Root your G510

Guest Combat Gerbil

So after you have turned off the phone, (and if not disabled fastboot removed the battery for a few seconds) You then restart the phone holding down the power up vol and down vol you get the huawei logo not the pink loading line that indicates the phone is accessing the update file. Which you cave copied to the sd card inside the dload folder.

Guest ZolaIII

One question! What happens if you stay at the Chinese boot image?

Du you have the boot loader unlocked after this?

Are there eni nus effects?

This is important because it cud enable us to really unlock the phone & maintain warranty!

Guest munzab

anybody knows how to make a backup copy of my current rom from vodafone ireland so that if something happens, i can get back to it?ive already unlocked bootloader and rooted the phone. thanks!

Guest Voxpop2011

So after you have turned off the phone, (and if not disabled fastboot removed the battery for a few seconds) You then restart the phone holding down the power up vol and down vol you get the huawei logo not the pink loading line that indicates the phone is accessing the update file. Which you cave copied to the sd card inside the dload folder.

Sorry, but I really don't get this. The update is on my sd card, which contains two folders. One has has two dots and the other is called dload. I have no idea how to unpack the update. I actually managed to boot into a screen with the combination of volume DOWN and the on button, However, all I saw was a bright pink screen with no discernible activity. Clearly I don't know enough to follow this root method without some of the blanks being filled in. :(

Guest Combat Gerbil

You need to start the phone holding down the power + vol up and vol down ... all three buttons. the phone should then run the update file.

Guest Hassams

Hey guys, I have g510-0200 and I don't wanna void my warranty by unlocking the bootloader. So my question is, is this method wanna give me root access without installing a custom recovery and unlocking the bootloader. Well In my opinion if anyone has root than a custom recovery is very important. I really don't care about custom roms as right now not a single one is worth a try. Check screenshot.....

post-1013202-13691738947663_thumb.jpg

Guest ZolaIII

The thing is that with root metod when you flash the Chinese kernel & then root you actually have all the boot loader is unlocked at that point so you can & do lock it back with flashing back international kernel!

The real question is du the Chinese kernel case problems?

If not that is it really! You can play & after all flash back recovery & lock the boot loader so you still have the warranty!

It's posable & to unroot this way!

Guest Voxpop2011

You need to start the phone holding down the power + vol up and vol down ... all three buttons. the phone should then run the update file.

Okay, I did this and the phone [again] booted into a bright pink screen on which I could see nothing happening. I left it alone for a couple of minutes on the assumption that something might be happening that I can't see. I pulled the battery to restart the phone, but when I tried to run the Unroot program, it returned the error message 'Failed to get shell root, please use the services of our professional root' for which you have to pay. :angry: Something underhand seems to be going on here.

No root for me then, at least not with this method. :(

Edited by Voxpop2011

Guest KenBW2

Okay, I did this and the phone [again] booted into a bright pink screen on which I could see nothing happening. I left it alone for a couple of minutes on the assumption that something might be happening that I can't see. I pulled the battery to restart the phone, but when I tried to run the Unroot program, it returned the error message 'Failed to get shell root, please use the services of our professional root' for which you have to pay. :angry: Something underhand seems to be going on here.

No root for me then, at least not with this method. :(

How come you still haven't got a bootloader unlock? Are you opting not to go for it or are you unable to?

Guest Combat Gerbil

The steps we've done for root don't require the bootloader unlock... there is a seperate set of instructions for root and boot...

I don't know what Voxpop2011 is doing wrong to get a pinkscreen when trying to run the update.app..

Guest Voxpop2011

I am doing as you suggest at post 57. I don't know why I am getting a solid pink screen as opposed to the line. I will keep trying, but this is beginning to look like the problems I had unlocking and rooting the Skate.

Guest Combat Gerbil

I think I now know what you mean thanks to Andy.. maybe... have you un zipped (unrar) the file first. for this you would need "winrar" to unzip it then copy the dload folder itself to the sdcard. you could use a file explorer such as "ES file explorer" to un rar the file directly on the phone. then make sure to copy the dload folder to the root of the card.

Guest Voxpop2011

Right, I have FINALLY got root. However, the phone is constantly 'logging out'. When I enter my PINs (sim and screen lock) I see for a fraction of a second a message that begins with 'Scattered'. Anyone know what this is and how to remedy it?

Ta

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Phrank

Hi guys, new user. I'm trying to follow this topic, but all of the download links on Solidfiles seem to be dead. Does anyone have working links for the files I need to root my 510 please?

• 7 months later...
Guest Tosty55

Hey, I rooted the G510-0100 with Cydia Impactor (only rooted it to activate the battery percentage in build.prop) and the phone just got wrecked, battery wouldnt charge, or display charge, apps wouldnt download and just so slow, unrooted with the SuperSU built in unroot and phone works good now, though still feels a bit laggy...

Yes...that rooting method is really a mess :wacko:

It only makes the phone worse than ever :(

I did it and soft bricked once :D

Now unlocked bootloader flashed TWRP and playing with FusionX ROM ;)

All is good so far with the phone :)

It's now fast,battery friendly and stable without any problem in functionality. :D

It's the problem with the rooting method i think.

It just gives root access but no full root access :wacko:

I really am confused of that thing :D

Newbies please don't try it...i did it and just **cked my phone ;)