Some questions

Guest gmotta

Guest gmotta

Hey guys. I'm a bit noob at this.

I've followed this tutorial to install a custom rom and have successfully installed Lightning

Even though I'm happy with Lighting, I'd like to do a fresh install and try out some other roms before settling on one. So i have some questions If someone knows the answer to I'd be very thankful.

1. Do I need to do everything again, or can I just copy the rom zip to sd card, turn off phone, start into recovery, and install the rom?

2. If I decide on unlocking the bootloader officially (still need the code though), what exactly do I need to do, considering I've already unlocked it using that .exe on the tutorial above)

3. Will it difficult the task of unlocking the booloader officially if I'm on a CM rom ? I'd love to try one of those.

Thank you for your time, and I apologize if this has been answered before.

Guest tillaz

Hey guys. I'm a bit noob at this.

1. Do I need to do everything again, or can I just copy the rom zip to sd card, turn off phone, start into recovery, and install the rom?

Add the ROM to your SDcard

1. boot into recovey
  2. wipe data factory reset
  3. format system

now flash your ROM

Guest gmotta

Add the ROM to your SDcard

1. boot into recovey
  2. wipe data factory reset
  3. format system

now flash your ROM

Thank you Tillaz. On my 2nd rom now. This starts to be addicting.

Guest plewis1981

To officially unlock the boot Loader you need the stock (Locked) boot loader.

You can get this by flashing a stock ROM ( update.app ) or by flashing a stock based ROM and then flashing the stock ( locked ) boot loader. There are threds on this forum on how to go about doing this.

Hope this helps.