[JB][4.2.2] PAC Milestone 1 RC1 [05/08/13]

Guest jordilopez94

Yes, I did that but I want uninstall Halo because I don't use it ;)

just go to root/system/app and uninstall the .apk file for halo, it's not that hard.

Guest The White Sock

just go to root/system/app and uninstall the .apk file for halo, it's not that hard.

Now we will get some posts from him saying "my system carshed I don't know why ? Can you help ?" :P

Guest deki032

maybe somebody else noticed that something eat memory...i have 20,30 mb free memory sometimes,sometimes 0 mb free..i use greenify but this dint change anything..:(

Guest Kra1o5

Guys in next weekly you have the option to disable HALO if you want.

For Memory eating is really weird because is configure to have 50 mb min free memory always available (you can setup this in performance control) .

The reboots in wakeup is a know but random bug.

Greetings

Guest bunnymyhoney

Hey all.

I installed this rom last night and gotta say, it looks really good.

I've just a couple of questions though.

So, listenening to music on the headphones, when I got a message with the message volumes turned up, it stoped my radio from working. When I did get it running again the volume was all out of kilter. A reboot and putting the ringtone/notifications on silent did away with this (not ideal, but a work around :)).

But, my other question here is, how can I sent my own ringtone for incoming calls? MY SD card is visible, I can see the rinftones when I look in apollo, but in setting --> sound --> Phone Ringtone --> I can't see anyway to import a rington from my sd card.

Am I just being uber thick here?

Guest The White Sock

But, my other question here is, how can I sent my own ringtone for incoming calls? MY SD card is visible, I can see the rinftones when I look in apollo, but in setting --> sound --> Phone Ringtone --> I can't see anyway to import a rington from my sd card.

Am I just being uber thick here?

you go ! First link in a Google research ^_^ !

I also want to share a reboot that I've just suffered :

I was asking to my friend to spam me to test my notification in Halo and the vibration mode I was tweaking. Then after several sms received, I get a reboot.

I was on 3G since this morning, because I subscribed recently to some data coverage. I just unlocked the bootloader with the unlock code from Huawei, so, normaly, it's not related... But I'm keep thinking that it's, somehow, related.

I don't have a log because I didn't took the time to install catLog, but I will when I get back home and send you some if I have, an other time, this reboot.

EDIT : I just realised that I flashed the R14 thinking it was the R16... <_<

Edited by The White Sock

Guest bananas33

The last few updates have taken ages for the status bar to appear after a reboot. It seems to be 'Android System' taking lots of CPU and time to get going, then it's fine. I get the feeling something is scanning the SD card but just a guess, can't see anything obvious in the flood of catlog messages.

Guest bunnymyhoney

you go ! First link in a Google research ^_^ !

Oh. Now I do feel thick. I did a search and had no luck.

Having one of those weeks. Thanks ever so much 'Socks :)

Guest The White Sock

It allows you to spoof personal information such as IP, GPRS, IMEI and so on.

If I'm understanding well and by my own experience, the permission manager in PAC allows you only to disable some permissions for an app, but this app can need these permissions to work and then will not launch until you reallow them. PDroid alows you to trick the app by giving it some false information and so, in some kind, disable permission needed by the app.

So PDroid is well more effective protection.

Am I right ?

Edited by The White Sock

Guest plewis1981

If I'm understanding well and by my own experience, the permission manager in PAC allows you only to disable some permissions for an app, but this app can need these permissions to work and then will not launch until you reallow them. PDroid alows you to trick the app by giving it some false information and so, in some kind, disable permission needed by the app.

So PDroid is well more effective protection.

Am I right ?

Pretty much :) this is the PDroid's XDA thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1357056

I used it on CM9 its a very good app

I am going to read up on how to make the patch now, see if anyone can do it or if you have to be a DEV, if i have any joy i will post it :)

Edited by plewis1981

Guest The White Sock

Pretty much :) this is the PDroid's XDA thread http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1357056

I used it on CM9 its a very good app

I am going to read up on how to make the patch now, see if anyone can do it or if you have to be a DEV, if i have any joy i will post it :)

The thread I linked before was refering to an Auto-Patcher for many thing, including PDroid for PAC ROM under 4.2.2. So I believe it's pretty easy and shouldn't be a pain to integrate in our ROM ^_^ .

I was about to do it ;)

Guest The White Sock

Guys you dont need Pdroid in PAC, PAC have Permissions management included (Check in settings). Since 22.3.0

Yes we agree, but we are discussing about the advandatages of using PDroid. It allows a better permission's management in the way that it doesn't disable it but give false informations to it. I use the built in permission management and when I disable an internet permission for an app it will not work because it needs all it permission to work properly. PDroid will leave the permission but make the app believe that there is no internet connection.

But may be I totally wrong here... :unsure:

Edited by The White Sock

Guest plewis1981

The thread I linked before was refering to an Auto-Patcher for many thing, including PDroid for PAC ROM under 4.2.2. So I believe it's pretty easy and shouldn't be a pain to integrate in our ROM ^_^ .

I was about to do it ;)

will you post if you manage it, I have read the thread and to be honest I was all a bit much for me to take in.

Guest The White Sock

will you post if you manage it, I have read the thread and to be honest I was all a bit much for me to take in.

You just have to download the autoPatch put it in the same folder than your ROM

Then use this command

./auto_patcher <ROMNAME>.zip <MODS>

In our case that will be

./auto_patcher u8815_PAC_JB_4.2.2-v23.0.0_20130616-115205.zip pdroid

Edited by The White Sock

Guest plewis1981

Hi Kralo5, I am have a problem, when I press on a contact to call the I get a message that PHONE HAS STOPED. The call is still made but the phone stays on the contacts list. Also is there any way to get the lock screen options to work in ROM controls.

Apart from that grate work as always

PS. Clean install with full wipes R18 23/6

Edit. I have tried wiping data but that didn't help. I will make a log when I get home.

Edited by plewis1981

Guest Kra1o5

Hi Kralo5, I am have a problem, when I press on a contact to call the I get a message that PHONE HAS STOPED. The call is still made but the phone stays on the contacts list. Also is there any way to get the lock screen options to work in ROM controls.

Apart from that grate work as always

PS. Clean install with full wipes R18 23/6

Edit. I have tried wiping data but that didn't help. I will make a log when I get home.

Is R17, Yes PAC have various problem, I reported the problems I found, PAC is WIP ROM.

Greetings