[Tool]AIO Tool for San Diego and xolo

Guest rickywyatt

Guest rickywyatt

boot into fastboot then open c:\sandiego\tools then click command prompt and then type

fastboot -i 0x8087 flash update c:\sandiego\tools\xolo\update.zip

Guest shootomanUK

ok ricky the file sent across from pc to phone, do i now choose recovery on phone ?

ah wait it said :

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]

Copyright © 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\SanDiego\tools>fastboot -i 0x8087 flash update c:\sandiego\tools\xolo\update.

zip

sending 'update' (306355 KB)... FAILED (data transfer failure (Too many links)

)

finished. total time: 21.044s

C:\SanDiego\tools>

Edited by shootomanUK

Guest i am not a hacker

ok im back on xolo, i used the recovery and selected the update.zip (even though it said it failed).

How did you get into recovery?

Guest A.Y. Baidjoe

Just wanted to get some advice on a phone which is probably not very popular in the west (since you can't get it there). Intel in cooperation with a Kenyan service provider released an exclusive phone called the Intel Yolo (Yolo? Yes really trolling it Intel) based on the medfield platform. I managed to get one of these phones (around 100usd).

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57565784-94/intels-yolo-low-cost-smartphone-debuts/

It's amazing fast and comes with a Vanilla ICS version. Only thing that's lacking is root. I was wondering if anybody here (an expert) would know if I could use this method to obtain root?

If nobody knows I am just going to try it :P

Guest BlueMoonRising

Just wanted to get some advice on a phone which is probably not very popular in the west (since you can't get it there). Intel in cooperation with a Kenyan service provider released an exclusive phone called the Intel Yolo (Yolo? Yes really trolling it Intel) based on the medfield platform. I managed to get one of these phones (around 100usd).

http://news.cnet.com...rtphone-debuts/

It's amazing fast and comes with a Vanilla ICS version. Only thing that's lacking is root. I was wondering if anybody here (an expert) would know if I could use this method to obtain root?

If nobody knows I am just going to try it :P

I'm no expert by any means but unless you can afford to permanently brick the phone I wouldn't try the tool on it.

Guest A.Y. Baidjoe

I'm no expert by any means but unless you can afford to permanently brick the phone I wouldn't try the tool on it.

That is indeed wise advice. But it's a <100usd phone, and am just going to sell it if I can't obtain root. The standard ROM is fast enough but I need root to make a few thing easier. Also it's just a gadget phone. I did try is actually. option 7 obtain r00t. Phone comes up with the restore option. It failed to restart a few times but when it did it did not manage to push the required files to the phone. Possibly due to a different organized directory structure. Would be awesome to get root on this phone so any feedback is welcome :)

Guest A.Y. Baidjoe

first of all what is the build date in settings > about phone > kernel version

if its before September my mite be lucky

Thanks for you response mate, not too lucky I am afraid:

3.0.8-138325-ge2af803

svnadmin@nataku03 #1

SMP PREEMPT Thu Dec 13 23:51:27 CST 2012

Guest DHAIRYA SHAH

hey my was frnd saying if i root my xolo x900 .... messages goes to xolo department that i hv rooted my phone and warranty gets void .... is that true ????? plzz reply

Guest DHAIRYA SHAH

hey how do i enable sd card and make it appear in both phone and pc..... i hv just rooted my phone tdae... i dn hv much knowledege about this things..... i am just worried if something goes wrong den and i make my phone dead....... plzz tell me in detail......

Guest A.Y. Baidjoe

by the looks of the date your phone is in rooterble as its after Google patch the adb backup root explot sorry

Cheers mate, will have to wait for another option then.

hey how do i enable sd card and make it appear in both phone and pc..... i hv just rooted my phone tdae... i dn hv much knowledege about this things..... i am just worried if something goes wrong den and i make my phone dead....... plzz tell me in detail......

No offence intended, but there is a pretty clear written manual attached to the AIO tool which explain in details what number you should press in the utility ;)

Guest DHAIRYA SHAH

Cheers mate, will have to wait for another option then.

No offence intended, but there is a pretty clear written manual attached to the AIO tool which explain in details what number you should press in the utility ;)

what to select from that tool to play all games which are not compatible.... and what changes occur if i put themes from that tool ????

Guest BlueMoonRising

what to select from that tool to play all games which are not compatible.... and what changes occur if i put themes from that tool ????

Try reading the manual and reading the forum posts on themes.

Guest acemdrgn

Hi,

Noob here, having a bit of difficulty with the rooting.

Using this tool, I press the 7 option and get to the point where it says please look at your device and click restore. However my phone does not show anything saying restore.

I tried manually restarting my phone at this point which seems to move me on 1 step, and it says waiting for device to show up, then tells me mount operation not permitted then tells me it can't create a load of files, and unable to 'chmod' a load of stuff

I attach a file of the messages I am getting.

I'm trying to do this with the phone out the box, i.e. no other updates / roms from this site installed so far.

Many thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.

Guest topcat07
Hi,

Noob here, having a bit of difficulty with the rooting.

Using this tool, I press the 7 option and get to the point where it says please look at your device and click restore. However my phone does not show anything saying restore.

I tried manually restarting my phone at this point which seems to move me on 1 step, and it says waiting for device to show up, then tells me mount operation not permitted then tells me it can't create a load of files, and unable to 'chmod' a load of stuff

I attach a file of the messages I am getting.

I'm trying to do this with the phone out the box, i.e. no other updates / roms from this site installed so far.

Many thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.

what's the current rom? If it is gingerbread, download the xolo rom put it it in the root directory and do a usb update there is a sticky guide in this sun forum

Guest BlueMoonRising

Can any one provide me gingerbread rom for xolo

No, because we don't have it. Once you've got ICS on it(either out of the box or you've upgraded) that's it, there's no going back.

That said looking at the batch file for flashing Orange ICS :-

:orange

C:\SanDiego\tools\adb.exe kill-server

C:\SanDiego\tools\adb.exe start-server

C:\SanDiego\tools\adb.exe wait-for-device

C:\SanDiego\tools\adb.exe remount

sleep 5

adb shell rm -r system/app

adb shell mkdir system/app

adb shell mkdir system/etc/widi/3.1.24.0

adb push C:\SanDiego\tools\system system

adb reboot bootloader

sleep 15

C:\SanDiego\tools\fastboot -i 0x8087 flash update C:\SanDiego\tools\orange\update.zip

If you rem out the final two lines which is flashing the Orange ICS update.zip would that leave you with GingerBread?

DO NOT TRY THIS UNLESS YOU REALLY KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING, I'M JUST SPECULATING.

Edited by BlueMoonRising

Guest DHAIRYA SHAH

hey modaco .. after putting houdini thing in my cell .... nothing can be displayed ... my screen display is onn but naothing is happening... i am very tensed plzz help... i tried to connect my phone but my device is not coming in ur tool .... plzz help....

Guest Atir101

hi guys.. so I'm having troubles with my phone now. i have to send phone back to orange so i decided to just erase everything but that did not happen as soon as phone goes into boot mode a dead android comes up with an exclamation mark and phone restarts and repeats this again. I tried to fix brick, install orange and xolo ics both but still get the same dead android bot with tummy open and red exclamation mark :(. what to do????