Best ROM?

Guest 66yyhhnn66

Guest george109
we'd better make a comparison topic about the different rom. I'm agree with Kyan, there is no ONE best rom, but several rom with several options/mods/tweaks...

i'll try to explain:

-Make a new thread (or add element to this one --> http://www.modaco.co...updated-090313/ )

-Give for every rom 3 positive/negative point

-give a antutu average score.

-maybe give a average autonomie (battery)

with this few data, user can "oriented" her choice in fonction of what it search...

This is a good idea, but what happens is the poll resets each month, and new ROMs are added, so we have like a "ROM of the month" thread

• 1 month later...
Guest cfcboy

Sorry guys, new to android modding (former apple man :( converted). Im due to get a G300 this week and looking to install the Slim ICS V13 but cant find it. Could someone point me in the right direction if possible? Thanks

Guest worg3

I actually was questioning myself on which ROM is better with games.

I've tried many like SLIM, CM9, CM10, Stock+, Baidu, MIUI and so on. But I can't distinguish which performs better.

As I lag in some games that in another ROM I don't. And vice-versa.

Edited by worg3

Guest Stefan1803

I actually was questioning myself on which ROM is better with games.

I've tried many like SLIM, CM9, CM10, Stock+, Baidu, MIUI and so on. But I can't distinguish which performs better.

As I lag in some games that in another ROM I don't. And vice-versa.

If you want gaming on your rom you should use gb and ics roms. If you go on jb you'll find more features, but less battery life and gaming performance. The best rom i ever used for playing games was CM9, and its battery life is good too!

• 1 month later...
Guest noobordumb

Which ROM is best suited for hardcore gaming (Modern Combat 4,N.O.V.A 3)?

Sorry if this was answered because I didn't have the the time to look through the thread

Guest kyan31
Which ROM is best suited for hardcore gaming (Modern Combat 4,N.O.V.A 3)?

Sorry if this was answered because I didn't have the the time to look through the thread

Haha, you'll never play those games on a G300 :lol:

Think smaller, like Tetris or pong.

Guest noobordumb

Your Electra ROM was the best ROM for my needs with Hardware Acceleration through the battery life stinks most likly because of Hardware Acceleration.Hope you get your replacement quicker! :D :D :ph34r: :D :D

Guest kyan31
Your Electra ROM was the best ROM for my needs with Hardware Acceleration through the battery life stinks most likly because of Hardware Acceleration.Hope you get your replacement quicker! :D :D :ph34r: :D :D

Don't worry, when my replacement comes Electra will be updated to a more later version of CM along with lots of new performance changes and features :D

Hi. Probably you'll all laugh, but even I go through many articles, I couldn't found some satisfaction answer. :wacko:

And what's the question is? Simple (and difficult altogether):

Which ROM for G300 U8815 (2030 baseband vers.) is good in those viewpoints:

- free of all stupid apps such a qype, google+, facebook, fmradio, talk and similar...

- good stability and battery lifetime. (no crashes, no restarts, no lags, easy to kill running apps...)

Mostly I use it (except calling and messaging, of course) for navigation, geocaching and some e-mails quick check. Sometimes I launch Word Hero or simple card games, but it's pointless.

I do not use it for gaming, video/movie watching or multimedia. So this ROM can be also free of any multimedia player.

So... any suggestion?

Will be really appreciated. Thanks! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest luunatiq

B895-slim V7 for me probably the best rom i used . It's GB on 2030 baseband with the ics to gb patch .

how do i solve the low calling sound volume problem?

edited: i solved it! best rom indeed if you make minor changes

Edited by luunatiq

• 2 weeks later...

B953 Slim V13 - result: almost 5 days without charger. Not bad, not bad :)

2013_09_07_164036_zpsbaa236f9.png

Can I ask what your usage profile is like as I find battery performance such as this with the standard battery hard to believe unless you hardly use the phone and switch a lot of things off (e.g. 2G data only or none at all, no wifi (but it's on above), few calls, not much browsing etc.).

Edited by dalyer

• 2 months later...

Can I ask what your usage profile is like as I find battery performance such as this with the standard battery hard to believe unless you hardly use the phone and switch a lot of things off (e.g. 2G data only or none at all, no wifi (but it's on above), few calls, not much browsing etc.).

Hi dalyer. Sorry for late answer, I was a bit busy.

You're right, I do not make many calls, neither use phone for gaming or movie watching, intensively browsing (stupid idea to do it on 4" screen, if I have 15" and 24" available, right?) or any another battery consuming activity. I have phone mostly "to be available and when I need to call or text". I know, for such simply reason it would enough dumb non-smartphone, half size and weight, cost 30Eur and stay ready for week or more.

But sometimes I need to check emails, also using phone for ebay trade, geocaching, using camera and some another apps. It's better to have one device for all those things, than buy more devices just for exact use.

I decided to wipe built-in mod because was full of vodafone and other crap, constantly running and not possible to kill it.

It's also about lifestyle. For example, one of first thing, what I want to kill, was social apps, such a facebook or g+ and similar. I think people should live a priori real life and THEN share something interesting with friends or family, if it's worth it. And believe me, 90% of FB posts are worthless. People live virtual life and are trapped for checking status every couple minutes, who post what... Mostly because they have no idea how to turn off those apps (and be frank, most of them are not possible to turn off), so they get used to be "online" all the time.

I do not prefer same lifestyle attitude and even I don't like it, I must accept running facebook all the time. So I change mod and it's much better.

Besides lifestyle is also important, that I can't use phone in work. It's safety restriction, as we working with sensitive and valuable customer data, private things, accounts and credit card numbers and so on... So phone is switched to airplane mode and stored in locker room, almost full 8 hrs. During night also I don't need to be disturbed by anybody, by intention or mistake, so another 4-5 hours is again in airplane mode. That's huge saving of energy and even I have such settings with previous mod, not too much difference I get, because even in airplane mode many apps and processes running and consume energy.

I do not use any data, all data sync are via home or work wifi. I have prepay program, and it's quite enough for me, 25 euro charge can last for 2-3 months.

I hope it's good enough answer. If you need to know more, just let me know. :)

Thanks. Useful reply. 4 days+ is impressive battery lifetime but some of your profile probably explains that alright.

Even after tweaking things I can only get c. 2 days on most ROMs (currently CM7).

Admittedly I could probably tweak things more aggressively (e.g. schedule switch (e.g. Tasker,Llama etc.) to airplane type mode at night etc.) but I haven't gone that far.