Root your G510

Guest xondrax

Maybe silly question but: put the "dload" folder to memory card or phone memory?If I connect G510 to computer I see memory card,phone memory and phone install(folder with adb driver)....

Guest joba69

Maybe silly question but: put the "dload" folder to memory card or phone memory?If I connect G510 to computer I see memory card,phone memory and phone install(folder with adb driver)....

It means external sdcard...

Guest Voxpop2011

Let us know how you get on with this method.

Guest Andymac1969

If you run into trouble, your able with this method to go back to original state. So if you stuck at boot or something strage happen, copy Firmware to dload folder and flash back original firmware.

Please remember that you follow any instructions at own risk. I´m not responsible for bricking your phone. I describe how its working for me.

Where is this original firmware????

Guest Simon O

That ROM is for the G510-0200 variant. If you flash this - assuming it does let you flash - then you may never be able to go back to the original Vodafone ROM. And your warranty will be well & truly voided.

Be careful and if you are unsure then leave it alone. Ask yourself - can you afford to waste £130?

Guest KenBW2

That ROM is for the G510-0200 variant. If you flash this - assuming it does let you flash - then you may never be able to go back to the original Vodafone ROM. And your warranty will be well & truly voided.

Be careful and if you are unsure then leave it alone. Ask yourself - can you afford to waste £130?

Are you referring to the original firmware. or the one which alleges to root our phones?

Edited by KenBW2

Guest joba69

I updated the first post again ..0200 0100 variants...

Also added link to original post from spanish forums ..how to root the phone ..

Guest Simon O

Are you referring to the original firmware. or the one which alleges to root our phones?

Both really. I've seen people break the U8800 and Pulse by flashing other firmwares so it can happen. And I'm not too sure about the small update.app that claims to root the phones. Where did it come from?

Guest Simon O

Chinese model is G510-0010,isn´t?

Yes. Chinese is G510-0100 like the UK model. The ROMs are potentially compatible but there is always the danger of not being able to go back to the UK ROM after flashing a Chinese one. Also I've read that the Chinese ROMs don't have the Google services installed.

Guest Simon O

Basically the original firmware is needed before attempting to root this phone :(

I have an older version but I don't have the B172 Vodafone UK ROM.

Guest Simon O

Ah that B170 must be the one I have then. I downloaded it from the Spanish forum.

Waiting for a download of B172 G300-100. Or something else for the EU market.

Guest xondrax

that B170 from Spanish forum is marked as Huawei Ascend G510-0010 Android 4.1 V100R001C02B170.rar on Mega.co.nz site...

Guest Nickyteen

Hi friends....

a question: to root the phone,do you first have to unlock bootloader and then root,

or you can even root first? Thanks!!

Guest joba69

Hi friends....

a question: to root the phone,do you first have to unlock bootloader and then root,

or you can even root first? Thanks!!

There are two methods.

Follow link in first post.

First method is without unlocking bootloader

Important: this does is change the boot.img so then you rooting your Huawei Ascend G510 / Huawei Unlock Orange Daytona using Root 3.1. Does not affect the bootloader.

Guest Voxpop2011

Okay people, we need clarity on unlocking [the boatloader] and rooting. On the one hand, you apparently cannot root without unlocking, but on the other there is a root method that does not require unlocking. This seems contradictory and is causing needless confusion.

Can someone run through the different options. For instance, if you follow the root that is not dependent on unlocking, will you gain full control of the device. If not, what is the point of rooting this way?

Guest joba69

Okay people, we need clarity on unlocking [the boatloader] and rooting. On the one hand, you apparently cannot root without unlocking, but on the other there is a root method that does not require unlocking. This seems contradictory and is causing needless confusion.

Can someone run through the different options. For instance, if you follow the root that is not dependent on unlocking, will you gain full control of the device. If not, what is the point of rooting this way?

I follow the guide which is not depending on unlocking the bootloader and get full root access.