USB storage not sticking & app corruption on B171

Guest Simon O

Guest Simon O

I'll do my best to explain this. Every time I connect the USB cable to my G510 I get a popup asking how to connect to the PC. Normal behavior. Ideally I want to use Media device (MTP) as this doesn't require the internal & external sd to be unmounted but the setting isn't sticking so if you reboot the phone it will go back to the old USB storage.

There is a problem with this.. I'm finding that the phone isn't always cleanly unmounting the internal & external SD storage so quite often it's corrupting app data for any applications you have on these. Anything that is installed to android_secure is placed on the sd.

This isn't normal. If you connect with USB storage then you should be given a prompt about running apps may be terminated and it should also cleanly unmount the drives. It looks like the phone is performing a force-unmount which is causing corruption.

So has anyone else had this same problem? Anyone notice downloaded apps disappearing?

Whenever I get root I'll have to dig into this and try and find a solution. The whole way the device manages internal and external SD is wrong IMO.

Guest Andymac1969

I don't get any warning about the SD card being unmounted, but I haven't noticed any downloaded apps going missing, I did have problems getting the icon for Super SU, but I think that is more to do with a problem with the APP

Guest jimwormold

I'll do my best to explain this. Every time I connect the USB cable to my G510 I get a popup asking how to connect to the PC. Normal behavior. Ideally I want to use Media device (MTP) as this doesn't require the internal & external sd to be unmounted but the setting isn't sticking so if you reboot the phone it will go back to the old USB storage.

There is a problem with this.. I'm finding that the phone isn't always cleanly unmounting the internal & external SD storage so quite often it's corrupting app data for any applications you have on these. Anything that is installed to android_secure is placed on the sd.

This isn't normal. If you connect with USB storage then you should be given a prompt about running apps may be terminated and it should also cleanly unmount the drives. It looks like the phone is performing a force-unmount which is causing corruption.

So has anyone else had this same problem? Anyone notice downloaded apps disappearing?

Yes, I've had a few disappear, and now that you mention it, it happened after connecting to the computer. I hadn't really thought about it until now, but you're right, there is something not quite right about how it does it.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ZolaIII

I had a problem when i changed to new SD card a 3 or 4 aps disappeared bat that happened only once!

Af corse i replicated contains from old one!

Edited by ZolaIII

Guest moochermick

Whenever I reboot my calendar widget disappears and the tasker icon is moved to a new screen which is added. Very strange and annoying.