[ROM][4.2.2] SlimBean [Build v8.0] Final - 04/08/13

Guest telonius

Guest spider4

Just go to system/etc/media_profiles.XML

Then open it, and change the values 600x480 to 800x480

You only need to change the first one you see, not all of them. Then save it and reboot.

Make a backup of the original media profiles xml before modifying it, just in case.

Don't bother trying doesn't work. I wish it would be that simple.

Guest kyan31

Don't bother trying doesn't work. I wish it would be that simple.

Umm... It IS that simple :huh:

I've done it before many times dude, I know what I'm talking about.

Guest spider4

So is that working on electra v3 ?

I tried what you wrote and some camera apps doesn't record, some do start recording but freeze and make video file that cannot be played. When you change it to default recording works.

I don't say it can't be done somehow but not only with changing 640 to 800. Did you try that on slim at least once not many times?

...go to CWM and install this:

Attached Files

Thanks but same thing. Do i need to wipe something before flashing this.

Edited by spider4

Guest leillo1975

Will there be updates on this rom?

In the last days there have been many changes in CM10.1 and in the Kernel (Kra1o5) that have improved system stability.

Guest kyan31

So is that working on electra v3 ?

I tried what you wrote and some camera apps doesn't record, some do start recording but freeze and make video file that cannot be played. When you change it to default recording works.

I don't say it can't be done somehow but not only with changing 640 to 800. Did you try that on slim at least once not many times?

Thanks but same thing. Do i need to wipe something before flashing this.

Its only instable on CMR4, but this ROM is compiled from source so things can differ - however it is all based on Daz's sources so it should be pretty similar.

You are actually allowed to make a backup, and then try things out. Be a little adventurous :P

Guest telonius

New update is up.

Ram is now back to 384mb but the reboots related to /dev/pmem should now be gone.

Also merged all the latest commits from slimroms. Will try to give an updated version with all the latest commits once a week.

Guest leillo1975

New update is up.

Ram is now back to 384mb but the reboots related to /dev/pmem should now be gone.

Also merged all the latest commits from slimroms. Will try to give an updated version with all the latest commits once a week.

Yeeeehaaaa!!!!

One Question: What kernel did you use? You used Kra1o5 Kernel?

Edited by leillo1975

Guest Paulzie

My fave JB G300 ROM since has integrated OC, working camera and is lightweight on resources.

Only bug I'm seeing is the circleMOD battery icon displays no % of battery charge when it hits 100%. However it does display if it's 99% or less.

Good work :)

Edited by Paulzie

Guest crawlingcity

Yeeeehaaaa!!!!

One Question: What kernel did you use? You used Kra1o5 Kernel?

by default it uses cm10.1 kernel, with the commits made by the op, but you can always flash Kra1o5's kernel. I know i did.

PS: give it a try on the default kernel, it works like a charm. I just switched to have more options on governors and schedulers.

Guest jontylol

To update can we just flash the newest release over the old one in CWM? Will all my apps and messages etc. remain? Thanks!

So is there already that 800x480 recording?

Or any recording? Video recording doesnt start.

Edited by xzx

Guest Zisj

I have another Question. Did you experienced problems when you record video with the default camera?

I had a problem with camera video recording on 20/05 version: it doesn't record.

13/05 didn't have this issue, so switched back.

Also had signal loss on 20/05

Switched back to 13/05 because of these issues and also because it felt more responsive.

Really like the ROM in the 13/05 version.

Guest predragiPredrag

One question about slim beam theme :)

Can we make it white, because we have IPS screens so there is no point to make everything black

for the sake of battery life like on OLED screens? When theme is not so dark, we don't need to max

screen brightens.

Guest mumulacke

i have a big problem, after some times i lose signal and i have to reboot, any possible fix?

i also have the same problem...can you give us a solution

thanks

Guest subbrn2

i also have the same problem...can you give us a solution

thanks

the solution is telonius rebased in last cm10.1 nightly i think ...