[RECOVERY][ALL] Official TWRP 2.7.1.0 & Root [01/08/2014]

Guest Kra1o5

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ZolaIII

Installing TWRP recovery from Android OS!

Requirements: root & unlocked boot loader.

Download & install the Recovery Flasher Utility from market: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=acr.recovery.installation.utility

Download official TPRW recovery image for you're phone:

http://www.teamw.in/project/twrp2

Rename to: recovery.img

Start the app & install the recovery!

If the touch in the recovery doesn't work install from market a goo menager app & with option flash roms initiate rom instalation from Android OS!

Market link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.s0up.goomanager

Have fun!

P's naw both phones (G510 & Y300) have there one official recovery images so please choose one according to your model!

Edited by ZolaIII

Guest ZolaIII

hi folks..how do i go about unrooting and flashing stock recovery please...need to return mine to CPW

Uninstall recovery (binary) & fast boot flash original firmware from dload...

Guest ShadeStorm98

any more detailed instructions on that recovery flasher utility? Can't be bothered to plug my phone in atm

Edited by ShadeStorm98

Guest Risto

My version is G510-0200V100R001C185B180 phone is from MTS - Serbia.

Would it be possible for me to root and unlock it?

I saw that b180 is on y300 and g520.

I would like to make recovery for my stock rom

Edited by Risto

Guest dumitru1984

This method is not working for me i have a unlocked bootloader and i have root but i can’t flash the recovery.

It sais in adb that i don't have root permissions to flash wat can i do i have g510 0100 b170 vodafone romania

Guest KenBW2

This method is not working for me i have a unlocked bootloader and i have root but i can’t flash the recovery.

It sais in adb that i don't have root permissions to flash wat can i do i have g510 0100 b170 vodafone romania

Are you using Linux? If so prefix your command with "sudo"

Guest dumitru1984

It does't work i tried in windows and in linux and the method with the phone but didn't work .another way somone knows thanks.

Guest ZolaIII

It does't work i tried in windows and in linux and the method with the phone but didn't work .another way somone knows thanks.

what is exactly model number of your device?

It's not possible that it is working for everyone else bat not for you!

Guest dumitru1984

g510-0100v100r001c02b170 the problem is that if i type adb devices with mi phone on adb recognize the device but in fastboot no

Guest unknown_android

I have the Y-300

I've unlocked the bootloader, I've installed different version of the recovery but none of them allow the touch to work, I don't see how I can use it. I've tried following the suggestions to fix this, I downloaded the "InstallTWRP" zip and folder, ran the install bat. Same issue, touch is no existent.

Also downloaded "TWRP-LEWA" and tried running the install.bat but it couldn't find my device oddly.

Any suggestions?

-Edit-

I followed some instructions elsewhere, someone else had the same problem and it's resolved it for me.

Edited by unknown_android

Guest ZolaIII

Install the twrp - recovery.img from android or adb!

Use original image's from site or one's provided with specific costume rom!

For instructions for installing under Android see me post on this trade!

For all others that have dload instal script (zip) you can change recovery.img inside be replacing it with new one or specific provided with costume rom if you really like to use this method!

Please upload it as a sample to some normal sharing service like zippyshare & post the link on this trade!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest anything-but

Unlocked bootloader,installed TWRP,but on backing up the screen goes blank and have to pull the battery.

Now,as i`m used to CWM usually,is the backup continuing while the screen goes blank or is there a error/something i`m not doing correctly?

NM...managed to sort it,needed to apply the Y300 TWRP from their site using the recovery method http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/166 . all working now.

Edited by anything-but

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kra1o5

Would the official TWRP recovery V2.6 for Huawei Y300, also work for Huawei ascend G510-100 model as well?

I make recovery for both. You need to use specific for your device.

PD: OP updated added new version & Y300 (U8833 support) & New Superuser method.

Greetings

Guest MadHatterRyu

I make recovery for both. You need to use specific for your device.

PD: OP updated added new version & Y300 (U8833 support) & New Superuser method.

Greetings

Thankyou once again :D much appreciated!!!

Guest Clarkiieh

I have the Y-300

I've unlocked the bootloader, I've installed different version of the recovery but none of them allow the touch to work, I don't see how I can use it. I've tried following the suggestions to fix this, I downloaded the "InstallTWRP" zip and folder, ran the install bat. Same issue, touch is no existent.

Also downloaded "TWRP-LEWA" and tried running the install.bat but it couldn't find my device oddly.

Any suggestions?

-Edit-

I followed some instructions elsewhere, someone else had the same problem and it's resolved it for me.

Please care to share?

Greetings to all. :) I have two questions/ application.

1. I didn't understand quite well, do I need to have unlocked bootloader so I could root my g510?

2. Is possible, if anyone have spare time, to create a video "how to root" and "how to install custom rom" for peoples who aren't that much skilled?

Thanks