone.

Guest Gabrielius

Thank's, connection recovered when turning from MTP to USB mass storage :) Well still, gallery is not showing pictures that were in the SD card and when I turn on the gallery it turns off without any crash notification after minute or two. So what I can do with the gallery it self. Tried to switching to another phone, it is not showing photos there, how ever I can review photos on both phones using file manager, it looks like the gallery cannot reach directory of photos or something.. And I would be glad if you would tell me how automatic restore could be enabled (it is enabled in settings but still no apps are restoring)

Guest raverrr

One question: Why is this not based on the 4.2.2 version of Android?

Because 4.2.2 is harder to build. To put it plainly lol. I might do a 4.2.2 version in the future but then again i might not. i'm toying with the idea of getting a g510. If i do i'll be returning my g300 to stock and giving it away.

Guest raverrr

Thank's, connection recovered when turning from MTP to USB mass storage :) Well still, gallery is not showing pictures that were in the SD card and when I turn on the gallery it turns off without any crash notification after minute or two. So what I can do with the gallery it self. Tried to switching to another phone, it is not showing photos there, how ever I can review photos on both phones using file manager, it looks like the gallery cannot reach directory of photos or something.. And I would be glad if you would tell me how automatic restore could be enabled (it is enabled in settings but still no apps are restoring)

Pass... working fine for me. Did you follow flash instructions and follow with a reboot?

Guest Andymac1969

Because 4.2.2 is harder to build. To put it plainly lol. I might do a 4.2.2 version in the future but then again i might not. i'm toying with the idea of getting a g510. If i do i'll be returning my g300 to stock and giving it away.

Don't toy GET IT, IT'S FANTASTIC lol

Guest Gabrielius

Pass... working fine for me. Did you follow flash instructions and follow with a reboot?

yup, followed all instructions and tried to reflash it 2 times actually :/ Or maybe here is the problem - do I have to turn on the phone after flashing rom and only then reboot back in to recovery to flash gaps. I flashed them both in one time.

Guest raverrr

Don't toy GET IT, IT'S FANTASTIC lol

I want to ... i really do. but 1- my best friend will disown my for spending money on a phone without his consent (i know a bit strange... he force feeds me phones. I dont usually get much of a choice in the matter lol) And 2-it's still 130 kwid...Thats a lot of money.

Not this month, not next month, maybe the month after...

Guest Andymac1969

I want to ... i really do. but 1- my best friend will disown my for spending money on a phone without his consent (i know a bit strange... he force feeds me phones. I dont usually get much of a choice in the matter lol) And 2-it's still 130 kwid...Thats a lot of money.

Not this month, not next month, maybe the month after...

I part funded mine by putting the G300 on Ebay, hence why i'd like a stable ROM on it for it's departure on Saturday lol

Guest raverrr

yup, followed all instructions and tried to reflash it 2 times actually :/ Or maybe here is the problem - do I have to turn on the phone after flashing rom and only then reboot back in to recovery to flash gaps. I flashed them both in one time.

ROM then Gapps in one go. After wipes of course.

Guest raverrr

I part funded mine by putting the G300 on Ebay, hence why i'd like a stable ROM on it for it's departure on Saturday lol

Already thought of part funding but my missus needs an upgrade from her htc salsa. she would be gutted if i sold my g300, she has had her eye on it for a while lol

Guest raverrr

Anyway, back to business... The last build broke button backlights, and i still have auto brightness to fix, I'm also setting the minimum aloud brightness to 10% so thats 5% less than usual.

Guest raverrr

Ah it would seem signal bars cannot be themed anyway...only when you set it to text (tested)

From one of the AOKP devs:

""Signal text is just that .. text and easy to apply a color attribute too.

the Signal meter is an image (png) .. so it's part of the image .. a little harder to color.

So yes, its by design.""

Guest raverrr

Building...With a potential auto brightness fix, also added Apollo and reduced minimum screen brightness by 5%.

Struggeling with the location problem tho. I'll keep at it

Guest Gabrielius

This is insane.. I've spent hours trying to make gallery and music work and it still shows empty.. Deleted all .nomedia files, tried different ForceScan apps, tried to enable media scanner manualy through terminal and still nothing.. There is something in that card that stops mediascanner from looking into the folders

Edited by Gabrielius

Guest raverrr

This is insane.. I've spent hours trying to make gallery and music work and it still shows empty.. Deleted all .nomedia files, tried different ForceScan apps, tried to enable media scanner manualy through terminal and still nothing.. There is something in that card that stops mediascanner from looking into the folders

I had a dying sd card once. It was an 8 gig class 10 that i had since the blade days. What i did to "revive it" was repartition it in TWRP. I made a 512 mb partition for apps to sd and the remaining 7 and a bit gig got formatted, fixing whatever the problem was. It's still working fine now.

Obviously this ill delete everything on there so if you try it... backup first

Guest raverrr

can someone please test it on antutu? thanks

Same as cm 10. And antutu is good for comparing devices but not ROMs. The scores vary massively. I could set my phone up to score sub 3000 or I could make it score 5000.

If you must know tho, I just scored a little over 4300, overclocked