[ROM][02-05-2013] Revolution HD (Pure 5.0) for LAVA iris 501 / Prestigio PAP5000 DUO - Jelly Bean

Guest fahad.sagittarius

Guest fahad.sagittarius

This ROM is based on official Lava / Prestigio Jelly Bean Android 4.1.1

post-952737-0-87406300-1367514500_thumb. post-952737-0-45467600-1367514504_thumb.

post-952737-0-05418600-1367514507_thumb. post-952737-0-69692300-1367514509_thumb.

update_jb_revolution_chocolate.zip

https://docs.google....DFNMkc2eDQ/edit

MD5: 302faadddade0b7c693d92c00e9c0a65

Features:

• Complete stock Android 4.1 look in terms of app icons
  • Included Android 4.2 Google Clock and Camera/Gallery apps
  • Based on official Android 4.1.1 ROM (Stock kernel)
  • User customize-able installation based on AROMA installer
  • Integrated the latest version of Google apps
  • Rooted (no need to root phone with third party applications) with SuperUser application (v3.1.3) and su binary (v3.1.1)
  • Busybox installed
  • Updated APN list
  • Replaced libs
  • Trimmed plenty of useless stuff
  • Apks resigned, compressed, optimized and zipaligned
  • Changed default wallpaper
  • Added adfree hosts file - almost no ads (please support app developers by buying their apps instead)
  • Replaced launcher
  • Added support for the following languages: Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, German, Greek, Spanish, Farsi, Finish, French, Hindi, Croatian, Hungarian, Italian, Hebrew, Japanese, Korean, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil), Slovenian, Serbian, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian and Urdu

Vanilla version:
    Same as above, except:
    • No AROMA installer
    • Stock Clock and Camera/Gallery apps

Please don't ask for add-ons to add this or that combination of the above features, I'm not going to make any.

update_jb_revolution_vanilla.zip

https://docs.google....VZVclVpLXc/edit

MD5: 0e04fc0d21374a7c42e97eb9048a5961

Known bugs:

[*]Some users might have to wipe battery stats from the recovery if they face battery drain problem

Add-ons:

update_prestigio_PAP5000T_DUO.zip (Changes Lava Branding to Prestigio Branding)

http://mediafire.com/?yyjgk6z89v87wfc

MD5: 9389216eb01ba2cbc763b4bb1ffc0650

Benchmarks:

Quadrant Benchmark : 3076

Antutu Benchmark : 6682

NenaMark 2 : 27.8 fps

Linpack : Single : 41, Multi : 65

Credits & gratitude:

Thanks to Akash for his work with kernel

Thanks to Koush for his wonderfull CWM recovery

Thanks to Amarullz for his amazing AROMA installer

And finally to all the devs whose apps, tweaks and scripts I have used on my custom ROMs

Edited by fahad.sagittarius

Guest fahad.sagittarius

How much free ram you get for this ROM? Is it worth the try?

Free ram is around 190 mb. Wait till tomorrow. I will release an update for this rom which will be based on Aroma Installer :)

What is this 450 mb partition size requirement? Can't I install the ROM without any such partition?

If you have upgraded to Jelly Bean and got cwm or twrp recovery installed, you can flash this rom without any problem. But i would suggest you to wait till tomorrow for the next release !!

Guest drateeq

Hi. I am getting one strange problem after I upgraded to jelly bean and deleted all the trial apps, asphalt6, we chat, hike etc.using titanium backup, that while charging I get a message saying "your battery is over current protection. Remove battery." also the battery drains out like anything. I don't know why this problem has appeared, whether it is due to jb update or the removal of some apps or another issue, i am unaware.

everything was fine while on stock ics, decent battery backup, normal charging.

Also when I call someone and when he picks up the phone, I knew by vibration of the phone while on stock ics but it has gone now. I no more get such vibration alert, neither is such option in the settings. I am regretting my decision of upgrading to jelly bean, provided there is a way out!

Guest fahad.sagittarius

Hi. I am getting one strange problem after I upgraded to jelly bean and deleted all the trial apps, asphalt6, we chat, hike etc.using titanium backup, that while charging I get a message saying "your battery is over current protection. Remove battery." also the battery drains out like anything. I don't know why this problem has appeared, whether it is due to jb update or the removal of some apps or another issue, i am unaware.

everything was fine while on stock ics, decent battery backup, normal charging.

