[Tool]AIO Tool for San Diego and xolo

Guest rickywyatt

Guest glossywhite

Hey guys.

I've just updated my AIO prep tool (prepares the AIO tool for allowing you to revert from Xolo ICS back to Stock Orange ICS):

Guest King Conrad

Hi guys. Just got my phone back from when I bricked it and could not fix it.

I have a new computer now and my C drive is full and unable to have this tool on it. When I install this to another drive and location I get errors and am unable to get past the set up.

it keeps thinking the tools is on C:\ but its not. How can I fix this? I used the backup tool but its not fixed this issue.

Guest glossywhite

Hi guys. Just got my phone back from when I bricked it and could not fix it.

I have a new computer now and my C drive is full and unable to have this tool on it. When I install this to another drive and location I get errors and am unable to get past the set up.

it keeps thinking the tools is on C:\ but its not. How can I fix this? I used the backup tool but its not fixed this issue.

It needs to be installed to C:\ - it is hard coded.

Guest BlueMoonRising

Ah ok. Well not sure what to do here then... ok :)

Ignore the previous post, you can probably get around it by editing the batch files especially SanDiego.bat. You need to change all the references to the C drive to wherever you put the tool.

Guest glossywhite

Ignore the previous post, you can probably get around it by editing the batch files especially SanDiego.bat. You need to change all the references to the C drive to wherever you put the tool.

You're right, and I was going to suggest this, but there's A LOT of batch files to edit, and there's more to it - you would need to change the shortcuts in the "SanDiego" folder also.

Guest King Conrad

I edited the files :) Noticed it after I made my last post.

Thanks.

On a side note: Any chance of someone uploading the whole thing so no one has to download each thing? Would be quicker and take less time? Or maybe having a option to "download all" so each can be downloaded without having to select them one by one. I kept wondering if i forgot one and with no easy way of checking it was a pain.

Edited by King Conrad

Guest glossywhite

I edited the files :) Noticed it after I made my last post.

Thanks.

On a side note: Any chance of someone uploading the whole thing so no one has to download each thing? Would be quicker and take less time? Or maybe having a option to "download all" so each can be downloaded without having to select them one by one. I kept wondering if i forgot one and with no easy way of checking it was a pain.

That's a brilliant idea. I am considering porting this whole AIO to Linux, and if I do, I shall ensure there is a "download all" option which is user-transparent, as I agree - not knowing which bits are installed or missing is pretty daft and confusing.

Take care :) thanks

Guest glossywhite

hi ain't been in how's my tool going? also thanks for the donations

Super work, Ricky! :)

I'm forever diving into the scripts and learning code from them, and porting various parts back and forth to/from Windows/Linux :)

Thanks so much.

Guest Firestorm79

my phone doesn't root. At the 'restore my data' stage it says 'restoration ended' and my phone screen doesn't flash or anything and the shell keeps running! please help!

Guest shootomanUK

my phone doesn't root. At the 'restore my data' stage it says 'restoration ended' and my phone screen doesn't flash or anything and the shell keeps running! please help!

Just keep trying....

make sure you end the ADB process in windows by pressing CTRL-ALT+DEL before trying again.

by the way you didn't update your phone via the Over-The-Air update did you ?

Guest Firestorm79

Just keep trying....

make sure you end the ADB process in windows by pressing CTRL-ALT+DEL before trying again.

Yes I did! why?? p.s. what is ADB process?? [noob alert] Edited by Firestorm79

Guest BlueMoonRising

Just keep trying....

Arrgghh, I didn't think of asking that... :unsure:

You have to downgrade first before you can root, ignore any other posts I've put on in regards to this problem. (bangs head against wall).

Guest ArcticFox

Just tried the crossgrade, getting different errors every time I flash it, what the freak am I doing wrong. Downloaded orange ICS update, that is in the orange folder, downloaded dump.zip that is extracted in the tools/system directory, stock rom, rooted, install orange logo, flash ICS, it pushes the GB updates to the phone, then the Orange ICS, reboots into recovery to flash ICS and then errors out.

Edited by ArcticFox

Guest Firestorm79

Arrgghh, I didn't think of asking that... :unsure:

You have to downgrade first before you can root, ignore any other posts I've put on in regards to this problem. (bangs head against wall).

ok ive just factory reset my phone cos i couldn't take it anymore...

so I'm back to 4.0.4 - is that the one i need to be on?

Guest BlueMoonRising

ok ive just factory reset my phone cos i couldn't take it anymore...

so I'm back to 4.0.4 - is that the one i need to be on?

Yes, I think so(at least that's what I'm on). Do not accept any updates.

Guest Firestorm79

hmmm... just ran the root again (option 7), and I progressed much further than last time with v4.0.4. The shell screen actually ended saying enjoy your rooted phone etc etc... but then when I ran root checker it said my phone did not have root access?!? noooooooo. what's going on?

Guest topcat07
hmmm... just ran the root again (option 7), and I progressed much further than last time with v4.0.4. The shell screen actually ended saying enjoy your rooted phone etc etc... but then when I ran root checker it said my phone did not have root access?!? noooooooo. what's going on?

Is superuser in your phone?

Guest BlueMoonRising

Did it reboot? If not try one. Have you got adb and superuser installed via the tool? Edited by BlueMoonRising

Guest Firestorm79

Did it reboot? If not try one. Have you got adb and superuser installed via the tool?

I have adb installed but didn't know whether superuser was installed, so I just installed it from the Play store... is that the same one? by Chainsdd? The thing is when I run adb insecure it says 'superuser access is needed, but could not be acquired. are you rooted and did you give permission?' but I have the above app installed (plus it says on the shell screen that superuser is being pushed onto phone) so I don't get why adb insecure isn't working... p.s. how do you actually install adb insecure and superuser via the tool? I downloaded both from the app store... Edited by Firestorm79

Guest BlueMoonRising

Uninstall the one you downloaded from the playstore (both if necessary) and run root again. Don't forget to kill any instance of adb first.