[JB][4.2.2] PAC Milestone 1 RC1 [05/08/13]

Guest jordilopez94

Guest ptoner

Reboot did not fix it or wiping the cache and dalvik.

Fresh install, working agin, will not install apps form SD card, cannot select the Install button.

Guest ptoner

sdcard/ However, rebooting recovery under 'advanced' settings helped :)

Tried this and it still does not work... canny click the install button! :)

Guest TangerineTractor

Didn't for me first time... Have you loaded halo... think that might stop it somehow...

Guest kyan31

Can someone tell me how the Halo feature works out, is it usable or does it struggle on the G300? I always assumed it wouldn't work well due to the lack of RAM, but I have been wrong before :)

Guest ptoner

Turns out the Halo was preventing me click the install button when trying to manually install apps form the SD card using a file manager.

Turned it off like TT suggested. Worked fine then.

Been testing Halo, excellent little feature... very handy and seems to run ok on the G300. No issues, just a couple of seconds wait for the pop up to appear after clicking on Halo.

This was a full wipe and clean install of R14.

Excellent work !!!! Well happy!

Guest papachiclas

Hey, onde close halo and you can install :-)

Edited by papachiclas

Guest TangerineTractor

I couldn't work out how to use halo. I certainly couldn't turn it off, and the app in the drawer just gave a blank screen.... Can someone provide a quick overview?

Edited by TangerineTractor

Guest HofiX-CZ

I have a very big problem. The system reboots itself every day. Sometimes it reboots more, then twice a day. Sometimes it doesn't reboot, but it totally shut down (it is not caused by battery, because it is on 30%).

I have this problem since i switched to this ROM from CM10. It started to happen after a few days after the installation. The system was OK maybe 2 days and then the problem appeared. I used R12 and yesterday i updated to R13 (only wipe cache, dalvik and Fixed permissions). The problem continues...

I have baseband 2030, don't have officially unlocked bootloader, but I DON'T USE 3G! I'm only on 2G.

Does anyone have the same problem?

Guest TangerineTractor

I have a very big problem. The system reboots itself every day. Sometimes it reboots more, then twice a day. Sometimes it doesn't reboot, but it totally shut down (it is not caused by battery, because it is on 30%).

I have this problem since i switched to this ROM from CM10. It started to happen after a few days after the installation. The system was OK maybe 2 days and then the problem appeared. I used R12 and yesterday i updated to R13 (only wipe cache, dalvik and Fixed permissions). The problem continues...

I have baseband 2030, don't have officially unlocked bootloader, but I DON'T USE 3G! I'm only on 2G.

Does anyone have the same problem?

You will get random reboots if you have an unofficially unlocked bootloader. Nothing to do with 2g/3g. I never had the problem until I upgraded the modem to HSPA 11 - and once I'd done that, I couldn't stop it happening whatever rom I used. I think this ROM has the HSPA 11 modem drivers in it, so once you've flashed it, you've passed the point of no return - you will get reboots until you officially unlock, or revery to stock-based and relock.

Bootloader unlocking is freely available from Huawei, so there's absolutely no real reason why anyone should be on an unofficially unlocked bootloader.

Edited by TangerineTractor

Guest HofiX-CZ

You will get random reboots if you have an unofficially unlocked bootloader. Nothing to do with 2g/3g. I never had the problem until I upgraded the modem to HSPA 11 - and once I'd done that, I couldn't stop it happening whatever rom I used. I think this ROM has the HSPA 11 modem drivers in it, so once you've flashed it, you've passed the point of no return - you will get reboots until you officially unlock, or revery to stock-based and relock.

Bootloader unlocking is freely available from Huawei, so there's absolutely no real reason why anyone should be on an unofficially unlocked bootloader.

Damn! You've brought bad news to me! I've already applied for a bootloader unlock code, but I haven't received a reply yet.

Thanks for an information!

Guest Craig846

Hi. I've been trying out your PAC ROM on my newly acquired G300 & it's amazing! I've found it to be very stable & responsive.

I just tried flashing the new R13 ROM, but it's coming up with 'installation aborted' due to bad symlinks in the zip file. I checked the MD5 hash & it's correct. Any ideas?

I've come from an older phone running CM7, so this is my first JB ROM. A couple of questions:

Is it possible to change a setting so that the 'back' button ends a call?

On ROM's I've used in the past it's been possible to put the phone into airplane mode & then turn the wireless on & use this feature while the phone signal is still off. That isn't happening with this ROM - is it possible to change this?

Thanks.

Edit: For info was running R10 & upgraded to R12 when it came out. I just tried re-flashing R12 & that flashed fine.

I was running CWM 6.0.2.7, but I've now installed CWM 6.0.2.7 Touch Hybrid R4. I also reformatted my SD card. R14 has flashed fine now with no symlink errors.

Any advice about my other questions? Particularly is it possible to change a setting to end phone calls with the back button?

Guest kyan31
Heyy guysss not work this rom g301????

This is the G300 section, not the G301 section. If you want to know if it works, flash it and find out, however you are fully responsible for whatever happens (bricks, semi/soft bricks etc.)

Guest TangerineTractor

Damn! You've brought bad news to me! I've already applied for a bootloader unlock code, but I haven't received a reply yet.

Thanks for an information!

Email them, and put urgent at the start of the subject... worked for me after weeks of waiting.

Guest spider4

The big problem in JB is battery drain but is difficult to fix this without know what is eating the battery.

R10 with linaro experimental kernel. Battery lasted 6 days with light usage ( 2 hour screen, 1 hour talk ) . My factory GB had similar battery performance :-)

R12 with linaro experimental kernel. Battery lasted 36h, 2 day top, with even lighter usage :-( Phone is much faster no lag, but battery life is much worse.

I don't where is the problem but maybe it helps.

papachiclas you probbably don't have officially unlocked bootloader if you have to ask how to check.

But here it is second post.

http://www.modaco.com/topic/362821-tutorial-how-to-officially-unlock-the-bootloader-with-definitions-relock-guide-included/

Edited by spider4

Guest papachiclas

I don't have problems with this room. G300 it's better them iPhone for me. But I don't know who bootloader I have in my phone. I migrate from the stock+ to this room

I will try ask in a Portuguese forum, because in Portuguese is better to me :-) and I don't make mistakes in the phone

Edited by papachiclas