Also when I call someone and when he picks up the phone, I knew by vibration of the phone while on stock ics but it has gone now. I no more get such vibration alert, neither is such option in the settings. I am regretting my decision of upgrading to jelly bean, provided there is a way out!

Flash this rom. It does not have any trial app. And after flashing clear battery stat from cwm recovery !!

Guest Eddy12

where is tutorial step by step how to isntal this on my phone? how to isntal this rom on phone? with flash tool or ? pls explain me

Edited by Eddy12

Guest pap4055user

Hi and thanks for your work!

i own a prestigio pap4055 duo with mtk6577T chip on it (1.2 cpu and 512 ram) with stock JB 4.1.1, 4" screen with 480x800 res, thus pretty much the same specs as PAP 5000

i have the following sensors on board yamaha530 orientation and magnetic, bosch bma222 accelerometer, tdm2771 proximity and light

if i root the phone would it be safe to flash your rom? are the same sensors present on pap5000? i am tempted to flash a custom rom since the acceleration sensor current implementation is faulty and i cannot use any acceleration based apps because of the very big lag it has.

thanks in advance!

Guest samsoumya

hey..i am getting a very strange problem or i have found a bug..

When i call someone there's that incoming call circle present and i am not able to switch to loudspeaker or disconnect the call bcos that incoming call circle keeps on showing :/ :/ :( :(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest siddharth09

post-952737-0-87406300-1367514500_thumb. post-952737-0-45467600-1367514504_thumb.

post-952737-0-05418600-1367514507_thumb. post-952737-0-69692300-1367514509_thumb.

Features:

• Rooted (no need to root phone with third party applications) with SuperUser application (v3.1.3) and su binary (v3.1.1)
  • Busybox installed
  • Updated APN list
  • Replaced libs
  • Added adfree hosts file - almost no ads (please support app developers by buying their apps instead)
  • Replaced launcher
  • Added support for the following languages: Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, German, Greek, Spanish, Farsi, Finish, French, Hindi, Croatian, Hungarian, Italian, Hebrew, Japanese, Korean, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil), Slovenian, Serbian, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian and Urdu

Vanilla version:
    Same as above, except:
    • No AROMA installer

Please don't ask for add-ons to add this or that combination of the above features, I'm not going to make any.

Known bugs:
      • Some users might have to wipe battery stats from the recovery if they face battery drain problem

Add-ons:

Benchmarks:

Credits & gratitude:
        And finally to all the devs whose apps, tweaks and scripts I have used on my custom ROMs

Features:

Complete stock Android 4.1 look in terms of app icons

Included Android 4.2 Google Clock and Camera/Gallery apps
Based on official Android 4.1.1 ROM (Stock kernel)
User customize-able installation based on AROMA installer
Integrated the latest version of Google apps
Rooted (no need to root phone with third party applications) with SuperUser application (v3.1.3) and su binary (v3.1.1)
Busybox installed
Updated APN list
Replaced libs
Trimmed plenty of useless stuff
Apks resigned, compressed, optimized and zipaligned
Changed default wallpaper
Added adfree hosts file - almost no ads (please support app developers by buying their apps instead)
Replaced launcher
Added support for the following languages: Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, German, Greek, Spanish, Farsi, Finish, French, Hindi, Croatian, Hungarian, Italian, Hebrew, Japanese, Korean, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil), Slovenian, Serbian, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian and Urdu

Vanilla version:

Same as above, except:

[*]No AROMA installer

[*]Stock Clock and Camera/Gallery apps

Known bugs:

[*]Some users might have to wipe battery stats from the recovery if they face battery drain problem

Add-ons:

Benchmarks:

Credits & gratitude:

does it really look like hd? like mmx canvas hd type

pls attach more snaps

Guest fahad.sagittarius

This rom has nothing to do with Canvas HD..

does it really look like hd? like mmx canvas hd type

pls attach more snaps

Guest fahad.sagittarius

That happens when call gets disconnected due to weak network.. I never faced any such type of problem..

hey..i am getting a very strange problem or i have found a bug..

