unlock SIMBLOCK

Guest sharkyo01

Guest george109

If you enter the PIN or PUK wrong too many times, the phone gets locked / Blocked from use, to unlock you need to call your network providers help line and ask for the PUK ("P U K" not "Puck" :P )

but if you are talking about a SIM block, this is where the phone is "locked" to only be used on one network. This is usually because the network provider sells phones with a discount and paying for a contract / topping ip conves the cost, and pays back the expense usually within a year.

Guest sharkyo01

Makes sense, the silly thing is it sim blocked on the IMEI 0 my bad keep updating and degrading hoping i will fix this sd problem. So if i rewrite the correct IMEI the phone it will sorted the problem out?

Thanks for the fast reply... But I thought my phone was "puck"!

Wrote the IMEI to it still comes up unlock SIMBLOCK. Even tried changing the Sim Card... in deeper shite then i thought.

Edited by sharkyo01

Guest george109

Makes sense, the silly thing is it sim blocked on the IMEI 0 my bad keep updating and degrading hoping i will fix this sd problem. So if i rewrite the correct IMEI the phone it will sorted the problem out?

Thanks for the fast reply... But I thought my phone was "puck"!

Wrote the IMEI to it still comes up unlock SIMBLOCK. Even tried changing the Sim Card... in deeper shite then i thought.

Its usually the IMEI, as most networks need an IMEI. (O2 / GiffGaff doesn't)

If you follow this guide, you can fix your IMEI and also unlock your phone too.

Edited by george109

Guest george109

Guide about how to fix something stuck on a logo... I know the guide you mean i don't think its going to work!

Sorry, Wrong Link! :wacko: Changing now..

Edited by george109

Guest sharkyo01

Well your right. Thanks!

But back the same problem again.. what's the best stocked ROM? Or best stock modded rom, having problems with the sd card keep ejecting for no reason.

edit my bad english...

Edited by sharkyo01

Guest Combat Gerbil

The sdcard is a problem with all stock ROMs, I would recommend CyanogenMod 9, as that is a "clean" ICS ROM

I've not had any problems with our 32gb SD's on either stock 952 (wifes phone) or my own stock 960.. so not quite true..

Edited by Combat Gerbil

Guest george109

I've not had any problems with our 32gb SD's on either stock 952 (wifes phone) or my own stock 960.. so not quite true..

I know, some are fine and some break. I also had the unmounting problem, and that was just the last straw with the s**t stock ROM!

Guest sharkyo01

Well been out got the same phone as my dad, hes got the same sd as me firmware etc etc etc (it is not a crappy SD either brought a 16gb sandisk ultra for android) ... But my sd keeps unmounting tried it in my camera plus other sd devices and no problem at all just really really odd! Changed firmwares, kernels you name it i have tried it!

Just makes little sense to me, all the same hardware / firmware just my luck! Found a lot of info on problems with them sd cards on google with androids so at least am not the only one! .

Guest george109

Well been out got the same phone as my dad, hes got the same sd as me firmware etc etc etc (it is not a crappy SD either brought a 16gb sandisk ultra for android) ... But my sd keeps unmounting tried it in my camera plus other sd devices and no problem at all just really really odd! Changed firmwares, kernels you name it i have tried it!

Just makes little sense to me, all the same hardware / firmware just my luck! Found a lot of info on problems with them sd cards on google with androids so at least am not the only one! .

Which ROM are you using, is it the stock (original) one?

Guest sharkyo01

We both on 'B952' ... with the same kernel because i got him to send me his kernel!

Good old weird problems with technology keeps me busy playing with it...

Guest fr0do

so your dad's is/was fine. You got a bad card.

Guest sharkyo01

Card is fine tried it in other devices and ran a number tests on it, nothing shows it self to be corrupt or bad. Put in to my phone and it plays up like a so badly. Put a different SD card in and nothing happens so its no the phone!

Hence my why I am confused...

**-Just an update... My phone does not even turn on any more... So guess am ringing up Hauwei tomorrow morning to send it off. Am not taking it back to vodafone because the last one i took back with dust under the screen there went all funny about it!-**

Edited by sharkyo01

Guest george109

Card is fine tried it in other devices and ran a number tests on it, nothing shows it self to be corrupt or bad. Put in to my phone and it plays up like a so badly. Put a different SD card in and nothing happens so its no the phone!

**-Just an update... My phone does not even turn on any more... So guess am ringing up Hauwei tomorrow morning to send it off. Am not taking it back to vodafone because the last one i took back with dust under the screen there went all funny about it!-**

First try this:

1. Turn Off the phone, and unplug it.

2. Take out the battery

3. Plug it in.

See if that "revives" it...

also, I would take it back to the shop, as from what I hear, Huawei support is not the best to say the least! :P

Guest sharkyo01

Well had it 28 days tomorrow, returned one and it had dust under the screen after 3 days and have to say vodafone where not happy to say the least! Been trying to load in to cwm which is installed and no luck at all. So what do you think take it back to the shop?

Dunno how there going to take it! Any help on what to say?

Edited by sharkyo01

Guest george109

If they get fussy at the shop, say this:

Under the Supply of Goods & Services Act 1982; This item is of an unsatisfactory quality and unfit for purpose (as it does not turn on). By refusing a refund/exchange, you are denying me my statutory rights, and breaking the law.

That usually gets me a replacement/ refund! :P

Guest george109

Also, if you paid by credit card, you could also chargeback. but only if they have denied a replacement as if the bank finds that you have been abusing it, then they can charge you back too! its also fraud

Edited by george109

Guest sharkyo01

http://whatconsumer....bit-chargeback/

Seems I can!

Any amount of money on a visa debit. Worth spreading the word that is well worth knowing...

"But did you know that you can also claim the money back if you have paid on your Visa Debit card? And unlike your credit card, which imposes a minimum spend of £100, you can claim back any amount of money."

Edited by sharkyo01