[ROM][4.2.2] SlimBean [Build v8.0] Final - 04/08/13

Guest telonius

Guest plewis1981

Hi telonius. Thanks for the update :) I use an app called Orbit to proxy my internet use.

When I try to run it I should get asscreen asking if I want to request su permitions. But It automaticly sends me to the su permission screen. With a message in red I have attached a screenshot of the screen I should see and the one I get.

I had this same problem on PAC 4.2.2 until Kralo5 had to release a su fix for R15 wich solved the problem, Kralo5 said it was to do with the different binerys in the su apps.

Flashing Kralo5's zip fix's the problem but i was wondering if you could please take a look at the su binerys that are included with this ROM for the next release?, as I would prefer not to have to flash anything that I don't need to.

I wilthis is the link to Krali5's su zip http://download.clockworkmod.com/superuser/superuser.zip

I am running the 7.0 build. Very nice work, thanks for all the effort :)

post-982240-9879_thumb.png

post-982240-0-53072500-1373127113_thumb.

Edited by plewis1981

Guest wozzo

I was very sceptic before I flashed this rom. There wasn't any 4.2.2, which worked fine. This rom is awesome! v7 have better battery life than other roms, performance is good. I have only one bug, with call volume. But except this, rom is very good:)

Guest george109

one more question: is it possible to add the option to kill apps by longpressing the back button?

thanks

If you go to to settings > about phone > keep tapping build number until it says "You are now a developer" and then go back to settings, now go to developer options, then go to back button kills apps (its somewhere near the bottom I think) and tick it. I personally do not like this option as when the G300 is seriously slowing down, a quick tap of the back button can be also considered as a long press for some reason!

Guest plewis1981

@telonious thanks for the reply, I just wasn't sure if using a different such could cause problems.

Thanks, The latest build is awesome :)

Guest modacouserr

Hi telonius!

Nice work on this, it's awesome!

i have an issue: gesture typing only works with english..

what can cause this?

bad flash?

Thank's in advance

Edited by modacouserr

Guest Dante2070

Using SlimBean v7.0 for 24 hours, no signal drops so far. In fact, got better signal compared to all other g300 roms (faster to connect to data network and overall better cell signal). I like this rom a lot. Only thing is a little lag when pressing home button.

Guest dinamo1975

New version up. See changelog on first post.

Much better handling of RAM usage.

Hi,

It is possible to fix "caller id lag"?

Guest BuTCHeRxxl

All games and soft very slowed, as if have little framerate. Please, return speed animation from Slim-U8815-4.2.2.build.6-UNOFFICIAL-20130531-1845.

Guest crawlingcity

people are always complaining about games, yet they have a g300. Buy yourself a dual/quad core with 1gb ram and play whatever you want. *sigh*

Guest BuTCHeRxxl

I don't take low fps in games because of freezing hardware. All animation in firmwares after Slim-U8815-4.2.2.build.6-UNOFFICIAL-20130531-1845, have slow framerate.

Guest modacouserr

G300 is a budget phone, what would you expect from it, related to gaming? just think.

Every new update, people always say "this game still freeze, that one FC.." jesus.

Btw, with my normal usage + config all apps because of fresh install, one full charge got me already 1d 10h battery, and 34% left =)

never had such a good results with any JB rom. well done

Edited by modacouserr

Guest tcpaulh

Been using this for a while now and loving the responsiveness. Have found a few occasional niggles that may not apply to everyone.

Keyboard keeps reverting from swype to aosp.

Some apps eg adobe reader won't update due to insufficient storage (lots of free storage).

When launching maps/navigation, the orientation sometimes stays in portrait.

Sometimes get a 1cm blank black bar at top of browser.

Occasional GPS signal lost until reboot.

Edited by tcpaulh

Guest LadyHazy

This is the first (and only) custom rom I have installed on my G300, and I am very happy with it. It occasionally lags, and the hardware buttons are slow to respond sometimes - but this is nothing new, and is generally better then before. I have also had some freezes and reboots, which, from what I've read, isn't very common for this rom.

Two questions -

1) Is the G300 generally happier/faster/more responsive on this rom or the Slim ICS rom?

2) Being a newbie, can you tell me how I update to version 7? Do I need to create a Nandroid backup and flash it, or can you update through SlimCenter?

Edited by LadyHazy

Guest y4ss1n

1) Is the G300 generally happier/faster/more responsive on this rom or the Slim ICS rom?

I wont say its faster than Slim ICS, but ive been on Slim ICS for like a month, then i switched to this rom (slimbean) 2 weeks ago, and i dont wanna go back to slim ics now.. this is the first jb rom which meets all my requirements.

Guest crawlingcity

2) Being a newbie, can you tell me how I update to version 7? Do I need to create a Nandroid backup and flash it, or can you update through SlimCenter?

It's always a good thing to do a full wipe before flashing a new rom, although, if you're already on SlimBean v6.x and want to update to v7, just clear cache and dalvik-cache. Do a Nandroid Backup ofc, this is the standard procedure.

But i'll say it again, i really recommend a full wipe and a fresh install, but that's just my opinion

Guest Emanuel Castelo

Hey, it's my first time using the slim bean rom and it's one of the best JB rom around here, at least the most stable, for me xD

But i'm having some troubles with the bluetooth, i can't pair G300 with my mac or any other device. it says something like "unable to connect", is there anyway to fix this?

Thanks

Guest wazzaworld

Hey, it's my first time using the slim bean rom and it's one of the best JB rom around here, at least the most stable, for me xD

But i'm having some troubles with the bluetooth, i can't pair G300 with my mac or any other device. it says something like "unable to connect", is there anyway to fix this?

Thanks

Totally agree - best job ROM yet. Well done.

I too have Bluetooth issues. Can pair if searching for the phone but issues finding and pairing from the phone. Seems to restart BT at the point you key in the passkey.

Same on v7 as 6.8.

Guest hcsmatti

Totally agree - best job ROM yet. Well done.

I too have Bluetooth issues. Can pair if searching for the phone but issues finding and pairing from the phone. Seems to restart BT at the point you key in the passkey.

Same on v7 as 6.8.

Agreed, really nice ROM, but I have same bluetooth issue on v 7.