When i call someone there's that incoming call circle present and i am not able to switch to loudspeaker or disconnect the call bcos that incoming call circle keeps on showing :/ :/ :( :(

Guest siddharth09

This rom has nothing to do with Canvas HD..

i mean does colour reproduction/saturation (brightness,sharpness,sunlight view,vibrant) looks like branded phones like samsung,sony,iphone.

how it looks in sunlight?

can you please attach more snaps.

Edited by siddharth09

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ANDY GEE

:) Just flashed my new IRIS 501 with Choclate HD with AROMA installer; its freaking awesome and the experience is very smooth. There were a lot of bugs even with 4.1 jelly bean update with my IRIS 501 out of the box. It always used to give " low memory errors" while playing games like DEAD TRIGGER and CKZ Origins and the games wud keep on restarting. I believe there is a bug with memory management in the native IRIS 4.1 jelly bean for iris 501 becoz no matter whatever you do the RAM doesnt free up once the apps start running, even if you close or kill apps. RAM frees up only when the phone is restarted.

I dont know if its only me, but the picture quality of pics taken by the camera has drastically improved after flashing this custom ROM

A lot of customisation is possible with AROMA depending on what you want to install and what you dont

Frees a lot of precious memory used by "chutiya apps" installed by LAVA

Can install Adobe Flash Player and MX Player and Titanium backup with AROMA straightaway while flashing

Tested it thoroughly, have not found any bugs; Good for daily use.

Battery backup has also somewhat improved, though sligANDhtly

Please do not install jelly bean 4.2 camera from AROMA because Photosphere mode doesnt work and the camera restarts( possible bug); Also very less camera settings; e.g- cant change resolution in pictures and videos. USE the stock camera and Galley. Its works perfectly fine

The performance is very much comparable to GALAXY GRAND, a RS.18000 phone vs a Rs.8000 phone; And I really mean it :) :)

AND ABOVE ALL, GREAT WORK AND NICE COMPILATION BY FAHAD...kudos BUDDY

yOUR IRIS 501 becomes IRIS - X after flashing :) :) :)

ITS a MUST to flash this custom ROM for the IRIS 501 as it makes your IRIS 501 a complete package and a new user experience all together.

Guest ANDY GEE

@ SIDDARTH

i mean does colour reproduction/saturation (brightness,sharpness,sunlight view,vibrant) looks like branded phones like samsung,sony,iphone.

how it looks in sunlight?

can you please attach more snaps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even branded phones from Samsung - eg Galaxy Ace and from Sony- Sony TIPO which sell for Rs.9000 have far worse display than the IRIS 501..so there is no point in popping the Brand question here..

LAVA is a indian brand that makes budget friendly hardware and sells it a decent enough price. Although after sales service may not be that great.

The display of IRIS 501 is approx 186ppi, WVGA resolution ,16m colors which is quite satisfactory as its a budget phone. The display is sharp and crisp and color reproduction is good. Dont compare the display to HD or qHD displays. Display doesnt come with a good protection so use a good screen guard..peel of the default cheap plastic screen guard that comes with the phone

Check out the pics of this phone urself on the web

• 5 weeks later...
Guest kekua011

i'm getting a strange error after flashing this rom,I can't download or even update any app... It says error 491,I have to clear cache partion and dalvik cache from cwm everytime.. Anybody know why?? Please help..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest sant0sh_

attachicon.gif1.jpg attachicon.gif2.jpg

attachicon.gif3.jpg attachicon.gif4.jpg

Features:

• Busybox installed
  • Updated APN list
  • Replaced libs
  • Replaced launcher
Vanilla version:

Same as above, except:

• No AROMA installer

Known bugs:

• Some users might have to wipe battery stats from the recovery if they face battery drain problem
Add-ons:

Benchmarks:

Credits & gratitude:

As per your instructions, I flashed the ROM thru CWM. The installation process goes smooth but after booting up the ROM...i see some essential system apps are not being installed like messenger, sim toolkit (for which the signal range icon is not showing up), google now, and even the launcher crashes repeatdly. I think its some kind of bug on ur ROM...Please fix the same as i'm unable to use ur ROM

• 6 months later...
Guest xboy360

Sir,

I recently tried to update my iris 501 from ics to jb through revolution hd using twrp..

after instaling I m stuck to boot animation!!!

Help me...dont know what do to next??