[Tool]AIO Tool for San Diego and xolo

Guest rickywyatt

Guest BlueMoonRising

Yeah, I'm rooted. Is that the only pre-requisite for the signal boost?

Do I just need to run the signalboost.apk on the phone then or are the files in /etc and /lib required too?

I can't seem to browse the system partition so not sure how I would copy those files.

Cheers for your help, appreciated!

You need root for signal boost plus USB debugging checked and both boxes in adbd checked.

I've just reinstalled it(again) using :-

adb.exe kill-server

adb.exe start-server

adb.exe wait-for-device

adb remount

sleep 5

adb push C:\SanDiego\tools\SignalBoost\app\signalboost.apk /system/app

adb push C:\SanDiego\tools\SignalBoost\etc\rild.conf /system/etc

adb push C:\SanDiego\tools\SignalBoost\lib\libganril.so /system/lib

adb push C:\SanDiego\tools\SignalBoost\lib\libkineto.so /system/lib

adb push C:\SanDiego\tools\SignalBoost\lib\librilswitch.so /system/lib

adb reboot

sleep 5

adb.exe kill-server

put the above in a .bat file and run it from the C:\SanDiego\tools\ folder. The signal boost files listed have to be in their respective folders on your PC of course.

Once it's rebooted then just open the app from your app drawer and check the box. It's working perfectly again for me.

Guest BlueMoonRising

Looking at the SanDiego.bat file it's using chmod to change the permissions without actually pushing the files there in the first place(excepting the apk).

Edit :- by the way if you're rooted then use https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.liberty.toolbox&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5qcnVtbXkubGliZXJ0eS50b29sYm94Il0., Root Browser is part of it which I've used to move files from the SD storage to the system partion.

Edited by BlueMoonRising

You need root for signal boost plus USB debugging checked and both boxes in adbd checked.

I've just reinstalled it(again) using :-

adb.exe kill-server

adb.exe start-server

adb.exe wait-for-device

adb remount

sleep 5

adb push C:\SanDiego\tools\SignalBoost\app\signalboost.apk /system/app

adb push C:\SanDiego\tools\SignalBoost\etc\rild.conf /system/etc

adb push C:\SanDiego\tools\SignalBoost\lib\libganril.so /system/lib

adb push C:\SanDiego\tools\SignalBoost\lib\libkineto.so /system/lib

adb push C:\SanDiego\tools\SignalBoost\lib\librilswitch.so /system/lib

adb reboot

sleep 5

adb.exe kill-server

put the above in a .bat file and run it from the C:\SanDiego\tools\ folder. The signal boost files listed have to be in their respective folders on your PC of course.

Once it's rebooted then just open the app from your app drawer and check the box. It's working perfectly again for me.

Not sure I have 'both boxes in adbd' checked. Where is it that I need to do that? On the phone somewhere?

Not sure I have 'both boxes in adbd' checked. Where is it that I need to do that? On the phone somewhere?

Just figured it out so ignore that last question!

Got signal booster installed, result!

Guest utternoob

Do you not read our other responses? It talks about hboot, a format used by HTC. Does that not sound a bit odd to you considering you have a Xolo phone? By all means try it, but don't complain when it goes wrong

Guest XOLO X900

Do you not read our other responses? It talks about hboot, a format used by HTC. Does that not sound a bit odd to you considering you have a Xolo phone? By all means try it, but don't complain when it goes wrong

I'm sorry man... I don't know much in depth...

Guest punjabi

Hi guys

It's been a while since I've been on this forum - great stuff, I must say! :)

I need to return my SD to Orange tomorrow due to the power button 'sinking' into the phone and I'm just trying to restore the Orange ICS software from (I'm on Xolo ICS). I've downloaded and installed all the necessary files needed from the awesome 'Rickywatt' post. Here's where I'm struggling...

1. I've downloaded the Orange ICS from setup

2. I understand I need to root my device by selecting option 7, but for some reason the root process doesn't fully complete. The script runs and says successful then my device reboots once... but not a second time?! Where am I going wrong... :blink:

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, guys!

Thanks in advance. :D

Guest BlueMoonRising

Hi guys

It's been a while since I've been on this forum - great stuff, I must say! :)

I need to return my SD to Orange tomorrow due to the power button 'sinking' into the phone and I'm just trying to restore the Orange ICS software from (I'm on Xolo ICS). I've downloaded and installed all the necessary files needed from the awesome 'Rickywatt' post. Here's where I'm struggling...

1. I've downloaded the Orange ICS from setup

2. I understand I need to root my device by selecting option 7, but for some reason the root process doesn't fully complete. The script runs and says successful then my device reboots once... but not a second time?! Where am I going wrong... :blink:

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, guys!

Thanks in advance. :D

I can't remember it booting twice to be honest, have you checked if you're rooted at all?

Guest punjabi

I can't remember it booting twice to be honest, have you checked if you're rooted at all?

Hi Bluemoon.

Thanks for the quick response... that's where I get stuck, it won't root my device for some reason. I've tried running the 'Adb insecure' app that it has installed on my phone but it won't let me because I'm not rooted?!

I'm sure there's something obvious I'm missing out.

The device is in USB debugging mode as well...

Thanks

Guest punjabi

It's struggling to load SU on my device... keeps saying:

"error: read-only system" in the script when it tries to push the SU files onto the phone I guess?!

Guest i am not a hacker

They do take a long time, but 1 hour is a little long. Give it some more time. My experience of backing up was with the ZTE blade though, not this device so I may be wrong

Guest ImApL0nK3r

I am having trouble rooting my Orange San Diego, I have installed the AIO tool correctly and I launch the SanDiego file then it installs adbd insecure and i launch it and press no thanks to the box that pops up the unplug and replug, press 7 to root but it fails, I don't know where I am going wrong? When I have adbd insecure open am I suppose to tick the box "enable adbd insecure"? I have tried but it says that it failed and i need USB debugging enabled when It is already enabled. please help.

Guest Hasan217

Hey can this help in getting us jelly bean on our phones?

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/android-41-jelly-bean-x86-emulator-system-image

If not then what can it be used for?

I found this while searching on google. Don't know what it does. M a noob but with Ricky's tool I was able to root my phone n get mass storage. Thanks man!

Edited by Hasan217

Guest nitinmits

Friends, i have found a new way to increase the battery life of our Xolo X900/OSD. Just change the launcher from default to Smart Launcher from Play store. No root is required. Although it is not relevant to the topic, but i thought it might be useful for everybody.

Guest DHAIRYA SHAH

i putted modules in system/lib,,, i putted module 03 frm AIO tool... den too its not connecting i am getting this in usb otg helper app.... plzz help .. i dn knw wat to do with xolo.config,... plz help.........

i dn knw how to do otg thing... i gues plzz somebody explain me whole process in detail......

i hv buyied otg cable also..................