[OFFTOPIC] USB Docks For G300

Guest george109

Guest george109

I've just bought a dock for my G300. But I have just realised that the USB port on the phone is backwards!! :blink: (What a stupid design! :P) but I was wondering if any there are other phones that has a backwards (or upside down) USB port so then I can buy a dock that was made for a phone like this? Thanks for any suggestions :)

Edited by george109

Guest george109

Also, Does anyone have experiences with any docks too? So like build quality or if it falls over when you use the phone in the dock like somebody I know has.

Edited by george109

Guest hippy dave

As someone recommended, I got one of those cheap ones from ebay, and then took it apart and twisted the cable over so the plug was the right way around.

Guest george109
As someone recommended, I got one of those cheap ones from ebay, and then took it apart and twisted the cable over so the plug was the right way around.
Can you give me a link? As lots of them are unclear if the dock is a lump of moulded plastic or screwed together. I'll see if I can take mine apart before I send it back though too...

Guest george109
I've got one of these... you have to run a micro usb cable between the stand and the phone.. but it works great for charging and syncing... and it works with virtually any phone.

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/desk-genie-non-slip-charging-desk-stand-white-p30340.htm

Thanks for the suggestion but I would prefer a dock that you put the phone into...

Edited by george109