Does having alot apps, causes the phone to Lag?

Guest peterck

Guest peterck

Everytime i flash any rom without reinstall any of my apps the phone is really fast...But when i've installed my apps which there about 65 apps in total the phone begins to lag serious...I don't know maybe it depends on how many apps i have.....So i did an experiment and just install only the apps that i regualrly which amounted to just 30 apps in total, i've found out that my phone rarely lag....Just wondering if there is another way besides increasing the cpu (which i did but there was still lag) and reducing how many apps i have on my phone :(.

Guest oldfella

you need to see which apps are actually running, many load themselves unnecessarily, take up the available space, which means Android is taking up time swapping around

in my setup anything less than 50MB free it starts slowing down

Guest kyan31

Most slowdowns on this phone are due to the low ram, the CPU itself is actually fine and doesn't even really need an over clock. The only way we can get more ram is by using a ram swapper, but they aren't that ideal as they can damage your SD card.

Guest Timbones

I was struggling with apps and memory on my phone; it would run like treacle at times.

Then I read about Greenify here, and installed it. Runs so much better now. Shoving Facebook and Maps into hibernate makes a big difference. :)