[ROM][4.2.2] SlimBean [Build v8.0] Final - 04/08/13

Guest telonius

Guest vegadrc

I am not getting any lag so far but I did read on the Blade forum of people getting some when using CM 10.

They reckoned it can be cured or helped by disabling the crt animation when the phone is turned off.

Only saying what I read so don't shoot the mesenger.!

Guest TangerineTractor
I am not getting any lag so far but I did read on the Blade forum of people getting some when using CM 10.

They reckoned it can be cured or helped by disabling the crt animation when the phone is turned off.

Only saying what I read so don't shoot the mesenger.!

No, still getting the lags. And too long and frequent to be able to put up with.

Ahh well back to ics and hope that the logcat reveals something that can be fixed...

Guest telonius

OK, just done a full install, got a logcat of the wakeup lag, attached...

Couldn't find anything interesting in this log. Does removing your minimal text widget make any difference?

V6.8 is up Mostly slim bean changes.

Guest TangerineTractor

Couldn't find anything interesting in this log. Does removing your minimal text widget make any difference?

V6.8 is up Mostly slim bean changes.

No, tried without it on just in case it was that.

I'm running the latest PAC rom at the moment, and not getting the wakeup lag -I only got it in your slim builds, both this and 4.12 - so it must be a tweak or something that's specific to slim roms...

Edit to add: tried on 6.8, same issue. Doesn`t happen in other roms.

Edited by TangerineTractor

Guest dmalaquias

He does not use his phone...left him in a locker and took out seven days later to take screenshot... :)

Sure lol 78% standby hahaha

Guest crawlingcity

telonious, I just installed 6.8 last night, 6.9 today ! oh well, that's what it takes to have the newest thing on the block.

Thanks !

Guest TangerineTractor

Blasted last night, all went well, but it went really laggy this morning, system ui not responding, everything sticking.

Guest szornyu

We tried to use the Huawei Laucher the the widget force closed when we wanted to open it.

It works perfectly with cm10.1.

Guest cjcandrei
It's based on CM6, lol.

It's compiled from source using Dazzozo's config.

Ok thanks, my mistake. I tought it has a cm10.1 version as a baseline and then put something additional on top. I was asking because the incall volume has been fixed in latest cm10.1 and I don't know if thjs rom includes those fixes...

Thanks

Guest y4ss1n

thanks for this new update, my phone feels faster & ram management is much better indeed

right new this rom is perfect for me, except for the call volume issue (would be awesome if this gets fixed)

Edited by y4ss1n

Guest alearbo

I've been using SlimBean for over a week, and I can say I am pretty satisfied with it. So thumb up to Telonius for his work. There is just one little thing I don't understand: what about the Data Usage section in Settings? Was it removed on purpose or has my installation gone wrong?

Guest y4ss1n

I've been using SlimBean for over a week, and I can say I am pretty satisfied with it. So thumb up to Telonius for his work. There is just one little thing I don't understand: what about the Data Usage section in Settings? Was it removed on purpose or has my installation gone wrong?

yeah i also wonder why its not there lol

btw, ive been using this rom for like 2 weeks now and didnt get any single reboot or signal loss (and i havent officially unlocked my boatloader yet)

Edited by y4ss1n

Guest telonius

Hi,

What cm dazz base version does this 7.0 version use? Is this using latest nightly or an older version?

FYI, this is SlimBean. It has nothing to do with CM10.1 apart the fact that they are both AOSP based (obviously).

thanks for this new update, my phone feels faster & ram management is much better indeed

right new this rom is perfect for me, except for the call volume issue (would be awesome if this gets fixed)

The problem persists? Is it fixed on PAC or CM?

This is the diff from last release to this release.

--- a/audio/AudioHardware.cpp

+++ b/audio/AudioHardware.cpp

@@ -1580,11 +1580,11 @@ status_t AudioHardware::setVoiceVolume(float v)

}

// Added 0.4 to current volume, as in voice call Mute cannot be set as minimum volume(0.00)

// setting Rx volume level as 2 for minimum and 7 as max level.

-    v = 0.4 + v;

+    v = 0.2 + v;

int vol = lrint(v * 5.0);

ALOGD("setVoiceVolume(%f)\n", v);

-    ALOGI("Setting in-call volume to %d (available range is 2 to 7)\n", vol);

+    ALOGI("Setting in-call volume to %d (available range is 1 to 6)\n", vol);

if ((mCurSndDevice != -1) && ((mCurSndDevice == SND_DEVICE_TTY_HEADSET) || (mCurSndDevice == SND_DEVICE_TTY_VCO)))

{

As you see i've lowered the volume more.

If though it's fixed on kra1o5 release i'll follow his steps here https://github.com/Kra1o5/android_device_huawei_u8815/commit/3746b4df7b09b31bee562fd1aa85fc90843a3979 .

Else place bets on what values may do the trick. If it's related to this values anyway and it's not some nasty Huawei trick.

I don't see it either now that you've mentioned it. Will look at it i can't find where and why they removed it right now.

Guest plewis1981

You can download a data counter for the dashclock widgit.