Did you buy a Nook Simple Touch - share your adventures here!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Dan Mullen

Not happy - already mentioned this in another post, but basically Foyles have only sent me one Nook when I ordered and paid for two :(

Guest tcrowter

My order got cancelled by B&N, so now I am nookless :( The only place claiming to have it in stock (very/isme) won't let me make an account, no matter what I try. So it looks like I will be missing out on this bargain :'( next time maybe :)

Guest everett_psycho
My order got cancelled by B&N, so now I am nookless :( The only place claiming to have it in stock (very/isme) won't let me make an account, no matter what I try. So it looks like I will be missing out on this bargain :'( next time maybe :)

I'm waiting for them to get back to me, my orders sat doing nothing, lots of unhappy people dealing with them on twitter as they are not letting anyone cancel anything despite clearly having no nooks left to send, their order despatch system is a bit of a joke and if you do want to return it you've got to post the thing to Poland. Don't think I'll buy hardware from them again if this is what they are like

Guest everett_psycho

Got a reply on twitter, in short it's in process and will be 4-5 days, not that it's a remotely generic response from nook

post-885991-13679311626025_thumb.jpg

Guest Matchstick

I rooted my Nook and installed Gapps using NookManager but I've found that the USB connection drops whenever I try transferring data over it. It's somewhat random so I might be able to transfer a single ebook but `if I try sening a dozen or so over from Adobe Digital Editions I'll run into problems.

I tried reverting back to stock using the Factory Reset option in Nook manager but that didn't seem to help, but rolling back using the backup I took before rooting does seem to have resolved the problem.

Has anyone else come across a similar problem ?

Guest PaulOBrien

I have made a version of the Kindle app that is more optimised for the Nook eInk readers. It allows page turns via the volume keys (which can be configured using Nook Touch Mod Manager) and the page turn animations are also disabled.

Details -

P

Guest SpruceyB

Currys

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/ipad-tablets-and-ereaders/ereaders/nook-simple-touch-ereader-black-18877434-pdt.html

Although you won't get it until 17th,

My Very order says latest delivery is going to be 10th but if it isn't here by tomorrow I'm going to order one from Currys

Guest zippyioa

I placed my order online early on 1st May directly with Nook, I got a "your order will ship soon" email a few hours later, then it all went quiet.

I had almost given up hope until I got a despatch email late last night.

The tracking links sent me through to UPS. Apparently it was collected from the Netherlands, then went to Belgium. If all goes to plan they should deliver to me in the UK sometime tomorrow.

For those who are still waiting, I hope you get yours too!

:)

Guest The Soup Thief

Is anyone else waiting for one from Foyles? I placed my order on 30th April - received order confirmation as I moaned above but nothing since. Not replying to emails

Guest everett_psycho

Nook number 1 is enroute in Belgium at the moment, no sign off nook number 2 though but that was ordered late on the 1st, hopefully I'll get a despatch note today/tomorrow, it does mean the one being given as a present will arrive before the weekend to actually be given on time

Guest Zarch1972

Bought this cheap sleeve from Amazon. Its just arrived and its okay for what it is.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/CaseGuru-Neoprene-Sleeve-Pouch-eReaders/dp/B009RMLIWG/ref=sr_1_31?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1368180294&sr=1-31&keywords=CaseGuru

But its a generic "6 inch reader" sleeve and as such, its a very very tight fit on the sides.(maybe a tad too tight) I think this is because the Nook is slightly wider than the Kindle and Kobo models.

Still, its does a job. :)

Guest sandriderman

I installed MMTracker on mine and some Memory Map OS Maps. Works well as a map reader, appart form ebooks this will be the main use for it.

I have also installed drop box, titanium backup and the modified Kindle reader.

I have ordered a " 7" Soft Sleeve Bag Case Cover Pouch For Tablet Ebook Reader Touchpad NetBook PC" from ebay (£1.80 delivered):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180935791384?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Martin

Guest ghostofcain

Bizarre experience with Argos here, tried to purchase one for delivery on saturday night. Showed as not available but allowed me to complete the purchase, although I then got a message saying that they had been unable to check stock so expect an email confirming order (which may take up to a couple of hours) no email received but did receive an email from quidco saying I had failed to complete a purchase at argos. Fast forward to this morning and Yodel have delivered my Nook, very strange behaviour.

Guest The Soup Thief

w00t nook! At last, postman arrived half an hour ago with my nook, ordered about 3 weeks back from Foyles. It's on charge now so I'll get tinkering later if I get a mo.

Guest everett_psycho

Those using calibre, where are you buying books from? Everything I'm finding is loaded with DRM and I can't seem to touch with it

Guest Abnormal1

Those using calibre, where are you buying books from? Everything I'm finding is loaded with DRM and I can't seem to touch with it

Google Apprentice Alf's Blog and it will solve the DRM issue.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest derei

Just got my Nook Simple Touch... now reading about how to root, the actual benefits of rooting this ereader... Can't wait ! :D

This is my second Android device ever... and since my first (a Huawei Phone), now I feel a little more confident and curious about...

I think I won't root it today, now is just learning time. Wish me luck ! :D

• 5 months later...
Guest everett_psycho

I know it's an old thread but it's just a heads up to those that ordered from B&N directly.  They seem to have charged me for my nooks again in November, spoke to the credit card company and it's apparently not just me so those who ordered directly it might be worth double checking your statements and informing your bank if they've done it.