[JB][4.2.2] PAC Milestone 1 RC1 [05/08/13]

Guest jordilopez94

Guest plewis1981

Does this latest up date fix the call issue I have been having.

Talking to someone on the phone ok, then all of a sudden after a couple of minutes or less they cannot hear anything from my end. The mic seems to stop working mid call.

This has happened with R9 and R8. It happens when I call someone or even if they call me.

Not had that issue myself. Just out of interest have you been doing full wipes before flashing each update

Guest ptoner

I did with the last two. Not with this latest R10. Just finished installing.

First time I have just installed over the top of the current version.

Always do full wipes and clean installs, this time being the only exception ever.

Guest masterguard

Hi I have the pac r9 and love. I wanted to install the R10 but do not know how not to lose installations that ... have! Will someone help me? :) thank you

Guest mr_mufy

HI.

I'm retorning to this rom nd traying too use two ways recall.

I'm testing the call recorder free, but the micro from the other person it's not so loud like mine voice.

So can u add the two way recall on this rom?

Guest bodgit

Hi

Great ROM using ver 10 installed after a full wipe with no problems, however unable to install a different keyboard, have tried Big Button Standard and SwiftKey, both give me the error "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped" when enabling them.

Probable something that i am doing wrong but if anybody can tell me how to get around this i would be grateful.

Guest Kra1o5

HI.

I'm retorning to this rom nd traying too use two ways recall.

I'm testing the call recorder free, but the micro from the other person it's not so loud like mine voice.

So can u add the two way recall on this rom?

I take a look for future release.

Hi

Great ROM using ver 10 installed after a full wipe with no problems, however unable to install a different keyboard, have tried Big Button Standard and SwiftKey, both give me the error "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped" when enabling them.

Probable something that i am doing wrong but if anybody can tell me how to get around this i would be grateful.

Yes, but you can enable keyboards is you go to settings. Not directly from play store.

Guest Apacer

When I want to send an MMS messages application stops working. :( Any solution for an MMS? I use the last PAC R10...

Everything else works well and is very fast gps :)

Thanks!

Guest Kra1o5

When I want to send an MMS messages application stops working. :( Any solution for an MMS? I use the last PAC R10...

Everything else works well and is very fast gps :)

Thanks!

Hello, any logcat with error?

News: I compile new kernel with Linaro toolchain (4.7).

I wait feedback about if you think this is better than actual in performance or if not much difference between both.

ExperimentalKernel-Linaro-4.7.zip - 8.32 MB

Greetings

Guest cjcandrei

Hi

I confirm that the new compiled kernel works a little better. With the old one I've got 1800 and something points in quadrant now it's above 1900...

Guest cjcandrei

One question if I may... The signal bars are always black for me. I do have gsm signal. Shouldn't they vary in color when the signal strength varies?

Thanks.

Guest Apacer

Confirm new kernel working little better and very smooth. Antutu benchmark score with the new karnel is 4182 and 4094 with old kernel. I don't problem with signal bars!

Great work Kra1o5!

Guest bodgit

I take a look for future release.

Yes, but you can enable keyboards is you go to settings. Not directly from play store.

That is what i did, installed from playstore and then enable from settings, that when i get the error message, have used exactly the same procedure on other roms no problems.

Guest plewis1981

Thanks for the new kernel Kralo5, I have just flashed it and will report back tomorrow.

This afternoon my phone was quite laggey so I did a reboot when the phone booted it said SAFE MODE in the bottom left of the screen. I tried to lock the screen ( with the power button ) while the boot animation was running, so i was wondering if i had made my phone boot to safe mode by doing this, or if somthing could be wrong? I did not try to use my phone in safe mode just did another reboot and all was well.

Guest plewis1981

That is what i did, installed from playstore and then enable from settings, that when i get the error message, have used exactly the same procedure on other roms no problems.

If you can provide a catalog Kralo5 will stand a much better chance of finding a fix. Catalog can be downloaded from the play store.

Edited by plewis1981

Guest cjcandrei

Hi guys,

Does anybody know a trick not to autoincrease the volume when you are in a call and in a noisy environment? It seems this would be a jelly bean feature but it is so annoying. The volume increases to max and it blows your ear out of your head... One more call and I'll turn deaf...

Thanks

Guest plewis1981

Hi guys,

Does anybody know a trick not to autoincrease the volume when you are in a call and in a noisy environment? It seems this would be a jelly bean feature but it is so annoying. The volume increases to max and it blows your ear out of your head... One more call and I'll turn deaf...

Thanks

Go to the phone app, contacts then press the menu and deactivate noise suppression,

EDIT, Kralo5 is there any chance of adding the info about noise suppression to the OP, as it seems a lot of people are missing it in the thread.

Edited by plewis1981

Guest cjcandrei

Go to the phone app, contacts then press the menu and deactivate noise suppression,

EDIT, Kralo5 is there any chance of adding the info about noise suppression to the OP, as it seems a lot of people are missing it in the thread.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've already tried this and still the volume increases. Also my gsm signal bars are always black...

Guest mihairu

Very nice and fast rom, but has anyone problem with video playback?

HW+ on mx-player (and hw playback on any video player generally) don't work and videos have lower framerate than on ics.

Any solutions of this?

Thx

Guest mr_mufy

Thanks for the suggestion. I've already tried this and still the volume increases. Also my gsm signal bars are always black...

I also have search for a solution of this mod. It's really a absurde. this option most be an option of the user.

Guest Kra1o5

Very nice and fast rom, but has anyone problem with video playback?

HW+ on mx-player (and hw playback on any video player generally) don't work and videos have lower framerate than on ics.

Any solutions of this?

Thx

Yes, is a know issue & yes is a OMX problem.

I also have search for a solution of this mod. It's really a absurde. this option most be an option of the user.

Sorry guys but is difficult to me because i dont have any issue with call volume-

Greetings

Guest Buffalo Soldier

@ Kra1o5, just install any stock-based rom and compare volume levels, you'll see what are we talking about.