[ROM][JB]-Android Open Kang Project for the Huawei Ascend G300. R2 Updated: 22/4/2013

Guest raverrr

Guest Gabrielius

Well I liked your rom better than the Electra ROM, but I have to admit - I tried everything to make sd card work properly on your rom, but even when formated the card gallery wasn't working, it was crashing without notification of crash. Once I have flashed Electra rom - everything is working properly. Also, google restore is working on Electra and I couldn't get it working on your ROM

Edited by Gabrielius

Guest raverrr

Well I liked your rom better than the Electra ROM, but I have to admit - I tried everything to make sd card work properly on your rom, but even when formated the card gallery wasn't working, it was crashing without notification of crash. Once I have flashed Electra rom - everything is working properly. Also, google restore is working on Electra and I couldn't get it working on your ROM

Unlucky, if you ever find out what you did wrong let us know.

Guest predragiPredrag

Google restore is working on CM based ROMs, but I never have seen AOPK roms with this option working :)

Guest raverrr

I agree, QuickPic is the best ;)

Used to use it but I'm not a fan of the newer versions. I just stick to inbuilt gallery. Very good app tho.

Guest Gabrielius

@gabrielius

why do you need gallery so badly?

Get quickpic instead.

Well this could be the option, but you see, the same happens with my music files. Music player and Gallery are crashing by them selves, well not crashing with notification that this app has crashed, but those programs just simply turns off. I have flashed different roms today like 5 or 6 times, but still I'll give it a try with quickpic and other music player :D

Guest raverrr

Well this could be the option, but you see, the same happens with my music files. Music player and Gallery are crashing by them selves, well not crashing with notification that this app has crashed, but those programs just simply turns off. I have flashed different roms today like 5 or 6 times, but still I'll give it a try with quickpic and other music player :D

Try a fresh download, make sure you do the appropriate wipes, install the right gapps package. Boot, then reboot after a few minutes of letting it load up and settle. There is no reason the ROM shouldn't work for you to unless of a hardware fault or something your not doing right. If it still doesn't work try posting your exact procedure here

Peace

Guest andy/newbie

the same happond to me ,so i did full wipes and reflashed and all ok,not a problem since

Guest Gabrielius

After full wipes, reflashing, reformating card still gallery isn't showing anything, but it's not a problem. I found Quickpic app as a great replacement :)

Guest ku8az

Hi, I tried to give a chance to your ROM and I like it. It has a way more settings than CM has but I found some apps which are not working (and with CM ROMs work ok). It is Navizon and Waze. Logcats appended. "fresh" ones are right after fresh install/delete app data. If you could fix this I'm pretty sure your ROM will settle in my phone :)

Navizon shows login screen and after putting of credential it show message that login was ok and than FC and right after then FC again. Waze just show splash screen and then closes without any message of it.

navizon-err.zip

waze-err.zip

Guest Buffalo Soldier

Great rom raverrr, looking forward to see where will this go, I have only one bug so far. My mobile.tv app is not showing any video, just audio.

Edit: I would also be very happy if you could find a way to put 2G/3G and brightness switch in notification toggles.

And also Skype and Viber are not working for me. :(

Edited by Buffalo Soldier

Guest tillaz

can someone please send me the Framework.jar from this ROM,

also if your on this ROM and interested in trying out the new CoverFlow layout for the theme chooser send me a PM

after a few tests i will make a guide how to include it from source, should anyone want to include it in there build :)

and a guide to add it via smali hacks, for people who don't build from source.

post-913969-0-11508300-1366912455_thumb.png

here is an example of what a CoverFlow layout is is you don't know

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HENeBbZmMhI

Guest raverrr

can someone please send me the Framework.jar from this ROM,

also if your on this ROM and interested in trying out the new CoverFlow layout for the theme chooser send me a PM

after a few tests i will make a guide how to include it from source, should anyone want to include it in there build :)

and a guide to add it via smali hacks, for people who don't build from source.

post-913969-0-11508300-1366912455_thumb.png

here is an example of what a CoverFlow layout is is you don't know

https://www.youtube....h?v=HENeBbZmMhI

Looks cool :) If i'm still rocking my g300 when it's ready i'll include it :)

Guest tillaz

THIS VERSION IS ONLY FOR THIS ROM

if people want to test it here it is.

make a back up first,

this was made for 4.2, but think it wont really matter because of the way its done

here is the .zip to test,

i built the original from source, this is the .smail hack version i put together for testing (for obvious reason's)

if it works on the G300 i will write a guide on how to do it both ways (source / hack) smile.png

EDIT

removed links for now as there seems to be a problem on the g300 :blink:

will make a new thread when i figger it out

Guest andy/newbie

THIS VERSION IS ONLY FOR THIS ROM

if people want to test it here it is.

make a back up first,

this was made for 4.2, but think it wont really matter because of the way its done

here is the .zip to test, http://www.solidfile...m/d/908ff352b9/

i built the original from source, this is the .smail hack version i put together for testing (for obvious reason's)

if it works on the G300 i will write a guide on how to do it both ways (source / hack) smile.png

EDIT

try this if the first one fails

http://www.solidfile.../d/282f5968d5//

PM me a logcat with this one if it don't work

trying it now thanks

themes fc,ill try again,should i wipe cashe and devlk?

Edited by andy/newbie

Guest plewis1981

@tillaz could you PLEASE provide a mirror giffgaff seem to have a problem with solid files, unless I am tethered to my laptop, but I am currently running R1 and so have no tethering.

Guest y4ss1n

would be awesome if you could fix autobrightness, thats the only thing keeping me from using this rom

thanks for ur efforts

Edited by y4ss1n

Guest telonius

Third party camera apps doesn't work.. same as cm10. :(

Yeap that's the only thing pushing me back from this rom. On CM9 changelog dazzozo mentions about a commit from CM10.1 that fixes third party camera apps. What is that commit? Maybe you can push it here and fix this.